• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, they won't stop.

Not taking friend requests from people I've never played with, it's just my policy.

lol

You can set your communications options to Friends Only if it gets too bad. And it might. I get a ton of random messages and people will actually follow me around in games doing nothing but repeating my name over and over again. Bizarre.

#42 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:25 AM

Not to be a damper on things, but I've seen more than a few threads on Bungie.net bashing the Favourites. I personally like the landscapes; it's a nice change from the junkloads of multi-coloured flashes that get into the favourites sometimes, but I was wondering what you guys think.

I guess that's just too bad, they can deal with something other than Spartan sex for a while.

You can set your communications options to Friends Only if it gets too bad. And it might. I get a ton of random messages and people will actually follow me around in games doing nothing but repeating my name over and over again. Bizarre.

I can picture the monotonous chanting now...

Urk the Red! Urk the Red! Urk the Red!

Edited by Self Induced, 26 May 2008 - 08:34 AM.

XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#43 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

I had a guy in matchmaking ask me if he could buy my account, I said yeah for $1 million dollars. He then started talking to his little brother in a very sad voice, who was sitting next to him but we could hear everything, "No, he won't sell it. He wants too much money. I only have about $8000 but I wouldn't waste all of it on Recon. I know, I'm sorry. Some people are just really lucky." Then his 5yr old brother gets on the headset, "FALKOR, FALKOR, FALKOR, FALKOR........Are you Jesus?" lolollolololollololooolll Stormtrooper30 was in the game with me. You can't make this stuff up.

Edited by Falkor, 26 May 2008 - 09:12 AM.

#44 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

You should have told him $4000 was good.

#45 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

If I had Recon, I would get banned. For some reason whenever I hear the "boo-kook" sound of the notifications, I lose a little bit of my sanity. And from what it sounds like, I would slowly but surely become the biggest asshole ever on XBOX LIVE.

#46 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

Are you Jesus?

Easy mistake. You both have stache's.

#47 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

If I had Recon, I would get banned. For some reason whenever I hear the "boo-kook" sound of the notifications, I lose a little bit of my sanity. And from what it sounds like, I would slowly but surely become the biggest asshole ever on XBOX LIVE.

I tried not being an asshole. But they make it impossible. The persistence of some people is mind blowing. When you decline a friend request 5 times, then deny 5 invites, and then listen to 5 voice messages, all from the same person, it really gets to you.

Edited by Falkor, 26 May 2008 - 11:24 AM.

#48 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,695 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

Easy mistake. You both have stache's.

He doesn't have the required goatee though. That's key.

I tried not being an asshole. But they make it impossible. The persistence of some people is mind blowing. When you decline a friend request 5 times, then deny 5 invites, and then listen to 5 voice messages, it really gets to you.

Just send them a message of decline, being as nice as possible, and then remove them from your life forever by blocking all messages from them. Problem solved, until they make 5 more accounts to stalk you with.

Edited by Kinetic, 26 May 2008 - 11:25 AM.

#49 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

Keep on your toes or you might lose 'em.

• 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

I had a guy in matchmaking ask me if he could buy my account, I said yeah for $1 million dollars. He then started talking to his little brother in a very sad voice, who was sitting next to him but we could hear everything,

"No, he won't sell it. He wants too much money. I only have about $8000 but I wouldn't waste all of it on Recon. I know, I'm sorry. Some people are just really lucky."

Then his 5yr old brother gets on the headset,

"FALKOR, FALKOR, FALKOR, FALKOR........Are you Jesus?"

lolollolololollololooolll

Stormtrooper30 was in the game with me. You can't make this stuff up.

Lol, funniest game ever. The guy was fun to play with until his 5 year old brother got on the head set. "Falkor, are you Jesus?" "Falkor, are you Jesus?" "Falkor, are you Jesus?"??!?!?!?@?@1/1!?!?12

OMG he wouldnt shut up. After a persistant 10 minutes of listening to the 5 year old I muted him. The next game Falkor followed suit and then booted him from the party. Good times...

#50 Self Induced

Self Induced

• 739 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

The next game Falkor followed suit and then booted him from the party.

Why was he in the party?
(no shit)

#51 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

I know Falkor and Ivan have been nice and played with some of the guys that have been messaging us.

#52 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

Yea, Falkor let him into the party because he offered up 250 bucks for his GT. We ended up playing with him and all was well until "he" struck.

#53 Self Induced

Self Induced

• 739 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

I know Falkor and Ivan have been nice and played with some of the guys that have been messaging us.

That's not being nice. That's giving in.
(no shit)

#54 Stormtrooper30

Stormtrooper30

• 461 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

If annoying people were bugging the hell outta me I wouldnt be playing with them. If anything, this will just provoke them to send even more messages.

#55 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

If I'm online and someone starts sending me messages or invites, I'll invite them into my room, play a game or two with them then give them the boot. Most of them just want to play a game so they can take screenshots of Recon. I don't care about that so I let them play.

#56 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

If I'm online and someone starts sending me messages or invites, I'll invite them into my room, play a game or two with them then give them the boot.

And I can vouch for that. We played social slayer with two of these unknowns just yesterday.

I'll try my best to be as courteous if my video gets as popular as your guys' stuff. I have a very low dumbass-tolerance level, but seeing as I tolerate myself each and every second of the day, I'll see how I do with others of my breed.

#57 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

Yeah, Kinetic, I can guarantee you'll be getting dozens of messages next week.

#58 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

What exactly is in the next batch of BNG favorites anyways?

#59 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

What exactly is in the next batch of BNG favorites anyways?

Check Clan Ascendant's file share and pick out the stuff that hasn't been put up yet. It'll be those plus some other stuff, I believe.

#60 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

If I'm online and someone starts sending me messages or invites, I'll invite them into my room, play a game or two with them then give them the boot.

Most of them just want to play a game so they can take screenshots of Recon. I don't care about that so I let them play.

That's very polite thing to do, I imagine most people in your situation wouldn't be as generous.

Reminds me of a youtube video, where a prolific quiter used his nerfed stats to convince two fellas he was Bungie staff and recorded theire whining and antics for a match, was quite funny.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq