5 replies to this topic

#1 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Go here:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

It is a cutscene from the ark.

At :25 the sentinel says something to Master Chief, something like "Terminus on menosights". I know thats not what he's saying but maybe someone can figure it out? I have a feeling it could be latin perhaps, the "base language" that is referred to in Ghosts of Onyx when a sentinel speaks to one of the SIII soldiers.

It could give some insight to exactly what the sentinels are being deployed for.

Edit:
I've really been listening to it, I think he is saying "We must keep the prophet (some random word I can't understand) within our sights".

Edited by Maj Williams, 15 August 2008 - 12:19 PM.

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Um, that's The Arbiter speaking. But to answer your question, the Sentinels are being deployed to help construct the replacement Halo.

Edited by Syracuse022, 15 August 2008 - 12:17 PM.

#3 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

hot dog you are right. it didn't sound like him until you said so... dang it i thought i was onto something good too. well then i guess my other question is: why are they leaving? did they ever answer that question? Are these the sentinels that were blocking your progress at the end of Halo, the level? Or are these going to something else? Just curious if this has ever been figured out and I just missed that bus or something

Edited by Maj Williams, 15 August 2008 - 12:22 PM.

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

hot dog you are right. it didn't sound like him until you said so... dang it i thought i was onto something good too.

well then i guess my other question is: why are they leaving? did they ever answer that question? Are these the sentinels that were blocking your progress at the end of Halo, the level? Or are these going to something else? Just curious if this has ever been figured out and I just missed that bus or something

They are going to work on Installation 04: Part Deux. Which at this point had not been revealed.

Edit: The edit buttons for losers Sigh-Raw-Cross.

Edited by Nightshade, 15 August 2008 - 12:36 PM.

#5 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

They are going to work on Installation 04: Part Deux. Which at this point had not been revealed.

True dat. They have a "priority task," and the creation of a new installation to replace a destroyed one must be at the very top of any lists.

I'd imagine that one of two things was happening: Either the Sentinels had been dispatched from their duties on the installation, in order to prevent Truth from accessing certain areas of the Ark (as revealed by the Monitor's line in the light bridge room: "Sudden clarity! These Sentinels were trying to deny access to the lower levels of this facility. A wise decision given the Meddler’s preference for destructive acquisition!"), OR the Sentinels were part of a newly created "batch" and they were heading toward the installation together. I think that the former theory is more the likely one.

#6 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

True dat. They have a "priority task," and the creation of a new installation to replace a destroyed one must be at the very top of any lists.

I'd imagine that one of two things was happening: Either the Sentinels had been dispatched from their duties on the installation, in order to prevent Truth from accessing certain areas of the Ark (as revealed by the Monitor's line in the light bridge room: "Sudden clarity! These Sentinels were trying to deny access to the lower levels of this facility. A wise decision given the Meddler’s preference for destructive acquisition!"), OR the Sentinels were part of a newly created "batch" and they were heading toward the installation together. I think that the former theory is more the likely one.

Yeah the first time I had seen this cut scene during my first play through I thought it was going to be a tie-in to a completely new game. I guess I just never thought to put any more thought into it until I had seen this on youtube, and it peaked my interest.

What I did find somewhat disappointing was that they got rid of the Enforcers that I thought were pretty cool in H2 and didn't introduce more sentinel types. Ghosts of Onyx, anyone?

Edited by Maj Williams, 18 August 2008 - 06:59 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq