Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hopefully it's that.

#82 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

I received confirmation multiple times on twitter, and there are confirmations on gaf, that all the PC maps are now in. The 6 PC maps from Halo PC and the 2 from Halo 2 Vista. That's sick!

#83 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I still can't believe this is actually happening

#84 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

Right. It's pretty absurd to go through 10+ years of rumors and then for them to all of a sudden to become true at once.

What the hell happened?

Edited by phreak, 10 June 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#85 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

I received confirmation multiple times on twitter, and there are confirmations on gaf, that all the PC maps are now in. The 6 PC maps from Halo PC and the 2 from Halo 2 Vista. That's sick!

I am a very happy bunny. :)
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#86 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

I've never played the PC maps. Excite.

#87 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Study up bitches:

Basic Essentials

Advanced Essentials

#88 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

I've never played the PC maps. Excite.

They're pretty neat.

I really hope there will be more hoppers available at launch, especially ones that focus just on one game, i.e., a CTF hopper with just Halo 1 maps.

#89 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Ok so how does the backpack reload work again; reload, reload, switch weapon?

#90 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Did they say anything about button combos remaining untouched? Frankie doesn't seem to be the biggest fan of them...

#91 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

They're all in there. They'll have the final patch of each applicable game, so Halo 2 1.4 I think and whatever if was for Halo 3, but no additional patches beyond that.

#92 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

That's good news! I can't believe that 343 is actually getting something right for once.

Maybe there's hope for Halo 5 after all...?

Edited by Drew, 12 June 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#93 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

I'm curious about this pseudo-Halo 2 mode in the Halo 4 engine -- not because I'm interested in playing it, but because of its inclusion. My theory is that Halo 2 Anniversary originally started out as a product very similar to Halo 1 Anniversary: a remastered campaign and a multiplayer mod in the most recent Halo game along with six map remakes. We already know the MCC includes these things for Halo 2, and when you split it up and start comparing the different parts of it, H1A and H2A start looking very similar.

Halo 1 Anniversary

Campaign Remaster with online co-op

Halo Reach multiplayer mod with a map pack of six remakes

Halo 2 Anniversary

Campaign Remaster with online co-op

Halo 4 multiplayer mod with a map pack of six remakes

If the plan all along was to do Halo 2's original multiplayer, then why bother doing this additional mode that just complicates the entire product? If you asked all the people who would potentially buy a Halo 2 Anniversary whether they'd prefer Halo 2's original multiplayer or a pseudo-Halo 2 Halo 4 mod, how many of them would prefer the pseudo-Halo 2? Probably nowhere near enough to justify the time and resources to create such a thing. So, why is it in there? My guess is 343 saw how quickly the Halo 4 playerbase evaporated, got scared of the potential failure that a Halo 4 map pack would be, and decided to do the original multiplayer instead, but only after production had already began on the pseudo-Halo 2 and its maps. Perhaps they were so scared and so desperate to get old Halo fans back (and so desperate to sell Xbons), that they decided to do a Halo Classic collection that included Halo 1, 2, and 3. Then someone else said, "Hey, if we're going to do all that, why not also include Halo 4 to have m cheif's entire story lead into Halo 5 for the following year." Then, some beautiful genius had the beautiful, genius thought to redo Halo 1 Anniversary with original online multiplayer.

Maybe I'm seeing things, but the pseudo-Halo 2 seems out of place, and my crazy theories make sense in my head. But what do I know.

#94 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

The idea that the "journey continues in 2015" was about the Master Chief Collection has to be BS, the only thing that makes sense to me is that the collection was put together in an effort to make up for Halo 5 missing this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 2 Anniversary was originally gonna be a 360 game similar to H1A and Fable Anniversary, packed with Halo 4 multiplayer. I'm so glad that we're getting the collection though, I'm probably more excited about it than Halo 5 at this point.

#95 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

You might be on to something, Blaze. The remastered maps do seem rather out of place... I'm particularly confused about how they're going to work in online hoppers, because from what I saw, there was no indication of H2A as separate game in the UI - are they going to be rolled into the Halo 2 playlists? I suppose, if the gameplay is identical, this wouldn't be a problem... They'll just seem a little out of place.

#96 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Blaze's idea makes plenty of sense to me.

I can only think that the low interest in Halo 4 and the Xbox One was the perfect storm that made this possible. On the other hand, there were those Steam listings from last year, so it seems like they've been working on something similar (porting) for some time.

Huh, so Halo 4 was a good thing.

#97 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

Maybe it's to allow us to be able to play Halo 4 without the broken armor abilities, and load outs to make it more similar with the rest of the three games included? That would be pretty awesome to see especially if we were to jump into a Team Slayer playlist and a Halo 4 map comes up, perhaps then most folks won't be as negative over the game because we would finally be able to see the game how we wanted, and how it should have been, in the first place.

#98 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

I have a feeling that Halo 4 will still incorporate loadouts and AA...

#99 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Maybe it's to allow us to be able to play Halo 4 without the broken armor abilities, and load outs to make it more similar with the rest of the three games included? That would be pretty awesome to see especially if we were to jump into a Team Slayer playlist and a Halo 4 map comes up, perhaps then most folks won't be as negative over the game because we would finally be able to see the game how we wanted, and how it should have been, in the first place.

Halo 2 mechanics and a faster base player speed aren't going to work with Halo 4's giant maps that were built for sprint. Why would you even want to play on Adrift or Complex when you can play on Lockout or Midship?

Also, these cross-game playlists seem like a good idea at a superficial level, but when you're playing different games match to match, I imagine it will be incredibly disorienting having to adjust to different control schemes, movements speeds, aiming mechanics, etc. Even though some of those differences will be slight, it'll be enough to misjudge jumps and mistime shots.

#100 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 373 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

This is a pretty cool announcement that actually makes me have any interest in picking up an Xbone. It'd be great playing the good halo games again updated, but still original engine and with dedicated servers.

Also, these cross-game playlists seem like a good idea at a superficial level, but when you're playing different games match to match, I imagine it will be incredibly disorienting having to adjust to different control schemes, movements speeds, aiming mechanics, etc. Even though some of those differences will be slight, it'll be enough to misjudge jumps and mistime shots.

I can't see this being too big of an issue with a universal control system and just some time getting used to the gameplay again. Granted holy shit that throwing distance though man. I'm sure almost immediately they'll put out the game specific playlists .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq