• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:12 PM

Interview with some of the people behind it...

Honestly, I haven't read it yet, and I'm not sure what I think of this... I'm not really a graphic novel kind of guy, but I am a Halo wh0re, so we shall see...

Posted Image

#2 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:23 PM

Interview with some of the people behind it...

Honestly, I haven't read it yet, and I'm not sure what I think of this... I'm not really a graphic novel kind of guy, but I am a Halo wh0re, so we shall see...

Posted Image

I haven't read it yet either, because it's not out yet. Sometime next month. If you go to Bungie.net they had a big article about it last month or the month before with some pics and everything. I think it will be very neat, the stories look awesome, for example one of the stories is how Srg. Johnson survives the originla ring blast at the end of Halo CE.

#3 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:00 AM

So, there's a preview of the graphic novel out now. Don't know if it's legal to share but whatever.

http://rapidshare.de...m-DCP_.cbr.html

Either rename the file into RAR, or open it with a comic viewer such as CDisplay.

#4 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

I just got my copy of the HGC. I just got home and am getting ready to read the stories. I immediately flipped to the back of the book for the gallery of art pieces that didn't make it into the book and this alone is worth the $25. The most amazing and cool halo universe art i've ever seen, and an incredible variety of different moments. Some of this stuff I want blown-up and framed. I'll dive into the stories and let you guys know what I think.

#5 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

Is all of Craig Mullins work in there?
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#6 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:10 AM

Some of it was cool, other parts were lame and convuluted. 'The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor,' felt like a rehashing of stuff that happened in Halo 2, even though it was set before. The SpecOps Commander goes on a mission against the Flood. Yay! It happens twice in the video game, did we really need to see it again? I won't say what I didn't like about the 'Armor Testing' story, but let's just say that it happened at the ending. The best story was 'Breaking Quarantine,' and I give them props for finally confirming the location of the Ark in 'Sunrise...' A lot of times the action was all over the place and the dialogue was horrible, particularly in some parts of 'The Voyage...' The gallery in the back was the best part of the entire book... I'll have a full write up on this at H3DA early next week, including the Halo 3 pertinent information...which, there is oddly a sufficient amount.

#7 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

Is all of Craig Mullins work in there?

I saw one shot in the gallery and it's sweet. I'll scan it when I have some free time tonight...

Edit:

Posted Image

#8 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:42 PM

Very kind of you. Thanks. ;)
I got your back, Dual.

#9 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

Posted Image

#10 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:23 AM

voc and I were talking about some neat things in that pic. Notice one of the SMGs has a silencer, there's also the bomb from assault right underneath MC, and the longsword behind the pelican in the background.

#11 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:42 AM

And everyone's favorite weapon, the trusty M6D. D in this case stands for Domination, as it is clearly the most necessary weapon in that picture. Master Chief just can't imagine heading into Halo 3 without it... Look how pussy the M6C looks in comparison. C in this case stands for cocksucker. As in "Bungie, you cocksuckers, please give me back my pistol" Master Chief is certainly glowering behind that visor. And he is without a doubt: 1) A member of the RED team 2) Of African American descent, a "brother" much like myself (eh voc?)

#12 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:21 PM

Man, I played through a few missions of the original last night and you're right, the M6D, the H1 version of the M90, and the Assault Rifle need to return. They were all great weapons and they brought back fond memories I forget every time I jump into Halo 2. Even the Rocket Launcher feels more powerful in H1 for some reason.

Comic-Con 2007: Halo Ongoing Series in 2007
Bungie continues the saga with Marvel Comics.
by Hilary Goldstein

July 21, 2006 - At the Halo Graphic Novel panel held Friday during the San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel and Bungie announced a Halo ongoing monthly comic book. Launching in summer 2007, almost nothing is known about the content, direction or even stars of the series. The creative team also remains a mystery for now (as does the full title), but Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada assured that when the writer and artist are announced, we'd be "blown away."

The book is likely to begin after the release of Halo 3. Though Bungie has not confirmed a release date for the final game in the trilogy, it would seem that an ongoing monthly would be the perfect way to continue the franchise going forward.

Posted Image

Little can be assumed about the storyline for the comic. There is not even a guarantee it will feature Master Chief. It could also take place earlier in the Halo timeline or even far later than the final chapter of the game. One thing Bungie Content Director Frank O'Connor said, stuck with us after the announcement. During the panel, O'Connor mentioned that Spartan II's are never declared dead, but always listed as MIA. And that, yes, at some point, the idea of other Spartan's in the Halo Universe aside from Master Chief will, indeed, be addressed. Could the comic book factor into this?

Quesada said that Marvel was pleased with the partnership. He noted that "a lot of kids got into comics because of a licensed book in the '80s - G.I. Joe." Quesada felt the Halo ongoing would be "a gateway book."

Leinil Yu provided the artwork that accompanied the announcement.

#13 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

Ivan, tell us how you really feel... I'm not certain I'll buy the comics or any Splinter Cell novel...but I will buy the Halo novels if they're the same quality as Eric Nylund's previous two. For those who witnessed my discussion with Ivan about the HGN the other night on Xbox Live, I forgot to mention the most egregious flaw in the story 'The Last Voyage of the Inifinite Suxxor.' There are non-sentient Flood. Isn't the whole reason of the Halo installations to wipe out sentient life and allow non-sentient life (which can't be infected by the Flood) to evolve, later on down the road, as sentient life? Am I wrong or did I miss something? So yeah, there are Flood animals in the story. They look creepy, but they're not canonical anymore, are they? Any apologists? At any rate, I have a write up on the Halo 3 pertinent information on H3DA and it has MY FIRST AUDIO INTRO! Yay! I figure I'll preview my posts (in the future I'll be more in-depth than I am now), that way it'll allow readers to know what the contents will be and scan through my article to find any information they're interested in reading. Let me know what you think of the SEKZEE VOIZ!!!!111eleven1

#14 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

Brian & Frankie comic con interview. It starts at 23:25, and at 33:04 is Lego building halo fan. At 9:38 is some Double Agent MP footage.

#15 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

That DA section was spectacular. That portion of the raw footage Dual provided which we thought was a replay ability is actually the death cam. You can see the line of shot from the last round or grenade that took you out. That rendered rover looking robot projector is nothing more than a projector for the beginning of the match that details your mission. I thought there was more to it than that. Spy items are Health Needles, Scrambler (I could guess what this does) Smoke and Flash Grenades. Those guys sucked. So Bad. EDIT: Why is Franky constantly biting his lip and acting so protective? Not to say that's the way he spoke, and I know it's his job to be quiet, but he looked nervous throughout that entire vid.
I got your back, Dual.

#16 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:09 AM

If they would turn this into a Digital Graphic Novel like they did with Metal Gear Solid then I might actually get it. MGS DGN fucking owns.

#17 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

Why is Franky constantly biting his lip and acting so protective? Not to say that's the way he spoke, and I know it's his job to be quiet, but he looked nervous throughout that entire vid.

That's a perfect setup for a cuse rant about how frankie's such a moron.

#18 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image
Excuse me--- I was told that--- Halo 2 would be good--- Frankie drew stupid pictures instead of showing concrete evidence like screenshots and videos --- I'm going to set the building on fire.

#19 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:22 PM

You know where Frankie used to work before he was M$'s bitch? He worked at the best website to ever go under: DailyRadar.com. It was badass. But he didn't make it badass. A writer named Dan Egger made it sweet. Frankie was like the manager. The crappy manager that no one really likes. And now, Daily Radar is gone... Draw your own conclusions.

#20 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

Brian & Frankie comic con interview. It starts at 23:25, and at 33:04 is Lego building halo fan. At 9:38 is some Double Agent MP footage.

This is kinda off topic but I only just watched that video and near the end, when they're interviewing the creators of Lumines, does it sound like they're planning a new Rez game? If so... :bunny:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq