Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#1 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Speculation before the storm can commense now...

#2 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

How about we talk normal for five seconds. - Voc

: )

Edited by Mr Vociferous, 25 April 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#3 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image

#4 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

Is that an official image? Seems kinda... unprofessional. =/

#5 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

It's for the press, so unprofessionalism is like, sort of par for the course.

#6 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:35 PM

... unprofessional. =/

That's what she said.

And yes, I concur. The lame photoshoppedness of the date and title "save the date" detract from credibility.

#7 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

Alright... This when E3 is going to be right? So are they announcing the Release date? P.S.: there really are unconfirmed reports of a halo game being developed besides "Wars" and the Jackson Project. This is going to be something big, i can feel it.

#8 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

Alright...

This when E3 is going to be right? So are they announcing the Release date?

E3 is in July now.

#9 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

Alright...

This when E3 is going to be right? So are they announcing the Release date?

P.S.: there really are unconfirmed reports of a halo game being developed besides "Wars" and the Jackson Project.

This is going to be something big, i can feel it.

AFAIK, this is for Halo 3 only, and it's not when E3 is. E3 is at some other date.

Edit: Got beat to the punch. =(

Edited by Drew, 25 April 2007 - 05:39 PM.

#10 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

So will this be the unveiling of the story, weapons, enemies, multiplayer, or all of the above? Either way I would like for them to explain the stuff in the same manner as they did for the Halo 2 multiplayer demo in E3 (2k4?).

#11 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

So will this be the unveiling of the story, weapons, enemies, multiplayer, or all of the above?

Expect an in-game trailer of Campaign. At the least.

#12 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

I agree.

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

One could only hope. Just something to shut all of the haters up, PLEASE.

#14 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

Where did this picture come from? Did one of us put the text on there due to an announcement found somewhere else?

#15 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Where did this picture come from? Did one of us put the text on there due to an announcement found somewhere else?

It's an image emailed to the press. Team Xbox, Kotaku and a few other sites are posting it, saying Microsoft sent it to them.

My speculation is that it's the unveiling of the Beta in all it's glory - screens, videos, features - the works. Given that it's five days before the public portion of the beta begins, I would expect the focus of the event to be on that.

Which is not to say other things won't be shown, such as the release date or snippet of campaign. But from the marketing perspective, I'd think you want to focus on one message at a time, and the big news is the launch of the beta. I'm personally expecting the release date to be announced right when the beta ends, kind of a tease - "the beta is over but you can play the full game on XX/XX!"

Either way I'll be glued to my computer big time. With Bungie's habit of releasing information such as the vidocs and 5th anniversary announcements in the middle of the night, I don't see myself getting any sleep that night.

#16 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

It's an image emailed to the press. Team Xbox, Kotaku and a few other sites are posting it, saying Microsoft sent it to them.

My speculation is that it's the unveiling of the Beta in all it's glory - screens, videos, features - the works. Given that it's five days before the public portion of the beta begins, I would expect the focus of the event to be on that.

Which is not to say other things won't be shown, such as the release date or snippet of campaign. But from the marketing perspective, I'd think you want to focus on one message at a time, and the big news is the launch of the beta. I'm personally expecting the release date to be announced right when the beta ends, kind of a tease - "the beta is over but you can play the full game on XX/XX!"

Either way I'll be glued to my computer big time. With Bungie's habit of releasing information such as the vidocs and 5th anniversary announcements in the middle of the night, I don't see myself getting any sleep that night.

I agree with just about everything you said. Nah, scratch that. I do agree with everything you just said.

#17 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:21 PM

I agree with just about everything you said. Nah, scratch that. I do agree with everything you just said.

Funny thing is, I read his post without looking at who had posted it. His writing style is so similar to yours that I thought it was your post.

#18 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:46 AM

Funny thing is, I read his post without looking at who had posted it. His writing style is so similar to yours that I thought it was your post.

Ghaleon's a brilliant man, what can I say.

#19 Blamo

Blamo

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:53 AM

I'm going with the Beta info theory. Why would they tell us about something ten times better than what we will play. That would be cruel. But then again Bungie loves to tease.

#20 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:02 AM

Ghaleon's a brilliant man, what can I say.

Well played. :biggrin:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq