The Terminals

Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#121 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

*eyebrow* Did my post disappear? Ok... found it. Apparently, I need to post sober. This ended up in another topic. (Probably opened up both topics in tabs and then quick replied in the wrong one.) Forerunner 1: The Flood is coming. Forerunner 2: You know what we have to do... Forerunner 1: No... not that? Forerunner 2: We've got to build a DAM. The biggest damn DAM we've ever built. Forerunner 1: Agh... pun... tacular... killing me from the inside out...

Edited by Anpheus, 12 July 2008 - 11:08 AM.

#122 Nox Vulpes

Nox Vulpes
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

I've been wondring about this for a while now. How come Humans are the official "Reclaimers" if their discovery was so late? Like shouldn't there have been designated "Reclaimers" chosen at the time the Halos were built. It seems odd that humans have such importance, if they were discovered by the Librarian so soon before the firing of the rings. I remember reading in Contact Harvest that the Brutes had recovered some Forerunner artifact that helped them find other artifacts, and that for some reason it showed Humans as a Forerunner artifacts aswell. This leads me to believe that Humans may have been special to the Forerunners, even before their discovery. Seeing as all these Forerunner artifacts recognized Humans even though Humans were only discovered on Earth right before the rings fired. Perhaps the term "Reclaimer" means more than we think it does. Peraps humanity's reclaimation designation existed before the Flood and the Galaxy-wide genocide. Perhaps Reclaimers were not just meant to reclaim the Forerunner technology after the Halos fired, but were also meant to reclaim Precursor technology after the Precursors dissapeared. Notice how in the Librarian's 6th transmission regarding the finding of Earth she says: "We knew this was a special place because of them" Because of THEM? Not becuase there is a race here that looks like it could reclaim our Mantle, but because of THEM. Doesn't that make it sound like they knew about humans before ever finding them? Like it was some sort of prophecy or something? I think that Humans may infact have alot more to do with the Precursors than we originally thought. But thats just my opinion. What do you guys think?

Edited by Nox Vulpes, 09 November 2008 - 11:43 AM.

#123 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:42 PM

I think that Humans may infact have alot more to do with the Precursors than we originally thought. But thats just my opinion.

Not one bit of info regarding the Precursors has ever been explained anywhere. Not in-game or outside of the game. (Correct me if i'm wrong.)

I'm not sure where we got the name "Precursors" from anyway.
twitter: @bradenbullen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq