#1 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:54 AM

What were you doing? I got someone to fill in for teaching my Tuesday morning classes, and I took his Thursday afternoon classes. I stayed up until roughly 6 AM, playing through a game I had beaten the week before (but in French). I quit just after the scene with the Helljumpers (how disappointing was that whole deal?).

#2 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:38 AM

I stayed up all night in the building on campus that I worked on, playing co-op and live with Major Hayes on a giant hi-def projector...until the 6 am Custodians showed up and kicked us out.

#3 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:56 AM

Happy birthday, Halo 2. I didn't get you anything.

#4 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:02 AM

Me and a friend waited for 3 hours before midnight at the mall. Luckily we got a really good spot in line, so once the store opened we had our copies within 10 minutes. The funny part was that once we got to the parking lot, I realized I had left my car's headlights on, and the battery was dead. We were both freaking out, but we were able to get one of the EB employees to jump the car. We went home and co-oped it up until 5 in the AM. I skipped school the next day (and pretty much the rest of the semester thanks to Halo 2), and then we beat the game that night. Within three days after the launch of Halo 2 I was accepted into the clan after I was introduced by Mattacus. Luckily I had 1337 dual-wielding skills at the time, or I probably wouldn't have got in. Good Times.

#5 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:15 AM

Those were good times, Van. And now the noob has become the master...

#6 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:41 PM

Happy Birthday to the greatest online console game of all time. 4 billion matches later, who could of ever predicted all of your success and your incredible longevity. Even in the next generation of console gaming, no one has come close to matching some of the simplest things you do so well (party/lobby system). Here's to one more year of your continued dominance before you build upon your success with the greatest shooter of all time, Halo 3. Right about now 2 years ago I was just waking up as I am now after playing multiplayer until 7am. I could have easily kept playing without interruption for at least a few more hours, but I had to pick up my roommate at the airport from his redeye flight back from Vegas at 7:30am. I had already beat the campaign a few times through since a buddy of mine let me borrow his modded xbox with the british version of the game, and I knew I couldn't possibly play online with a modded box because surely MS had an instant-ban system for anyone using a modded box on Live. To think I was ever worried about playing on Live with that xbox, what a sucker I feel like now and what an irony of life after being cheated on so many times on H2 matchmaking. At about 7pm the night before release I was anxious to get my Limited Edition H2 copy and then to get the multiplayer on after beating the game and messing with all the maps by myself, problem was that the job I had back then had a problem with paying people on time. I still hadn't received my check from payday on the previous Fri since these assholes were back in the dark ages and didn't have direct deposit. I had to literally beg a friend to loan me the money in order to get my "Limited" copy which wouldn't be available later, omg what a sucker I am. So after much begging he takes me to Buffalo Wild Wings because I was too broke to eat and bought us beer and a bunch of food, and then loans me $100 bucks so I can get my Limited H2, strategy guide and have some left for a little food and water. I was on my way to EB to get my beloved game. I show up at EB games about 20 min prior to opening. They have this really retarded system of how they were going to sell the game and I don't get home until about 12:50am, I almost never went back to that place. I immediately jump online and I was very happy to see that no one had taken our clan name, I accepted the clan invite and I didn't see my buddy Voc in the clan list. He's the only one I really knew well and we played one match of BTB on Waterworks before he realized that his connection sucked and he thought he wouldn't be able to play on Live because of all the lag. He put BRASH as Overlord, left the clan, and signed off of XBL. That's when the rest of my clan proceeded to start ignoring me for the next 3 days. I couldn't get an invite from these guys to save my life, especially the first night so I ended up joining jesusphreak who had invited me to play with the guys in his clan Judah. I played with JP for a while but he was so addicted to Rumble Pit and this game he swears now was never fun to him, so I ended up playing with Crucified like crazy the first few days. We were pwning like crazy in Team Skirmish the first night especially, and I got to play with all these other people in his clan like Stryder, DarkKnight, NemesisBlade, and maybe even SharpeWolfe and the elusive Maverick313 (I never figured out who that crazy sniper was). I was pretty impressed with the skill of these guys and they kept asking me why I wouldn't join their clan since my clan obviously didn't want to play with me. I was so frustrated because even after a few days I couldn't get into games where they obviously had room and uneven teams, I don't know why. I was literally one button tap away in the menu from leaving The Ephorate and then accepting Crucified's clan invite to join Judah. At the very last moment I remember thinking to myself that I should have more patience and at least give the guys in The Ephorate a chance. I'm very glad I decided to be patient and now 2 years later we're the only clan I've every come across which has been together since Nov 9th '04. Who knows what would have happened though, maybe if I had joined Judah they'd have trusted me enough to take a leadership position and keep a solid organized clan with Sharpe and Maverick313 still over there along with some other great players. Who knows? Anyway, here's also a Happy Birthday to The Ephorate's official existence as a clan and to many, many more.

#7 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:09 PM

I love how that's written like a love letter, yo. Maybe in about 3 months, I can write an official "in remembrance" letter to Clan Nightly. Fuggin' fags.

Edited by JCTucker, 09 November 2006 - 02:13 PM.

#8 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:57 PM

I love how that's written like a love letter, yo.

So true. Just for the record: I wouldn't touch Ivan's Halo 2 disc without some rubber gloves and a hazard suit :wink:

#9 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

I'm gonna play at least one round of H2 today in honor of it's birthday.

#10 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:12 PM

I'm on, and Halo 2 just seems to suck after all the Halo 1 I've played in the past week. Maybe I just have bad teammates.

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

My thoughts exactly, Super Benjamin. Now go back and enjoy a Warthog launch or two, or have some friends over and play some Damnation.

#12 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

Man, I almost feel bad, Halo 2 didn't have much of a birthday.

#13 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

The party is going to start in a couple hours.

#14 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

What does that mean? Today's party is for the good game...

#15 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:09 AM

The Halo 3 announcement today.

#16 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:31 AM

Happy Birthday Halo! Sci-fi/video game geeks everywhere have a reason to smile today. Ivan, Kudos for the love letter :)

#17 eradzik

eradzik
  • Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:26 PM

Happy Birthday Halo 2! My present is all the money I have spent on the Halo franchise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq