Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#81 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:25 PM

For those interested in the Assembly map from the Mythic pack/disc, voc has just put up a pretty nice write-up over at the Blog.

Posted Image

I think that it turned out really well and it goes a long way towards helping me get a grasp on this map that I may not be able to play again for a while.

Also, he drew an awesome sketch that shows a view from above the map. It really helps those who didn't (and did) play it to get a grasp on its layout.

http://blog.ascendan...eattle-in-reign

#82 Azrane

Azrane
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

I think everybody missed something, especially those in the Bungie forum post, from what I read. The achievements were found on a specialized build of Halo 3, not the retail build To think that Bungie wouldn't have it in their pipeline to include any extra achievements eventually was silly, but these haven't been released, were found on an unofficial build, and haven't been announced. There's the great possibility they will add all of these in, but until they make an official announcement regarding the topic, I think it's best to remember these were found on a dev build and aren't set in stone. Regarding the 1250 maximum, I think Microsoft would be willing to let Bungie bend (or break, as the case looks to be) the rules. Halo is the flagship franchise of the Xbox platform after all.

#83 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:01 PM

I think everybody missed something, especially those in the Bungie forum post, from what I read. The achievements were found on a specialized build of Halo 3, not the retail build

To think that Bungie wouldn't have it in their pipeline to include any extra achievements eventually was silly, but these haven't been released, were found on an unofficial build, and haven't been announced. There's the great possibility they will add all of these in, but until they make an official announcement regarding the topic, I think it's best to remember these were found on a dev build and aren't set in stone.

So don't talk about, stipulate or discuss things that have not been confirmed by Bungie?

What was it that brought you to this site exactly...

#84 Moosetwik

Moosetwik
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

Maybe Microsoft is planning an announcement to increase the maximum achievement allowance for titles, much like they increased the maximum size (on multiple occasions) that Arcade titles may have.

Edited by The Monitor, 03 September 2008 - 08:06 PM.

#85 Azrane

Azrane
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

So don't talk about, stipulate or discuss things that have not been confirmed by Bungie?

Not at all, I'm saying we shouldn't necessarily take things at face value.

#86 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

For those interested in the Assembly map from the Mythic pack/disc, voc has just put up a pretty nice write-up over at the Blog.

Posted Image

I think that it turned out really well and it goes a long way towards helping me get a grasp on this map that I may not be able to play again for a while.

Also, he drew an awesome sketch that shows a view from above the map. It really helps those who didn't (and did) play it to get a grasp on its layout.

http://blog.ascendan...eattle-in-reign

I get more from the sketch than I do the pics, as far as how the map will play at least.

Edited by txlonghorn, 03 September 2008 - 09:00 PM.

#87 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

One othe possibility I hadn't considered. What if rather than ship a stand-alone map pack - which is what I and others assumed - this is from a second disc to be bundled with the Platinum/greatest hits version of Halo 3? (Similar to what is out for Gears of War right now - an updated version will all DLC maps included.) Work with me. The Halo 3 disc is stuffed to the gills; IIRC, there's not even enough room for the Heroic maps, not to mention Legenday, Cold Storage or Mythic. It might make sense for Bungie to put all the maps on one seperate disc so that at least you could have access to them all without having to install them to HDD. (The title screen has everything but Campaign on it.) I still don't know what to make of the Achievements or potential map names. I think hoping for SIX maps might be raising expectations a bit high.

#88 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

I don't know what to expect but let's wildly speculate on the twelve maps we're most definitely going to get on the anniversary of Halo 3's release. You heard it here first.

#89 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

One othe possibility I hadn't considered.

What if rather than ship a stand-alone map pack - which is what I and others assumed - this is from a second disc to be bundled with the Platinum/greatest hits version of Halo 3? (Similar to what is out for Gears of War right now - an updated version will all DLC maps included.)

Work with me. The Halo 3 disc is stuffed to the gills; IIRC, there's not even enough room for the Heroic maps, not to mention Legenday, Cold Storage or Mythic. It might make sense for Bungie to put all the maps on one seperate disc so that at least you could have access to them all without having to install them to HDD. (The title screen has everything but Campaign on it.)

I still don't know what to make of the Achievements or potential map names. I think hoping for SIX maps might be raising expectations a bit high.

Has there been any word on a Platinum Hits H3? That could work. The only thing throwing me off on any of this is the different menus and backgrounds on the Mythic disc. Did the Platinum Hits Gears have different menus or anything like that?

#90 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:50 AM

Speaking of Mythic maps, I have a few pictures of the match where Luke and Shiska were beaten by Walshy the first time on Friday while playing on Assembly. If anyone is interested, I can post them here, so that someone could post them over at GAF for the folks who I know would want to see it.

#91 Blueblur1

Blueblur1
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

One othe possibility I hadn't considered.

What if rather than ship a stand-alone map pack - which is what I and others assumed - this is from a second disc to be bundled with the Platinum/greatest hits version of Halo 3? (Similar to what is out for Gears of War right now - an updated version will all DLC maps included.)

Work with me. The Halo 3 disc is stuffed to the gills; IIRC, there's not even enough room for the Heroic maps, not to mention Legenday, Cold Storage or Mythic. It might make sense for Bungie to put all the maps on one seperate disc so that at least you could have access to them all without having to install them to HDD. (The title screen has everything but Campaign on it.)

I still don't know what to make of the Achievements or potential map names. I think hoping for SIX maps might be raising expectations a bit high.

That does sound plausible BUT Halo 3 probably won't be made a Platinum Hits title for while much like what happened with Halo 2. Microsoft will leave it at $60 for as long as possible. Maybe a separate disc will be released and eventually bundled with a Platinum Hits version of Halo 3 sometime in late 2009 when sales may have dropped off.

#92 Maj Williams

Maj Williams
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

A picture by picture analysis of the first RECON challenge between Walshy + Random vs Luke + Shiska on the map Assembly on Friday the 29th at the Bungie booth, PAX '08.

Posted Image
Hi. I'm Walshy. And I have to wait in line like everyone else. *Notice the man with tiny denim jacket*

Posted Image
Waiting for the match to begin. Anyone know who his partner was?

Posted Image
Luke playing in a different RECON match, but his focus and sweat was 10x more intense vs Walshy.

Posted Image
Shiska's screen vs Walshy.

Posted Image
Dunno what Luke was shooting at.

Posted Image
Luke sees Walshy! OMG Pink mist him!

Posted Image
/fail

Posted Image
End game.

Posted Image
"Teehee I beat lukems."

I posted this here because it was on Assembly. If it should go somewhere else, mods, please put it elsewhere. I thought it would be fun to put in here though because it IS on a Mythic map.

And if someone could post this on GAF (if its allowed), go ahead because I can't post there yet and I'm sure they would love to see it, just give me credit!

Edited by Maj Williams, 05 September 2008 - 12:32 PM.

#93 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

9/5/08 BWU confirmed a bunch of the achievements:

For a number of reasons ranging from obvious to sublime, Title Update 2 (which is the new, hip, Xbox 360-version way of saying “Auto Update” or “Patch”), introduces new Achievements to Halo 3. Last weekend at Penny-Arcade Expo we played Assembly on the TU2, which meant that folks would see and buzz about the new achievements. These will be made live when TU2 turns on later this month - the previously announced date may slip a bit closer to the Halo 3 one-year anniversary.

Here’s a look at these achievements which can be earned via the Legendary Maps and Halo 3 Campaign:

Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.

As folks have seen, these aren’t the only achievements we’re adding. But without proper context, there’s not a whole lot else we’re going to say. Stay tuned.

#94 Cowstripes

Cowstripes
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:57 AM

Great news that Bungie have confirmed the achievements are real.

I can't wait to find out about the new skull achievements. I am hoping for more campaign maps!

#95 Blueblur1

Blueblur1
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:28 AM

And if someone could post this on GAF (if its allowed), go ahead because I can't post there yet and I'm sure they would love to see it, just give me credit!

It has been done.

#96 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:31 AM

The fact that they have confirmed the new achievements is brilliant indeed but some of them look a bit easy to get(2 Double kills and 3 Assassinations) Also, I hate 0 point achievements, the simple fact that they are not worth anything just makes me wonder why they bothered. "Look both ways" and "Defend this" look like the toughest and possibly most fun to get. Still, I won`t complain too much as this isnt all the achievements they are going to be doing. Another good achievement, despite being a 0 pointer, on this list is the new campaign co-op one. I`m not sure I understand it though as I do not remember Ghosts being available throughout the game. Any ideas?
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#97 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

Ghosts can be found on the final level, on Legendary, as soon as you exit the Control Room (after Johnson's death). There are four of them below the ramp to your left. And the reason that most developers do zero-pointers is so that the folks that want to get 1000/1000 (or 750/750 in this case) without having to do ridiculously hard stuff can do so, but the folks that want to get the achievements just for the fun of it can also do so.

#98 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:50 PM

Cheers mate :thumbsup: I should of read it a bit closer as it was obviously referring to the level "Halo" and not the whole game. Imagine doing Cortana with Ghosts lol
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#99 Nuvalari

Nuvalari
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:11 AM

Awesome coverage of the PAX release of Assembly Vociferous :thumbsup: Just want to speculate the posibility of remakes amongst the Mythic maps now that ivory towers have been shown in the Recon trailer. Hopefully some more clues or UNSC transcripts in the next few updates, i'm really excited about a possible six new maps!
XBL: Nuvalari

#100 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

Awesome coverage of the PAX release of Assembly Vociferous :thumbsup: Just want to speculate the posibility of remakes amongst the Mythic maps now that ivory towers have been shown in the Recon trailer. Hopefully some more clues or UNSC transcripts in the next few updates, i'm really excited about a possible six new maps!

Thanks for the kind words. We might see a remake in the new pack, but if I were to put money on it, Sandbox will be the "everymap" a lot of Forgians have been waiting for. I think it's a really good possibility that we'll see a lot of Halo 1 and Halo 2 remakes made using the tool set available on that map.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq