Photo

Reach non-campaign leaks

Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

This thread is for the discussion of any leaked information in Reach that does not relate to the campaign. Adhere to the following guidelines: No campaign spoilers, even spoiler tagged. No discussion or links on how to acquire the leaked game. Anything multiplayer related that ties into the campaign, such as maps, must be spoiler tagged. Everything else is fair game. If you think something does not adhere to these guidelines, send me a PM or IM (Niterider04Xbox via AIM) with the information in question. Bare in mind that we'll be moderating leaked threads heavily.
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

Did you at least save the mirrors that I made of the multiplayer/FF stuff?

#3 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

The multiplayer map count seems rather so if you excluded Forge World variants (although to be honest those variants seems really well made and having them on disk is actually pretty good). I was hoping for at least one more BTB map - Countdown and Boardwalk don't fit the bill. I wonder how the Invasion maps play outside of Invasion. Spire and Boneyard seem rather ill-fitting for traditional BTB. The Countdown map looks really awkward. Not sure I'll like it - it seems to be a few interconnected corridors fit around a very tight and enclosed space.

#4 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

The Countdown map looks really awkward. Not sure I'll like it - it seems to be a few interconnected corridors fit around a very tight and enclosed space.

Was thinking the same thing. Looks strange with the shuttle just sitting there. Do you think you can walk up the catwalk to the shuttle for a sniper perch? In the video it looks like you couldn't even go that high. Just like a middle section with tons of back hallways. Do not want.

#5 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

Was thinking the same thing. Looks strange with the shuttle just sitting there. Do you think you can walk up the catwalk to the shuttle for a sniper perch? In the video it looks like you couldn't even go that high. Just like a middle section with tons of back hallways. Do not want.

There seemed to be a very low kill space just above the play area so I doubt you'll be able to get up to to the higher catwalks/Campaign walkways. The low ceiling really makes the smaller play space feel even more cramped.

#6 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Boneyard
Spire
Powerhouse
SwordBase
Reflection
Countdown
Boardwalkk
Zealot
Forge World
--> Grifball
--> Sanctum
--> Pinnacle
--> Hemorage
--> Paradiso
--> The Cage

I'm looking for the video mirrors. Until then the screenshots of Glacier. Map looks gorgeous.

Glacier
FF Lobby

Thanks guys for helping me with the links. Mirrored the YouTube footage for direct download:

http://www.mediafire...piiczjyzgimcyg5
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XSRZGI6L

Edited by Drew, 20 August 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#7 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

You know for a while there I didn't like the artwork as the background for the game lobbies, but it has really grown on me and I'm liking them a lot more now.

#8 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

You know for a while there I didn't like the artwork as the background for the game lobbies, but it has really grown on me and I'm liking them a lot more now.

The title screen one in particular looks awesome. Also a nice touch how it's "layered" and moves around.

I loved it in the beta, and some of the new lobbies and menus are only making me love it more. For example, the Forge lobby:

Posted Image

#9 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

The Forge lobby is the best one. I love it.

Also, I knew Boardwalk looked familiar. It's the one from this GameStop commercial.

#10 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

That forge lobby pic is just gorgeous.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Also, I knew Boardwalk looked familiar. It's the one from this GameStop commercial.

Yeah. I'm surprised they let Gamestop effectively reveal that map. You would've thought they would be saving it for PAX or something.

That forge lobby pic is just gorgeous.

Indeed. I found it by chance on 4chan. A real shame that none of the other art, sans the Beta main menu, has been made available. It's all really fantastic stuff.

#12 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

Do we have full pics yet of all the lobbies and shit from the leak. If there's anything I would totally watch completely it's the menus. I'd love to see a video of customizing your Spartan and all the different lobbies etc.

#13 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Do we have full pics yet of all the lobbies and shit from the leak. If there's anything I would totally watch completely it's the menus. I'd love to see a video of customizing your Spartan and all the different lobbies etc.

Nothing yet. Leaks so far are the full map lists for all modes (Campaign, Firefight, Multiplayer), a video of the intro cutscene, that video with the obnoxious music, and those two screenshots.

Apparently several sites now have the .xex and are actively working on cracking it. I'm willing to bet that in a few days everything is going to be revealed to us.

Here's the Boardwalk, Countdown, and Glacier video on YouTube, for Blaze.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Edited by Drew, 21 August 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#14 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

New video, shows some menus with normal in-game music (FINALLY, AND IT'S AMAZING) along with a stupid-short look at Countdown.

Another video from the retard who leaked the very first video, this time with even worse quality. Shows Forge World, some Boardwalk, and a bunch of gameplay on Holdout.

#15 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

Tons of footage of Spire. Off-screen, but HD, and good quality.

HD video of the complete armory and some menu music.

HD video from the same guy as above. A little armory, and the start of the first cutscene at the end (it's obvious when he's going to show it so you can exit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jo5dd_qsE

Edit:

Now Gamble and Blaze can argue about who's connection sucks with even more accuracy now.

Posted Image

Edited by Drew, 22 August 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#16 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

Now Gamble and Blaze can argue about who's connection sucks with even more accuracy now.

That is a pretty cool feature. Kudos Bungie.

#17 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

Zealot in theater mode, shows Spartan evade and what the armor effects look like. Also a short bit in the space part of the map.

#18 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Saw a pretty detailed Countdown runthrough on a stream. It's a symmetrical map, small, with three levels that I saw, with what looked like a fourth above it, but it was hard to tell. Looks pretty decent, actually.

#19 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

This is the best video for looking at all the menu options, and everything. No campaign spoilers. Direct feed, 720p.

Here.

Microsoft is currently deleting videos (apparently) and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't last long.

#20 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

Hmm, most of the above videos have been taken down. Does anyone have any more links? I'm really interesting in seeing some more cool Reach stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq