Resident Evil 5

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:38 PM

Actually, Drew, I believe you viewed the wrong video. I saw the picture preview on that site and it matches perfectly with the new video they posted on GameTrailers.

#22 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

New Resident Evil 5 Details
Producer Jun Takeuchi shares some info in the latest Famitsu.by IGN Staff

July 18, 2007 - Being able to see new footage of Resident Evil 5 was one of our E3 highlights, even though the new trailer didn't really tell us too much about the game. Enter the latest issue of Famitsu, which is home to an interview in which producer Jun Takeuchi shared some of the details we were looking for.

Takeuchi only provided vague hints about the storyline. As many have guessed from the insignia that appears in the footage, main character Chris Redfield is a member of a group called BSAA. According to Takeuchi, something has happened in the desert area that serves as the game's setting, and BSAA has dispatched Chris to investigate.

Once on the scene, Chris encounters a new form of enemy. Takeuchi described the game's enemies as something of human form that has intelligence. However, the foes are neither zombie nor ganado (in reference to the creatures from RE4).

In addition to the new enemy, a certain girl will make an appearance in the game. She's someone whom fans of the series will recognize. In the full version of the E3 trailer (which will be distributed on Xbox Live and PSN later this month), she appears just briefly, but Takeuchi expects her to have a more significant role in the next trailer (no ETA given on that, unfortunately). In the game proper, she will have a big part both in the story and as part of the gameplay.

On the topic of gameplay systems, Takeuchi admitted to the magazine that the hardest part of development so far has been in mixing new elements with part 4's basic gameplay. For the most part, RE5 will be played from a perspective similar to that of part 4, with Chris appearing on the left side of the screen. However, Takeuchi also promised a big surprise addition that he believes is an obvious evolution for the gameplay.

According to Takeuchi, if, after seeing the E3 trailer, you feel RE5 looks like RE4 now, you'll be left with a completely different impression following the next trailer.

Previously, Takeuchi has spoken about the importance of light in the game. In this latest interview, he offered an example of how light will play a role. Say Chris enters a doorless building. The surroundings are bright and the interior is dark, so it takes Chris a few moments to adapt before he can see. The game will replicate this, along with the opposite effect of going into a bright area after being in the dark for an extended period. This is where you can expect to encounter some of the series' trademark fear, this time from the inability to aim or see.

Takeuchi wouldn't provide a solid release date for RE5, but there seemed to be some consensus of it appearing some time before 2010. It will be a long wait, but then again so was the wait for RE4, and that one turned out pretty good.

#23 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:46 PM

That idea about the light being adjusted from dark to bright is genius. I cannot wait to see it implemented.

#24 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

Scans

#25 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Full Trailer

#26 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

Oh...my... That looks freaking amazing. Words just can't describe how good that looks, both graphics and gameplay.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#27 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

Gamesradar, the parent site of Xbox World 360 magazine, has high-res direct feed versions of the pics that appeared in the latest previews as well as the magazine's preview itself. The storyline is that recent volcanic activity has thrown up another ancient virus that turns people psychotic. A cover system has been introduced as well as a dodge mechanic that can be used anytime rather than having to wait for a QTE pop up. There is full online co-op, with the new mercernary girl being the other player. There will be playable flashback sequences.

Link.

#28 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

New Trailer

#29 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

New Trailer

EPIC.

It's like they combined Resident Evil with Dead Rising as in a massive amount of zombies that you'll have to fight at once.

#30 Confalone

Confalone
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:54 AM

yeah im really excited to see how the framerate handles it self with all those bad guys on screen at once and the lighting effecting each and every one of them, im sure there wont be a problem though. Goddamnit am I ever excited to play RE5, it cant come out soon enough and I;m so glad they brought back Chris (I hope there'll be some RE1 nods the way that there were in Code Veronica).

#31 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:59 AM

Beat the game on Saturday so if anyone needs help beating the game, or just want to do some co-op on Mercenary mode, I'm your man.

#32 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

I need some help with GOW2 tonight...I'm so close to the end. Shoot, I would even buy RE5 and play through it with you if you'd beat GOW2 with me first.

Edited by mattacus, 16 March 2009 - 07:50 AM.

#33 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Sure. lol Just give me a time, or preferably, send me an IM when I get home in about 30 minutes.

#34 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hey, if anybody is up for some RE5 campaign, message me on live. I haven't beaten it yet, and the AI is too retarded for me to want to play through alone.

#35 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

I'm off tonight and tomorrow if you're up for it.

#36 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

It'll be late tonight (I have a date with my wife), but I'll be there (I think I'm on 5-1, I just got to that cave with all the red flowers).

#37 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:00 AM

So, RE5 is officially a metric shit-ton of fun, ever since I unlocked the chaingun. I'm sure the infinite ammo rocket launcher will up the ante even more, but the chain gun has a certain style all its own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq