• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

http://www.halodesti...dmore=1208#skip

Here's a story you will not find anywhere else yet, and moreover, an exclusive French, see International ! As the title tells you, here is the name of the next map pack for Halo Reach the Defiant Map Pack ! Again thank you to our ninjas for this extraordinary action, and rather quickly. But now, talking more in detail about this new map pack. Before you disclose everything, I wish to inform you that it is possible that this pack is not made available to the public , for the simple reason that it is also a test for another map pack . Be careful again, but rest assured, you can certainly put your feet on the land.

Let's start with the contents of this pack, which includes 2 multiplayer maps , and little novelty in the DLC card Firefight ! Bearing sweet names Sentenced and Highlands , the map shows it is called FF Unearthed , here also, an overview of recent, at least the icon of the cards you will see appear in your list in local content, in the order listed:

This is typed card BTB, but how to Storm, playable 4 against 4 very easily. This pack will weigh 450MO, and certainly available (if appropriate) for 800 Micosoft Point:

- Unearthed : As a card for the baptism of fire, will be easily playable at 4 against an army of Covenant , and it seems even more open than can be map On the Beach.
- Condemned : It is situated in space, and seems to be human in the frigate destroyed during the mission "A long night of comfort", namely the Savannah . Playable 4 against 4 as it will accommodate the best 12 players .
- High-lands : Map apocalyptic situation, because during your battles, a croisseur Covenant will be happy to lead the rest through its firing to vitrify Reach, as you can see in the pictures below. This card could be adapted to be used as qu'Invasion, and all other game modes, and can accommodate from 8 to 16 players . This card draws much of the essence of Halo: CE .

And for your enjoyment, here are some pictures of these same cards, at least, more particularly from Terre Haute . We are sorry the quality of these images, we have not yet at our disposal a HD capture card , so we had to content ourselves with our poor cameras, waiting again for new ways to buy a digital SLR (joke).

Condemned:
Posted Image

Unearthed:
Posted Image

Training Preserve:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

mite b cool

Edited by Drew, 09 February 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#2 aander91

aander91
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Honestly, none of the visuals here grab me much yet. Training Preserve looks the most promising artistically, which honestly, is what I want, no, need to get back into Reach. The gameplay is just unappealing to me, but it would be awesome to forge on a map that isn't blue/green.

On a gameplay note, all these maps look huge, with the exception of condemned. This bugs me because ALL THE MAPS IN REACH ARE HUGE. Needs more Longest, or at least more obstructions a la Turf.
I rate this post/Drew.

XBL: aander91

#3 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Well, one of them is a Firefight map. Even BLOPS' model of four multiplayer maps, one off-shoot mode map for $15 is more reasonable than $10 (and we all know it will be $10) for a whopping two multiplayer maps and one off-shoot mode map. What a joke.

#4 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Don't buy it then.

#5 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

Don't buy it then.

I won't.

#6 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

I won't.

Posted Image

#7 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,034 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Short video:

Saved it, will mirror it when it goes down.

Longer video:

Edited by Drew, 09 February 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#9 aander91

aander91
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Bungie kinda needs to slow down with the reduced gravity.
I rate this post/Drew.

XBL: aander91

#10 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Condemned got me excited for a proper Damnation remake. Damn. Pretty cool to see post-glass Reach though.

Edited by Kinetic, 10 February 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Condemned got me excited for a proper Damnation remake. Damn.

Pretty cool to see post-glass Reach though.

Something they could do to really add value to these packs would be tossing in quick remakes of classics. Even just a texture swap would be fine with me, as we all know what happens when Bungie "remakes" older maps.

#12 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,950 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

Another video, this time in much better quality. Maps look good, but what was the 343 guy thinking when he took this?

http://www.youtube.c...NWsAnul6U#at=14

Not my problem, I guess.

#13 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:02 PM

"The 343 guy," lol.

#14 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,034 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:00 AM

I hope a lot of people have red post-its along the bottom of their left monitor...

#15 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:13 AM

So...since these are being made by 343, we can blame Coco/Voc if they suck, right?

Edited by deftech, 14 February 2011 - 07:14 AM.

#16 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

So...since these are being made by 343, we can blame Coco/Voc if they suck, right?

Certain Affinity made them for 343. The blame must wait a while.

#17 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:57 PM

I already blame them and complain to them anytime something sucks. lol.

#18 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

ViDoc about the new map pack:

#19 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

Sweet. This makes the maps look a lot better than the leaks made them out to be. Really don't feel like paying for another firefight map though, and I'm not sure what it is but I haven't really enjoyed the maps in Reach like I did (at least a few) in ODST. Saw Voc 10:04. lol

Looking forward to this map the most.

Edited by DualX, 08 March 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#20 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

Some screenshots of the juicy bits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic