• 4,130 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

Definitely. I'm most excited for Vault of Glass

#1202 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

PC confirmed apparently and it's Activision so it'll be on Steam. 

New trailer. 

I know it's alittle played out but I still love seeing Nathan Fillion essentially just playing Mal.

Anyone reckon it's worth me playing through the expansions? I really wasn't a fan of the original storyline, but the collection is half price at the moment...

Edited by UHYVE, 30 March 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#1203 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

Kinetic walked this same road a few months ago. Vanilla Destiny was missing a lot of what makes Destiny as it currently exists great. There are now 4 raids (all offering endgame-capable rewards) and a ton of cool weapon quests. Were you thinking of grabbing it for PS4 or XBone?

#1204 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Probably PS4, not got Gold these days.

#1205 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

I'm having a lot of fun with the changes in Age of Triumph. I think having the story missions as weeklys work out well, along with the Treasure drops for doing the 3 events in the week.

They hit it out of the park with the raid armor and weapons. These are the most desirable items in the whole Destiny timeline, and it's cool that there are 4 complete sets to go after.

Crucified and I will be on PS4 for the beta and obviously for D2.

#1206 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,682 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

I was someone who thought vanilla Destiny was like a game that said it loves you but secretly hated you. The carrot on the end of the stick kept moving every time you got close to it, and the act of chasing it wasn't fun. The exact day I quit Destiny is burned into my brain: I farmed that stupid loot cave for almost 3 hours, got 3 legendary engrams, took them to the cryptarch to decode them into weapons, and ALL THREE OF THEM became less-than-legendary quality gear. I had done everything this supposedly huge game had to offer up to that point multiple times over (less than a month after release) minus the raid, which is why I was spending so much time at the cave in the first place. Grinding to get "raid ready" was a monotonous process and I ultimately never got there. After those engrams decoded I took the disc out and never put it in again. A hastily thrown-together story and NPC characters devoid of personality or reason to care about them made the decision to quit even easier. Minus the stellar shooting mechanics, Destiny was an unfinished product that needed at least another year to bake. The horrible grind felt like an emergency move to extend the life of the game because Bungie knew there wasn't enough content at launch.

Now though? Destiny is the most improved game I've ever played, and I've been hooked since I bought the collection of all the expansion packs last year. The longest break I've taken was 3 weeks when my residency interview season kicked into high gear. There are so many FUN ways to get better gear that I feel like the time I spend with Destiny now is actually worth something. The current product never quite outruns some of the major flaws it launched with (i.e. skeletal story threads with most of the background plot in the online grimoire, PvP balancing), but there is so much to do now that it doesn't drag down the rest of the experience. If you're curious about jumping back in and enjoyed the gameplay mechanics of the original game, I'd say it's well worth your time.

Edited by Kinetic, 31 March 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#1207 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,979 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Kinetic - how often do you play per week?  I almost jumped back in with TTK, but ultimately held off.  I just don't / can't play as much as I would like, and the game time I do have is spent on games that don't try my patience.  For example, I've been playing the ass off of Horizon for the past 2 weeks, and it is the most enjoyable experience I've had in years.  It looks like Skyrim, plays like Zelda.  Before that, RE7 gave me nightmares, in a good way.  I have about 10 hours per week that I can truly game, and I can't really hold to a schedule.  I'm also cultivating gaming in my kids.  My daughter (7) loves Force Unleashed and Monkey Island.  My 4 year-old son plays Lego games on the DS/3DS.  I enjoy watching them play as much as doing it myself.

#1208 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,682 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:51 AM

Since I'm winding down on medical school before my residency starts I have buckets of time to play games now, so I'm able to play every day. I think I can easily hit 10 hours per week, and after each session I generally feel like I've accomplished something. I couldn't say that about the vanilla game at all. 

#1209 Jironimo

Jironimo

XBOX ONE Apologist

• Admin
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Tucker, what console did you play Destiny on before?

#1210 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,979 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

PS4

#1211 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 612 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

I picked up the taken king back when it came out, and it was a much more enjoyable experience then the base game. Still can't raid without a pre-made group, which is lame. Never got to do the Saturn raid, and thus didn't buy the last expansion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq