• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#41 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

I wish they had released those two new maps in conjunction with the two remakes we're getting for Halo 2. Four new maps might actually hold us over until Halo 3 once the Beta ends. I guarantee you that Tombstone and Desolation will not last for a couple of months until Halo 3 finally arrives.

I hear that. I really like the new maps for PC.

#42 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

I like how the map looks. I'm very excited, I'll have 4 new maps to play with over the next month.

#43 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:12 PM

no, seriously, try to find an original texture. You won't. -Syracuse022

See that ramp coming out of the orange beam structure on the third picture down? And the left side of the structure judding from the cliff? I didn't ever see a texture that bland in Halo 2. I think it's new.

#44 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

District:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

District looks ten times better than Desolation and Tombstone combined, and is everything I wanted Headlong to be like. God damnit.

#45 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

Bastards! I hate them, well not really, but what we are getting looks like shit compared to this beauty. It looks like New Mombasa. Damn it....

#46 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

That's actually Old Mombasa, also called "Outskirts" in Halo 2. This environment seems to have the same architecture and coloration of those buildings we see before crossing the Nyali bridge toward the center of the city, or what is known as New Mombasa. It's unfortunate that we're not getting these maps, however, I'm pretty certain Halo 3 will have us covered in this aspect. Plus, as much as I like large and cool looking maps (and both of these maps look large and cool looking), I know that when it comes down to it, it won't be nearly as fun as a good 4v4 map. I think if we played all four of these maps consistently, we would probably still end up playing a map like Desolation more often. Look at Lockout for example...small, narrow and dangerous geometry with a really poor color palette - but it's perfect platform placement and great overall multi-tiered design make it brilliant. I would want H2V for the map editor. Not even to really share my maps, but just make them. Even though I plan on getting Vista this year, after thinking about it long and hard, this game isn't for me. I have about a dozen games in 2007 I'm really interested in and despite my love for Halo, the new maps, the beta and the retail game are going to sap enough time out of me this year.

#47 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

Neither H2V map has a single new texture. Fascinating. As for District, I agree that it looks like the best of the 4. One problem - big maps in H2's engine are flat out miserable. If that was a Halo 1 map, I'd probably cry a little bit.

#48 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

Cuse, I found a new texture. Look at the fifth post back form this one. Post #43.

Edited by Blamo, 08 April 2007 - 11:13 AM.

#49 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

Supposed Achievement List for Halo 2 Vista.

#50 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

Neither H2V map has a single new texture. Fascinating.

Who gives a crap? Besides you.

It's no secret that you won't be buying the PC version of Halo 2, especially after the huge disappointment that the Xbox version brought. Therefore, I don't understand why you need to troll every Halo 2 thread. Haven't you gotten your fill yet? Please, Syracuse, please... no more.

Edited by Blaze, 08 April 2007 - 03:35 PM.

#51 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

Or, you and your emo smiley can go choke on a fat one. Like I said before, my two favorite Halo maps of all time are:

A big gray box
Posted Image
Posted Image

And a purple box, with all of the textures from the Truth and Reconciliation campaign level
Posted Image
Posted Image

For me to point out that there isn't a single original texture on these maps is an observation, not a fucking condemnation - My pointing out that stuff like B-X-R and double shots are still in a while back was quite the opposite. I could give a shit how a map looks. It's how it plays that matters. I "troll" this board because I'm a fucking moderator. And I'm fascinated by all four new maps for this game, because, as I've said on a number of occasions, one of the main things Bungie continues to nail is map design. We get it Blaze, you don't like me and Van. Please, Blaze, please... no more. Ass.

#52 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:37 PM

Like I said before, my two favorite Halo maps of all time are: A big gray box and a purple box, with all of the textures from the Truth and Reconciliation campaign level.

For me to point out that there isn't a single original texture on these maps is an observation, not a fucking condemnation - My pointing out that stuff like B-X-R and double shots are still in a while back was quite the opposite. I could give a shit how a map looks. It's how it plays that matters. I "troll" this board because I'm a fucking moderator. And I'm fascinated by all four new maps for this game, because, as I've said on a number of occasions, one of the main things Bungie continues to nail is map design. We get it Blaze, you don't like me and Van. Please, Blaze, please... no more. Ass.

Ok, I know. I just don't understand why you keep pointing out that these new maps don't have new textures. To me, it seems like you are just finding new ways to complain about Halo 2. Sorry if my assumption was completely different from your implication.

The only thing I don't like about you is your constant Halo 2 bitching. And Van is one of my favorite people in this group -- I don't dislike anyone in this clan.

#53 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

Alright, my bad. Might have overreacted, then. No, my guess is actually that all 4 of these are going to be among the best maps H2 has to offer. I, like you (I think), am much more impressed by the two that the PC guys are getting. A very interesting thing to me for a while now has been Bungie, Certain Affinity, and Hired Gun and their hiring of community members, most notably NitrousOxide (not capitalized in the fashion he would prefer), who was the creator of New Mombasa for H:CE. I was curious what role his mapmaking skillz would play in H2 Vista, and District is undoubtedly his work, at least in part. Especially because he said that Uplift wasn't. I think District is going to be really cool, and the fact that it's basically set in a Campaign level is not a problem at all. Most of H2's maps are at least based around themes from single player, and Old Mombasa was by far my favorite area of Campaign. The texture comment was more to point out my guess that these could possibly have been made directly in the end user mapmaker (though they probably weren't). Actually, for a while there I was thinking of trying to get a petition started because I need to play those other two maps. But I've only seen an online petition work once in my life (Bioshock Collector's Edition) - the rest have been pointless, dismal failures. So I decided it wasn't worth it. But I'd love to play District and Uplift. Blaze, I'm sorry. I appreciate your sarcasm, except when it's directed at me. I'm sure Van loves you too.

EDIT:
For Schnitzengiggles
New Map Preference, based on both (perceived) gameplay and aesthetics:
1) District
2) Uplift
3) Tombstone
4) Desolation

Edited by Syracuse022, 08 April 2007 - 06:26 PM.

#54 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

Pictures to accompany the Achievements

On closer inspection, I might have to find a friend with Vista (maybe I'll come bother Ivan for a week) in order to obtain my (LONG OVERDUE) Legendary badge for this game. Some game developers don't realize it, but one of the coolest parts about Achievements are the accompanying icons, and some of these are really cool (the level ones, especially Uprising, Sacred Icon, and Delta Halo; the Legendary one; King of the Scarab). Some of the Achievements are really dumb (Rainman), but I like the Hired Gun Achievement, even though everyone will have it before long...

#55 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

Not only do I love everyone in the clan, but I'm in love with everyone in the clan (except Mattacus, I must be the only Mormon). Marry me!!!

Edited by Vanwadilion, 09 April 2007 - 08:44 AM.

#56 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:19 AM

Not only do I love everyone in the clan, but I'm in love with everyone in the clan (except Mattacus, I must be the only Mormon). Marry me!!!

I DOOOS!

#57 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

Van, I would accept I'm not in the clan, oh well...

Edited by Blamo, 09 April 2007 - 05:04 PM.

#58 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

If you are not in the clan, it is because Van refuses to wed you.

#59 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,019 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

Mormon humor is the best humor.

#60 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:22 AM

There's a video of these maps on HBO. It's short, but the two maps look fun. District reminds me of the PDZ map held in a city. That map was incredibly big and cool. Blaze and I worked people for hours with sniper rifles at the top of the parking garage.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq