Photo

Crysis

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#41 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

Well whenever they feel like releasing this multiplayer beta, you guys will be the first I'll notify. I went ahead and bought a Intel Quad-Core processor just because of this game (and mainly that all the newer games will utilize this awesome piece of technology). Probably the best $500 I've spent in awhile.

Depending on how it ends up running, I might increase my RAM as well (running 1 gig right now). But I recently upgraded my card to a Radeon X1650 with a 400 watt power supply, and my processor's a Athlon 3300+. Then again, I've noticed that if I ever run minimum requirements on any game, the game's framerate is still unplayable. I'll definitely check out that beta to make sure I can run it before I buy it, even if I have to run it on minimum settings.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#42 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

New gameplay footage (Island Walkthrough).

This really shows off how the game will be played unlike most of the videos I've seen. Looks absolutely amazing.

#43 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

This really shows off how the game will be played unlike most of the videos I've seen. Looks absolutely amazing.

Holy wow... I'm so glad I invested in this machine.

#44 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:11 AM

I think my fear of "pretty graphics but no gameplay" is starting to subside.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#45 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Awesome New Suit Trailer

#46 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

Just joined the multiplayer beta last night, sorta. This game is amazing! I have to set most of the video settings on Medium to get a steady framerate, but this game still looks badass. Very fun. I gives it 5 thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#47 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:56 PM

What specs does your PC have? Wanna get some sort of idea how badly it'll run on mine.

#48 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:22 PM

It's a fairly expensive system...I made this computer just to run this game. Intel Core 2 - Quad Core Processor 2.40 GHz 7900 GT 256 MB 2 GBs of RAM Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Linksys Fast Ethernet Adapter 160 GB Hard Drive

#49 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:48 PM

Heh, I see. I'd be surpriced if I could run Crysis on low then. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can afford to upgrade my PC. I've only got: AMD64 3800+ (@2.4ghz) 7600 GT 512 MB 2 GBs of RAM 2x 150 GB Hard Drives Your processor and graphics card own the hell out of mine.

#50 Tyja

Tyja

The artist formerly known as PoeticDave

• 77 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:24 AM

Heh, I see. I'd be surpriced if I could run Crysis on low then. I guess I'll just have to wait until I can afford to upgrade my PC. I've only got:

AMD64 3800+ (@2.4ghz)
7600 GT 512 MB
2 GBs of RAM
2x 150 GB Hard Drives

Your processor and graphics card own the hell out of mine.

I like how by todays average PC game this is a pretty good machine, yet by Crysis standards its a pathetic excuse of a computer.

Don't get me wrong Crysis is pretty, but i've never been one to buy insane amounts of hardware for a single game. Concidering about a month after it comes out i'd barely play it.

Edited by Tyja, 19 September 2007 - 02:24 AM.

#51 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

Well from what I've heard, DirectX 10 is supposed to give this game a 10 frames per second boost. But, I'm not going to get Vista or a DirectX 10 video card until I see Vista reaching SP1.

#52 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:10 AM

Too bad Vista gives games at least a 10 frame per second drop...

#53 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:49 PM

Too bad Vista gives games at least a 10 frame per second drop...

Can some of the nerds out there enlighten me and tell me why M$ produces such bulky and craptastic operating systems? Why is it that NT and XP can be relatively decent while Me and Vista are complete ass?

#54 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

Can some of the nerds out there enlighten me and tell me why M$ produces such bulky and craptastic operating systems? Why is it that NT and XP can be relatively decent while Me and Vista are complete ass?

em dollar-sign is just out to get your money by winning you over with teh pretty grafix.

Spoiler

Edited by Blaze, 21 September 2007 - 12:58 PM.

#55 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, I guess my comment was a bit unfair. Vista is might be a great operating system. It's just that companies like NVidia haven't managed to make good drivers a year after Vista's release. Still, wonder how good SP1 will be. There's a torrent of the beta around the internet somewhere apparently, not heard much about it's performance.

#56 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:41 PM

Single player beta is out right now and it delivers as the best looking game ever created. That being said, most of the machines listed here will be lucky to score a 20-25 FPS with this game.

Posted Image

#57 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

...most of the machines listed here will be lucky to score a 20-25 FPS with this game.

:biggrin:

I made this computer for Crysis. It's going to run at least 40 frames because it ran the 20-30 FPS during the multiplayer beta. Everything I've heard up to this point is that the "beta" that we were given was not as new as the stuff they were already working on, kinda like how they did with Halo 3's beta. I'm going to give this a try ASAP.

#58 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

Hey, doesn't the demo come out today?

#59 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Yeah. You can download it here. Installing it now.

#60 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

Demo is amazing. Some weird physics and lighting glitches occaisionally, but easily the most impressive (technically and visually) game of all time, ever. I would post screens, but there's just too much awesome stuff. In this computer, I've got a Core 2 E6300 (phased out, launch) @ 2.3GHz, 2GB of RAM, and a single 8800GTS 640MB. With everything on high I get an average of 40-50FPS, occasional drops to ~30. I'll install it on my gaming computer later and give impressions there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq