• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#21 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

PlayStation 3 to Require HDD for Games

Totally what Microsoft should've done with the 360. Also, my Mum wants a PS3, which means I don't have to pay for it, mwuhahaha.

#22 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

November 11th... That's typcially a big time for Microsoft. I wonder what they plan on doing.

FFXII Opening short

There's just waaay too much Star Wars in that short.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#23 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

^^^lol I was just waiting for Amidala to give the glowing orb to Boss Nass. Final Fantasy is so weird, yet still very good.

#24 Guest_Niterider04_*

Guest_Niterider04_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:38 AM

You know what? Airships with blue rings and guns. Ground fighters still use swords and bows. That's just ridiculous. To be honest, I'm really tired with the half-medieval, half futuristic technology setting. Now in FFX, they mixture was integrated really well with the story. But that setting is just retarded. Although I will admit, the death scene was touching, and the fighting was as intense as ever.

#25 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:49 AM

I think it's cool, because most games are either medieval or futuristic Sci-Fi. So, at least they try and mix it up a little. I like the look of this one a lot more than FFX (look at Tidus's overalls, lol), but I still like the art and look of FFVII the best (special mention goes to FF IV and FF VI). Final Fantasy has pretty much always tried to blend the whole magic/tech things together, so they're probably not going to stop any time soon. Perhaps a mod should make a FF XII topic and move some of these posts there.

#26 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

At the PlayStation Business Briefing 2006 held today in Tokyo, Ken Kutaragi explained that the PS3 concept is "4D"

Kutaragi said that games have jumped from 2D to 3D and now with the PlayStation 3 games will be "live".

For some people, the fourth dimension is time. For others, the 4th dimension is a hypothetical universe with a spatial fourth dimension.

For Kutaragi, 4D is the new term to hype its PlayStation Network Platform

How wonderfully confusing.
don't tread on me

#27 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:51 AM

Van, if I ever need a pick-up of self esteem for my artwork, I'll go right to you. ;) And 4D is just hype as far as I'm concerned. We're talking on a visual basis, so, Mr. Kutaragi, show me these visuals.
I got your back, Dual.

#28 Guest_Niterider04_*

Guest_Niterider04_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:10 PM

Actually, you can mathematically go into whatever dimension you wish, 4th, 5th, 18th, whatever. Problem is, reality is limited to 3 dimensions.

#29 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

The idea of a 4th dimension is something I immediately relate to perspective. If we're talking about 4 vanishing points, that means that everything is used as a fish-eye lens. Games use 4 point perspective. So Ken is, until he shows us, just making hype. And I wasn't awear of this, but aparently the PSP already has a headset you can use to talk over SOCOM. I thought Nintendo was going to do that first.
I got your back, Dual.

#30 h00ters11

h00ters11

balls outrageous

• 590 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:12 PM

The PSP headset is tight, but it's not like you'd wear it in public...so why have the PSP? Haha and I read today that Merill Lynch said the PS3's were costing 800 to manufacture.
don't tread on me

#31 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

PS3 will have hard drive as standard

Our Sony representative has confirmed this morning that PlayStation 3 will come with a 60GB HDD as standard, but that can be upgraded if preferred.

Some of the larger US websites have been speculating that PlayStation 3 would be shipping with an optional 60GB hard disc drive. However we can confirm this morning that all PS3 consoles will be sold with the HDD out of the box. Sony's president of Computer Entertainment, Ken Kutaragi, announced on Wednesday that all PS3 games are being developed to take advantage of the 60GB HDD.

Another essential use for the HDD will be Sony's online service, which will offer downloads in a similar way to Microsoft's Xbox Live platform. Clearly now it is Sony's intention to standardise the PlayStation 3 community, so that all developers know that everybody who owns PS3 will benefit from HDD-related features in-game. Bizarrely this used to be Microsoft's standpoint with its original Xbox, but the Redmond corporation has since taken an about turn with Xbox 360.

Source

#32 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

Nice! Thanks for that Gamble, I didn't want to spend tonnes of money on a hard drive aswell as the PS3. That must mean that Limux comes as standard aswell which is rather cool. I wonder what kind of distro they'll be using, could mean we can use Firefox, messaging clients and even homebrew... Man, the PS3 must be costing Sony huge amounts of money.

#33 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:23 AM

Sony using something similar to the DS touch screen as a computer interface.

Link

Innovative, confusing, but still somewhat unoriginal.
I got your back, Dual.

#34 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:44 PM

I dunno, they weren't really focusing on the touch screen really. It would still be totally inpractical though. Imagine trying to remember where you put all those different slides and if you lost the 'email' slide, would you ever be able to check your messages ever again? Does look quite cool though, I just don't see the benefits outweighing the negatives of working on such small screens.

#35 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:46 PM

UHYVE, I get the feeling you're a PS3 fanboy. Is it time for you to come out the closet?

#36 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:22 AM

I dunno, I'd say that I'm more anti-Nintendo than PS3 fanboy. For some reason, I have this irrational hatred towards all things Nintendo.

#37 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:49 AM

I hate Nintendo fans, I'll admit. I need to take pictures of them at my school to show you exactly what I'm talking about.
I got your back, Dual.

#38 Guest_Niterider04_*

Guest_Niterider04_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:34 PM

No need, they're really easy to pick out. 300 lbs, think glasses, no girlfriends, think they're always right, and way too much gel for normal occasions.

#39 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Of course, the screaming "Ahhahahikilledurpikachumyliverrr!!!" also gives them away.
I got your back, Dual.

#40 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

Anyone seen this picture yet?
Posted Image

It looks just like the PSP GUI to me, I was hoping for something different really. This page describes what each of the icons do, although, I think that the last Icon is external devices but whatever.

PS There still seems to be some question on the internet whether the PS3 wil include a hard drive with all PS3s. I hope they do. I don't see the point of a PS3 without a hard drive, especially if you need one to play games. I mean, what else can you do, except possibly browse the internet and stream media from a PC.... suppose you could probably play PS1 and 2 games but if you want to do that, you could just get one of those consoles and save yourself a crap load of money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq