Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

Nice to hear a friendly voice during the Destiny 2 worlds reveal. 

#2 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

Haha yeah that was awesome!

Cocop pls, there's still time, take strikers out

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Did you hear strikers can now roam and ground pound more than once. OP

#4 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:31 AM

I watched some PvP footage yesterday and it seems much more balanced and tuned for competitive games and esports. Snipers, shotguns, fusions, rockets, grenade launchers are all power weapons as they should be.

Here's the complete skill tree from reddit for the 3 sub-classes people could play yesterday.

Dawnblade

Daybreak:

• Press L1 + R1 to weave Solar light into blades and smite your foes from the skies

Grenades:

• Fusion Grenade: Explosive grenade that causes bonus damage when attached to target
  • Solar Grenade: Creates a flare of Solar Light which continuously damages enemies trapped inside
  • Firebolt Grenade: Unleashes bolts of Solar Light at Nearby Enemies

Jumps:

• Controlled Glide: Better directional control
  • Balanced Glide: Bonuses to Speed and Control
  • Focused Burst: Initial Boost of speed for Glide

Third Skill (Press and hold O):

• Healing Rift: Conjure a well of Light that continuously heals those inside it
  • Empowering Rift: Conjure a well of Light that increases the attack power of those inside it.

Attunement of Sky Tree:

• Igniting Touch: A powerful melee ability that ignites enemies and causes them to explode
  • Risen Angel: While in air, aim your weapon to hower in place for a short time. Dealing Precision damage extends this effect's duration
  • Skyfire: While Daybreak is active, Descend causes explosive damage where you land
  • Phoenix Dive: Hold O while in-air to quickly Descend and regenerate health

Unnamed Tree:

• Firestarter: A power melee ability that damages enemies while also increasing your movement and reload speed
  • Wild fire: Engage your enemies mid-flight. Fire weapons and throw grenades while gliding
  • Blazing Dash: Press O,O while midair to Dodge
  • Everlasting Flames: Killing an enemy with Daybreak extends its duration

Striker

Fist of Havoc :

• Press R2 to slam the ground
  • Press R1 to smash shoulder first

Grenades:

• Pulse Grenade: Periodically damages enemies in its radius
  • Flashbang Grenade: Disorients enemies
  • Lightning Grenade: Emits bolts of lightning

Jumps:

• Increased Height: Greater height on lift
  • Catapult: Strong initial burst of momentum
  • Increased Control: Better directional control on lift

Third Skill (Hold O):

• Towering Barricade: A large Barrier that can be used for cover or to seal off dangerous areas
  • Rally Barricade: A small barrier that allows you to peek over while aiming down the sights and instantly reloads your equipped weapon when you take cover

Code of Juggernaut Tree:

• Knockout: Breaking enemy shields increases your melee range
  • Reversal: Melee kills immediately trigger health regeneration
  • Frontal Assault: A powerful melee punch that grants you increased weapon stability
  • Trample: Fist of Havoc lasts longer while sprinting. Killing enemies with FoH extends the duration.

Unnamed Tree:

• Shoulder Charge: After sprinting for a short time press R1 to slam shoulder
  • Aftermath: FoH disorients enemies and leaves a damage-dealing field in its wake
  • Magnitude: increased the duration of Pulse/Lightning Grenades and Aftermath
  • Aerial Strike: FoH deals more damage the longer it is in the air

Gunslinger

Golden Gun:

• Summon a flaming pistol that disintegrates enemies

Grenades:

• Tripmine Grenade: Places a tripminde
  • Incendiary Grenade: Catches enemies on fire
  • Swarm Grenade: Release seeking drones

Jumps:

• High Jump: Double Jump with greater height
  • Strafe Jump: Better directional control while in air
  • Triple Jump: Upgrades Double Jump with a third Jump

Third Ability (O,O):

• Gambler's Dodge: Dodging near enemies generates melee energy
  • Marksman's Dodge: Automatically reload your equipped weapon when dodging

Way of the Outlaw Tree:

• Bombs for Bullseyes: Precision Hits generate Grenade Energy
  • Chain of Woe: Precision Kills increase weapon reload speed for you and nearby allies
  • Six-Shooter: Golden Gun can be fired quickly up to 6 times but has a shorter duration
  • Explosive Knife: Throw a knife at enemies that explodes shortly after impact when melee energy is full

Unnamed Tree:

• Line 'Em Up: Precision hits with Golden Gun increases its damage and extends its duration
  • Crowd Please: Precision Hits with Golden Gun generate Orbs of Light for your allies
  • Gunslinger's Trance: Enter a trance with each Precision kill, reducing the cool down of your Golden Gun
  • Knife Juggler: Throw a knife at enemies when melee energy is full. A precision kill with this ability immediately recharges it.

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

Here's the official Activision fact sheet.

Destiny 2

FACT SHEET

Product Description

Destiny 2 is a first-person action game and the evolution of its award winning, internationally acclaimed predecessor, Destiny. With a compelling, immersive story and fresh beginning awaiting all new, returning, casual, and competitive players, Destiny 2 will deliver an experience for new and existing players to discover.  

Cinematic Story with Relatable Characters

Humanity has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Lord Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee their home. Players will venture out into our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, they must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.

Four New Stunning Worlds to Explore with New Features

Destinations of Destiny 2

§  European Dead Zone – The largest destination yet featuring a lush forest, abandoned town, a cave system below the surface, and a Red Legion military base to explore and contest.

§  Titan – One of Saturn’s Moons where Commander Zavala is regrouping at the hands of Ghaul. There is no land on Titan. Instead, players explore a series of Golden Age platforms surrounded by a rolling ocean.

§  Nessus – a strange and unstable planetoid that has been fully consumed by the Vex where players will find Cayde-6 is caught up in his own adventures in a stunning landscape of sheer walls, lush canyons, and creepy Vex caverns.

§  Io – A moon of Jupiter, where Ikora Rey has gone in search of answers. Io is the last known site the Traveler visited during the Golden Age, it’s now occupied by our enemies.

All New Director

§  Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.

Adventures

§  Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.

Lost Sectors

§  Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.

Public Events

§  Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with up to nine other players.

Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive

Play Solo or with Friends

§  Story Campaign – Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.

Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences

§  Strikes – Three-player missions in Destiny 2.

§  The Raid – Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.

Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences

§  The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps

-          Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offense or Defense, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.

-          Midtown is an abandoned part of the City. When the Red Legion invaded, they completely ignored this sector of the City in their takeover. The Legion deemed Midtown was of no tactical importance. Lord Shaxx agrees, which is why it was chosen as a Crucible arena in the first place.

Clan Creation Feature

§  New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.

Guided Games

§  A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.

Destiny 2 is Coming to PC Through Battle.net

The PC version will feature:

§  4k Resolution Support (3820x2160)

§  Uncapped framerate

§  Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping

§  Text chat

§  Adjustable Field of View

§  Detailed PC settings screen

§  21:9 monitor support

PlayStation® Exclusive Content

At launch, PlayStation® gamers will get access to additional timed exclusive* content. More will be revealed throughout the summer.

On Display at the Destiny 2 Gameplay Premiere

The following content was available to play at the Gameplay Premiere:

§  Destiny 2’s beginning story mission ‘Homecoming’ where your Guardian responds to an emergency in the Last Safe City.

§  A Strike called ‘The Inverted Spire’ taking place on the planet, Nessus, where the enemy Cabal have awoken something deep beneath the surface.

§  New Competitive Mode:

o   Countdown: Plant a bomb at the enemy base, and defend it until it explodes.

§  New Competitive Map:

o   Midtown: The Last Safe City, Earth

§  The PC version of Destiny 2 was running on:

o   GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti (Courtesy of Nvidia)

o   CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2Ghz  (Courtesy of Intel)

o   16GB Ram/500GB SSD/Windows 10

o   Monitor: Predator XB1 27” 4K IPS with NVidia G-Sync [XB271HK] (Courtesy of Acer)

o   Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma (Courtesy of Razer)

o   Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite (Courtesy of Razer)

o   Headset: Razer Man O’War 7.1 (Courtesy of Razer)

Retail

Destiny 2: $59.99 SRP

Destiny 2 – Limited Edition: $99.99 SRP

Destiny 2 – Collector’s Edition: $249.99 SRP

Digital / ESD

Destiny 2:  $59.99 SRP

Destiny 2 – Game + Expansion Pass Bundle: $89.99 SRP

Destiny 2 – Digital Deluxe Edition: $99.99 SRP

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic about Destiny 2. Most of the stuff that looks cool has already been touched upon, so I'll list a few things that look concerning:

- The European Dead Zone is supposed to be the largest area in the game, quoted as being twice the size as Destiny 1's largest area. That still isn't very big, and every other world we visit will be smaller. I'm not asking for Witcher/Zelda levels of vastness, but I was hoping D2 not being shackled by consoles with 512 MB of RAM would've allowed for more size

- There still doesn't seem like there's much to do on Patrol. Adventures and Lost Sectors sound like great additions though.

- Unless I missed something, there's no confirmation on an in-game grimoire. If I have to go to bungie.net again just to read story beats and backstory, then fuck that. Mass Effect had a huge in-game codex of voiced entries 7 years before Destiny 1 launched, and 2 didn't go through the first game's development hell. There is zero excuse for offloading it again.

- Are there only 3 new subclasses? Captain America, Wonder Woman, and Poledancer all look awesome but I'm hoping it can be expanded to two subclasses per element (so 6 total per class)

- Only one new raid. I get that the Cabal are front and center for the main quest this time around, but starting with only one piece of unique end-game content again seems a little thin, especially when raiding is (for me) the best part of Destiny.

- The least important thing here, but the graphics aren't that impressive. Again, I expected more from not being hindered by last-gen console hardware.

#7 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

I don't believe there are shooters with this fidelity of graphics that have bigger worlds than this. Keep in mind that while on Patrol you can start a mission or strike so there's that to do in terms of a seamless activity in the world.

As much as I've played this game, I honestly have not read much of the Grimoire at all and I'm really not interested in it. I think if the story didn't suck so much in D1 then the Grimoire wouldn't have been much of a deal at all. I do agree with you though, if they're going to do it then it should be in-game.

I'm very happy with 3 sub-classes for each, and that is all in fact that there will be. I think it's any more than that and things start to get redundant in terms of abilities, not to mention that this is a great reason to play as the other 2 classes so you have a total of 9 sub-classes to play.

I'm very hyped for built-in clan support. Someone start designing the Ascendant Justice banner.

Crucified, his son, and I are switching to PS4. Who on here will NOT be on PS4?

#8 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

I haven't decided if I'll buy the game yet. Even so, I have no idea what platform I'll get it on. Better graphics/framerate and text chat are hard to pass up, but if all my friends are on PS4 I don't see why I'd leave everyone just for those luxury features.

#9 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

Kinetic nailed it. I am very, very cautious about this game and am on the fence about buying it. If I do, I will be going where ever the group is.

That said, scaling back the one group activity we could all mostly do (Crucible) to 4 people is a massive bummer.

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

As I thought, Grimoire is gone and all story is in-game now.

http://www.forbes.co...2/#84dcc583d520

#11 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

Awesome. It seemed like a no-brainer but I needed to see it to believe it. One of my biggest concerns now out the window.

Also nice to see they're doubling down on the scannable sections of the environment. That was one of my favorite parts of TTK's quest line, finding little statues or weird vats of goop that Ghost could tell you about.

Edited by Kinetic, 22 May 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Initially, I got triggered, but now that I've watched the footage, I like the changes a lot. The roaming concepts seem to have been in the interest of seeing strikers used _at all_ in PvE, but they've also done a ton to make Strikers something other than a pile of infuriatingly broken abilities that are anything but fun to fight against in PvP: lightning grenades need to prime (as opposed to D1, where they attach and instantly shoot out a massive cone of damage that is _wider_ than the visual cone that you can see... oh and being anywhere in that massive invisible cone leaves you one shot from death). Also, there's a way smaller radius for the Fist of Havoc ground pound now and it can't insta-kill other roaming supers.

#13 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:42 AM

Probably double-dipping (PS4 and PC)

#14 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Initially, I got triggered, but now that I've watched the footage, I like the changes a lot. The roaming concepts seem to have been in the interest of seeing strikers used _at all_ in PvE, but they've also done a ton to make Strikers something other than a pile of infuriatingly broken abilities that are anything but fun to fight against in PvP: lightning grenades need to prime (as opposed to D1, where they attach and instantly shoot out a massive cone of damage that is _wider_ than the visual cone that you can see... oh and being anywhere in that massive invisible cone leaves you one shot from death). Also, there's a way smaller radius for the Fist of Havoc ground pound now and it can't insta-kill other roaming supers.

Strikers were completely broken in PvP and almost useless in PvE, that juxtaposition was hilarious. They changes they're proposing look solid but I would've been okay with that subclasses being thrown out entirely. My biggest hope is for Bungie to find a way to make PvP weapon adjustments without diminishing them in PvE, which was a huge problem with every fucking patch they put out while I played, and apparently during the 2 years I didn't as well. Shotguns and fusion rifles not named Sleeper Simulant are shooting feathers in Destiny 1.

#15 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:58 AM

I mean, Patrol was just there for mat/ammo grinding anyway... The changes sound nice, but it's clear that the direction of the series is not toward open-ended exploration, but instead aimed at instance-based dungeons, etc. I haven't touched the series since raid #2 - have they worked on loot distribution at all since then? It was by far my biggest gripe with the game. I know they were doing some kind of bartering system for Exotics so that's definitely a step in the right direction. Now if only there were more than four locations and a single raid... Is that the full list, or are there more to be revealed?

It's too bad we can't have cross-platform profiles... My wife will definitely want to play on PC, but I figure everyone here will probably do PS4...

#16 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

- There still doesn't seem like there's much to do on Patrol. Adventures and Lost Sectors sound like great additions though.

Don't worry, there's way more to do. We'll see how long it takes folks to burn through the content, but compared to D1 there's definitely a lot more there.

#17 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Don't worry, there's way more to do. We'll see how long it takes folks to burn through the content, but compared to D1 there's definitely a lot more there.

Are you able to comment on raids/strikes at all? They were by far my favorite part about the originals but I always felt there were too few...

#18 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

They used the verbiage 'Raid' (singular) throughout the announcement, but there are also 2 confirmed DLC's. If the Osiris DLC has a Raid, I will shed tears of nerd joy.

#19 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:58 PM

Alright, so what platforms are you guys getting this on?

Can't wait for all multiplayer to be unified so we don't have to go through this shit every goddamn time.

Console betas* in July, PC in August.

*demos 

Edited by Drew, 12 June 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#20 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

I think everyone is now on PS4, Crucified and I were the last ones left on xbox and we're switching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq