Mythic Map Pack

Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 Hopdaddy

Hopdaddy
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:33 PM

It seems to me that there will be another disc pack, similar to the Maptacular disc pack for Halo 2. The achievements would fit, there would be more maps, and perhaps more. Anyone remember that quote from a Bungie employee? Something about there being so many downloadable maps that we would forget which were the originals?

#62 Deepblue

Deepblue
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:46 PM

:biggrin: I really hope this means what I think it means.

Edited by Deepblue, 02 September 2008 - 09:47 PM.

#63 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:29 PM

Ugh, as long as they aren't tied to new armor pieces or something. Getting the first 1000 was bad enough.

#64 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:44 AM

I highly doubt these are real. Those achievements (and the pictures in general) are really really fishy - some are illogically simple, and if they are indeed real, the guy at Bungie in charge of making new achievements is impossibly terrible at the game to warrant giving 50g to a flag kill or three assassinations. I'd say 90% chance this is fake. Wasn't the Bungie booth closed after 7 PM anyway?
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#65 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

That quote confirms what I've said, 250gamerscore per DLC pack (250 for Mythic, 250 for Legendary, 250 for Heroic, they are all separate DLC). 10 achievements max too, which means 10 max for Heroic, 10 max for Legendary, and 10 max for Mythic. If you count, there are 30 new achievements.

That quote says "via DLC" it doesn't say per DLC pack. It seems to imply that it's 250 additional points for the title via any DLC that's offered for it.

It hasn't been confirmed nor denied, hold on to your panties, remember the hype from the acceptance video, and the denial later on. Wait for the official word, I am doing so.

The denial was for campaign assets in Forge, there wasn't a denial for the grid map or the background where Marty was giving an acceptance speech. The fact that there are maps named along with skulls is very compelling.

Sandbox is a revised Sandtrap that will appear after the update.

Where'd you get that from?

Emphasis mine. Microsoft guidelines state that a game can have at MOST 1250 points. These new achievements are almost assuredly fake. It would not be difficult, at all, to fake those screens.

It's very possible that the point values are preliminary. If you've seen the original screens, they're high res taken with a digital camera and it would be very difficult to pull something fake over on images that high res.

#66 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:32 AM

Where'd you get that from?

BWU

It is actually Sand Tarp, not Sandbox, my apologies.

#67 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:51 AM

This is just a forum ninja responding to the pics. Not a big deal, but at least somebody somewhat tied to Bungie is saying something.

Bungie thread

Edited by txlonghorn, 03 September 2008 - 10:52 AM.

#68 Khyberius

Khyberius

The Pretty Prince of Parties

• 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

If there is a new disk, could that add more armor perms?

#69 Arachnidus

Arachnidus
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:34 PM

I highly doubt they are fake. If Halo 3 is being re-released as a MP-only disc, then they could add up to another 1000.

Possibly, but I'm still skeptical. It's killing me that I can't find signs of shopping.

#70 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

This is just a forum ninja responding to the pics. Not a big deal, but at least somebody somewhat tied to Bungie is saying something.

Bungie thread

Foman makes me sad for the Halo community. I almost wish we didn't know about it yet. While it is nice knowing what Bungie's next move is, it is still sad to see it 'leaked' and not unveiled in its full glory how Bungie would have wanted to show us. If any company is good at fan service, its Bungie. And by this act of almost betrayal on the fan's part is really like someone else said - kicking them when they're already down about the Microsoft E3 thing.

If this is all in fact true though, I for one am excited and can't wait for what they are going to unveil to us officially.

#71 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, something is definitely up. The achievements said 79 in total, so whatever these new 750gs are, they're tacked onto the existing 1000gs. Which isn't possible, according the MS's current rules. Something big this way comes.

#72 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

If there is a new disk, could that add more armor perms?

I'm fairly positive that Bungie said it wouldn't be possible to add more armor perms to Halo 3 in any DLC or expansion pack.

So in all honesty I would say there is a .01% chance that there will be more armor perms IF they are releasing a new disc and not DLC.

#73 Cowstripes

Cowstripes
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Has anyone else noticed that these achievements have been unlocked OFFLINE (no time and date showing - it just says "Unlocked"), despite the fact they're mostly ONLINE-only achievements?

Seems odd to me.

#74 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

Well these were on Bungie dev kits, so it makes sense that they've never been online.

#75 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

The Forum Ninja's post on Bungie.net appears to confirm the authenticity of these alleged screenshots of new achievements. Up in the air is if the achievements are actually for real and not discarded achievements of pre-Halo 3 release. Has anyone actually thought about it? It is a dev kit after all.

#76 cmnkisrule

cmnkisrule
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

New unlockable armor permutations would be exciting! I've been stuck forever with 3 achievements to go since I'm trying to do it legit unlike most of the timmies out there. Stupid security helmet/katana. I didn't want you anyways.

Edited by cmnkisrule, 03 September 2008 - 02:33 PM.

[img]http://halo3.junk.ws/statistics/gamertag/MstKSnsOfBetty][img]

#77 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

Whatever it is thats going on it does appear to be big as Cocopjojo said. We might aswell stop all the speculation because Bungie will let us know in good time. I just wish I could have heard about this in a video montage with a cool voice over and thumping soundtrack :biggrin:
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#78 Moosetwik

Moosetwik
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

The Forum Ninja's post on Bungie.net appears to confirm the authenticity of these alleged screenshots of new achievements. Up in the air is if the achievements are actually for real and not discarded achievements of pre-Halo 3 release. Has anyone actually thought about it? It is a dev kit after all.

Some of the achievements require you to unlock them on Legendary Maps, though.

#79 Xx Overkill VR

Xx Overkill VR
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

Some of the achievements require you to unlock them on Legendary Maps, though.

So?

#80 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:03 PM

So the achievements probably wouldn't have been leftover from Halo 3, since the Legendary Map Pack wasn't known about when Halo 3 released. They wouldn't have an achievement talking about something that wouldn't be announced for another 6+ months.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq