Photo

Gears of War 2

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#1 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:14 PM

http://www.gamepro.c...ticle_id=159408

Posted Image

Maybe there will be some concrete information about it... I hope it's real, but it looks like it could be just a rumor. The "2" looks silly tacked on the logo like that.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#2 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:08 PM

Haven't even played the first one yet.

#3 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

Haven't even played the first one yet.

You're really missing out. There is something inherently satisfying about being able to chainsaw to death almost every enemy in a game.

#4 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:55 PM

You're really missing out. There is something inherently satisfying about being able to chainsaw to death almost every enemy in a game.

I sure hope I can experience that one day... I guess I can always dream.

#5 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

Singleplayer was 'ok' didn't enjoy the multiplayer enough to want to keep it. I hope they make the second better.

#6 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

I've heard mostly negative opinions about the game's depth / replayability / storyline, which is a pretty big turn-off for me. Still intending to rent it, though, and who knows? The sequel might be superior in all these aspects.

#7 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:07 AM

I've heard mostly negative opinions about the game's depth / replayability / storyline, which is a pretty big turn-off for me. Still intending to rent it, though, and who knows? The sequel might be superior in all these aspects.

If you haven't had the time to play it yet, you might really enjoy it. Most of the people who negatively rate GoW played it as much as the testers did. Everybody was kissing its ass when it came out. It was only after most of them played for 100 hours or so that they started to crap on it. If you don't have much time to play games, GoW is definitely worth your time. Even if you do, there are some people who love it so much that they're still playing it weekly (if not daily).

What I'm saying is that you really shouldn't trust the judgment of others with a game like this. You really have to judge for yourself.

Edited by mattacus, 02 February 2008 - 03:07 AM.

#8 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:27 AM

It was a very well done game. I believe it is the Halo of 3rd person shooters in some respects. I played a lot of multiplayer and it's probably my second favorite multiplayer game behind Halo on the 360. The story issues and replayablility aren't my main gripes. The games's biggest flaws imo are ridiculous host advantage/lag issues in MP, no party system and rampant cheaters that broke the game (I was chainsawed by a sniper rifle, seriously). Overall this game is like a 9.5 for me.

#9 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:44 AM

The games's biggest flaws imo are ridiculous host advantage/lag issues in MP, no party system and rampant cheaters that broke the game (I was chainsawed by a sniper rifle, seriously). Overall this game is like a 9.5 for me.

That's true. If you want to play any ranked MP, the game blows.

#10 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:30 AM

Loved the single player and co-op, hated the multiplayer. If there is a second one, I hope the multiplayer is scrapped completely so the campaign can be fleshed out as much as possible.

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

Loved the single player and co-op, hated the multiplayer. If there is a second one, I hope the multiplayer is scrapped completely so the campaign can be fleshed out as much as possible.

QFT.

#12 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:47 AM

For those who haven't heard, Gears 2 got announced this morning. It releases in November of THIS year.

#13 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Teaser Trailer can be found here. Oh boy more chainsaws. It doesn't really show anything, so here are some screencaps from the tech demo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Blaze, 20 February 2008 - 12:26 PM.

#14 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

Yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes.

#15 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

Yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes.

Second'd
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#16 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

So, so awesome. Can't wait to see what they do on the multiplayer side of things. The first one had so much potential.

#17 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

Here's the GDC Tech Demo Presentation. If Gears 2 has all the stuff in there then holy shit.

#18 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

Here's the GDC Tech Demo Presentation. If Gears 2 has all the stuff in there then holy shit.

Wonderful, now I need new pants...

#19 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

Wonderful, now I need new pants...

As do I.

Just fix the multiplayer and I might be able to call this Game of the Year material.

#20 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

As do I.

Just fix the multiplayer and I might be able to call this Game of the Year material.

Lies! Lies and slander! The mutiplayer was perfect! /Chainsawstitute mode.

But it kind of blows my mind that for a game that is based on a cover system, it took them this long to implement destructible cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq