• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,310 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

I don't know what it is about them, but they look kinda.... cell shaded? Cartoony? I don't know. Not a big deal either way, still looks pretty good.

#42 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,695 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

Daggum gorgeous

#43 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

That does look fantastic. If this plays at all like H2 this will probably be the best Halo MP in a decade.

#44 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

I see what you did there (and I like it). Also, holy shit, those screenshots look like Halo.

#45 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

The remake of Warlock, now called Warlord, was announced. Looks pretty cool, and the gameplay is looking even better in the new engine. Make sure you watch both videos, the walkthrough and the gameplay.

IGN First - http://uk.ign.com/ar...ction-ign-first

Also, the first image of the completed new Coagulation, now called Bloodline, was shown. Man cannons instead of teleporters, and a bunker in the middle of the map. Frank said on gaf that the Forge pieces are there to put it back to the original layout.

halo-master-chief-collection-coagulation

#46 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Oh, and Max Hoberman shows a new gem. The Sentinel Beam has been reworked in the new Anniversary engine so that it's not totally useless. It's now a power weapon and spawns in the middle of Warlord instead of a sword.

#47 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Season pass Halo 1 and 2 maps PLEASE.

#48 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

I like the look of the new Coag. I always despised it in H2 because it felt like such a downgrade from the greatest multiplayer map ever. The middle section in particular always felt incredibly empty, the bunker should help a lot, and I like those bridges.

Also Ivan, the Upgrades post doesn't allow replies, but thanks for the time you and whoever else puts into the forums.

Edited by phreak, 07 October 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#49 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

I like the look of the new Coag. I always despised it in H2 because it felt like such a downgrade from the greatest multiplayer map ever. The middle section in particular always felt incredibly empty, the bunker should help a lot, and I like those bridges.

Also Ivan, the Upgrades post doesn't allow replies, but thanks for the time you and whoever else puts into the forums.

QFT. Thanks dude.

#50 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

Season pass Halo 1 and 2 maps PLEASE.

stop this

why???????

#51 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

Have you not seen how good these maps look? I really don't enjoy paying for season passes, so when I see something like this come along knowing it'll be for maps and a game I know I love, I would buy it in a heartbeat. This is like a once in a lifetime deal anyway because I doubt Halo 2 will get this type of treatment later on. Halo 1 got screwed which is why I want them to bring that back somehow.

The next anniversary will be towards Halo 3 and I will not enjoy it as much because I felt it lacking in certain areas. I understand that the game already has a shit ton of maps, but I would absolutely love to see the lot of them get the next gen treatment they deserve. The multiplayer maps that were included within the Reach H1A pack look really damn good, but they are stuck behind the void otherwise known as the shitty Reach gameplay.

High Noon (Hang'em High)

Battle Canyon (Beaver Creek)

Penance (Damnation)

Solitary (Prisoner)

Ridgeline (Timberland)

And hell, they even had a Halo 2 map remade in there.

Breakneck (Headlong)

#52 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:26 AM

I've been lobbying the 343 folk on twitter a lot to make DLC maps for the H2 Anniversary multiplayer. They only need about 10 more maps, and they should stick to just Halo 2. They could knock that out in 2 DLC map packs at $15 each. Sadly it doesn't appear like this will happen.

DLC Pack 1

- Beaver Creek

- Colossus

- Containment

- Headlong

- Ivory Tower

DLC Pack 2

- Midship

- Relic

- Terminal 

- Turf

- Waterworks

#53 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:18 AM

Only remaking H2 maps would be a shame... I'm just worried that we would get brutalized on the pricing structure.

#54 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

I like the idea of keeping it just Halo 2 maps for a few reasons: it's an anniversary mode to celebrate the original game, Halo 2 maps are the best anyway, and we've seen in the past that maps from other games might not end up playing as good in a different game.

#55 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

I just looked at the video for Ridgeline. Wow that is a gorgeous map. I never actually played it on Halo PC, I can't wait to play to play that (Timberland anyway) on a console online in just over a month. Read that again...in a ~month we will get to relive the glories of H1 and H2 multiplayer. Holy shit.

Edited by phreak, 08 October 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#56 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

I understand what you're saying, Ivan, but I'm asking for a next gen Halo 1 multiplayer treatment that plays like Halo 1 in the same manner they are working Halo 2. I don't want Halo 1 maps in Halo 2.

#57 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

It'd be cool but that's not even close to realistic at this point. I'm focusing on the DLC when I tweet 343i because it's something that could happen.

#58 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:35 PM

Thing is, with Halo 5 coming out in 2015, I don't expect much in the way of additional content with the MCC.

#59 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Why not? We already get plenty of downloadables from games like Battlefield and Call of Duty while waiting for the next yearly title. I guess I'm hoping too hard at this point. =/

#60 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Why not? We already get plenty of downloadables from games like Battlefield and Call of Duty while waiting for the next yearly title. I guess I'm hoping too hard at this point. =/

That's a good point. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more content. This is just an odd-title. Halo isn't traditionally a yearly series, I feel as though they are mostly getting this out to fill time on a relatively new console, and they'll really push Halo 5 next year, so there's a lot more incentive to devote resources to that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq