Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

So, what's everyone going to be rocking at launch? Also this is the thread for all future armory stuff. If anything new gets revealed, drop it in here for all to see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Personally, I'll be sporting the HazOp w/ breathing apparatus, CQB chest piece, fifth shoulder option for both shoulders, first wrist option, second thigh, blue tint visor with the third knee-guards. Jorge for Firefight voice because of dat accent.

As far as the visual flair goes, hopefully the one that just says "Halo"(by playing all the previous games online). Update: As long as you have played Halo 2 online at least once with your current Gamertag, you're set for the emblem. Playing on the last day is NOT required.

Posted Image

Edited by Drew, 20 August 2010 - 07:32 PM.

#2 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Honestly man, the standard Mark V b stuff looks awesome to me. I'll probably do some different shoulders, but overall I like the look. I'm really curious what other stuff in there that we don't know about. In terms of the nameplate emblem, I should be able to rock the Halo for having played all the previous games online including Halo PC.

#3 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

Honestly man, the standard Mark V b stuff looks awesome to me. I'll probably do some different shoulders, but overall I like the look. I'm really curious what other stuff in there that we don't know about.

In terms of the nameplate emblem, I should be able to rock the Halo for having played all the previous games online including Halo PC.

urk confirmed that as long as you have a Halo 2 game on your gamertag, you're set. Not required to play on the last day, thankfully. As such, I'll be wearing that one too.

As far as armor, who knows how long you'll have to wait to unlock Mark V? Seeing as it isn't in the default armory, I imagine that it might take a while. What do you plan on wearing up until then?

#4 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I'd just wear whatever I have that looks good at the time. That's more of a decision I'd make when I get the game and I'm tinkering with all the settings. None of the armor variants shown really stand out and make me say "omg I gotta wear this."
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#5 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

I'd just wear whatever I have that looks good at the time. That's more of a decision I'd make when I get the game and I'm tinkering with all the settings. None of the armor variants shown really stand out and make me say "omg I gotta wear this."

I agree, for the most part. HazOp is the only one that really pokes out at me from the ones that have been shown.

But when you think about it, that's just what's there at the start, I can't imagine how much stuff that's going to be unlockable or added in later. It's crazy to think about.

#6 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

ODST helmet or Jorge's helmet. I can't quite decide yet. Big bulky shoulders.

#7 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

ODST helmet or Jorge's helmet. I can't quite decide yet. Big bulky shoulders.

Beware the beak.

#8 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Beware the beak.

Dat beak.

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

My Spartan's going nekkers save for a codpiece with a heart on it.

#10 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

Lame, I don't see my bird beak (Scout in Halo 3).
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#11 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:53 PM

Default.

#12 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

Which is the helmet that Carter wears? Sometimes I think it's the Hazop one in the list Bungie put out, but then it looks slightly different to me.

#13 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Helmet: MK V
Visor: Blue or Gold
Shoulder: Sniper
Chest: CQB (i.e. something with a knife)
Effect: Grunt Birthday Party (eventually)
Voice: Carter

Also, great success:
Posted Image

#14 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

Someone please clear this up for me if you happen to know. If you're using an armor effect is it always on even in multiplayer? That may get distracting and very annoying if everyone is running around with flames on their head, grunt birthday party, and the constant lightning bolts going across their body. Hopefully it will at least turn-off in matchmaking but when I think about it the flaming head didn't turn off in matchmaking in H3 so I don't know why any armor effects would.

#15 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

When I first think about it, it comes across as really annoying and distracting. But upon further thought, it should make them more obvious targets, right? So hey, if they want to make themselves more visible, they can be my guest.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#16 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

The prices are high enough that Bungie's not worried about them becoming the new Hayabusa/Recon --- time will tell, I guess. If we get customs going relatively frequently, it doesn't matter what the rest of the plebeians are doing anyways.

#17 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:23 PM

The prices are high enough that Bungie's not worried about them becoming the new Hayabusa/Recon --- time will tell, I guess. If we get customs going relatively frequently, it doesn't matter what the rest of the plebeians are doing anyways.

Ok, that does make me feel better. I mean I don't mind effects like Grunt Birthday Party and Hearts that show up when you die, although it is kind of distracting, but it's very good that Pestilence and the lightning are millions of points. I saw what the lightning looks like in a leaked video and it looks annoying.

Speaking of which, where are: Hayabusa, Scout (beak), the old school Security, and the Rogue helmets? I think the H3 Security helmet looks better so I hope it's in there. Also, although Hayabusa was annoying because all the kids used it the shoulder pads and chest were very popular among the general population so it doesn't make sense that they would leave it out. Rogue seems simple enough for them to have it too so I don't get why they would leave out any of these.

I wonder what Bungie's exclusive helmet or other items will be this time?

#18 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:25 AM

Haunted Pilot, Pestilence, Cortana voice, Marathon icon.

#19 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Can you unlock the nameplates ahead of the games launch? If so, how?
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#20 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

http://www.bungie.ne...y...s&cid=28173

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq