Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

Apparently some guy on the mlg.com forums found out how to double melee... B RB R B

http://useruploads.m...doublemelee.wmv

I am a glitch-guy so this gives me more advantages to pwn you guys.. jk

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

Words can't describe how much I hate the MLG. Twenty bucks this asshole was standing there with the sole purpose of finding a way to exploit the game. Though it is a bittersweet moment, seeing as they can now fix it for the final game.

Edited by Drew, 15 May 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#3 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

Well atleast they found this out durring the beta. Leaves plenty of time for a fix.

#4 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

lol Nice. 4-buttons to pull off a double whack whats next, 7 buttons to pull off a BXR

#5 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

Can a moderator please delete this? I don't want any glitches ruining my gameplay experience. Edit: On second thought, maybe it is good that this gets around so Bungie knows about it and can fix it.

Edited by jesusphreak, 15 May 2007 - 03:45 PM.

#6 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

Can a moderator please delete this?

I don't want any glitches ruining my gameplay experience.

Quit whining... Bungie will have this fixed by release time anyways...

EDIT: And it doesn't ruin the experience, it enhances it. ( Ask the 'Cuse )

Edited by Sub Xero, 15 May 2007 - 03:46 PM.

#7 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

Quit whining... Bungie will have this fixed by release time anyways...

EDIT: And it doesn't ruin the experience, it enhances it. ( Ask the 'Cuse )

No glitches do not enhance the experience. I still think it is bullshit when someone super umps to the top of the base on Zanzibar with a sniper.

And yeah, 'Cuse is a cool guy and I agree with him about Halo 2 about most things, but I don't agree about glitches if he likes them.

#8 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

Don't delete a topic about a glitch... This is what beta sessions are for; finding glitches. Unfortunately this means we will not have the same fun bugs in Halo 3 as we did in Halo 2, but if it creates a better game experience, I don't care. Keep this topic up for everyone to see. PS: Jesusp, I think Xero wasn't being entirely serious.

Edited by Shin Karasawa, 15 May 2007 - 04:07 PM.

#9 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

There's no way I would ever delete a thread like this.

#10 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

I have to jump in and defend my name and my honor.

First, I love B-X-R. I have broken more faces with it than I would care to count, and it never gets old. It, to me, is a hilarious glitch, that makes the BR worthwhile in close and makes the close range combat of Halo 2 much more fun as a result.

Second, I am not a fan of glitches. Not at all. As soon as they're discovered, however, I'm all over them, trying to master them (I never learned to double shot - maybe because Halo 2 isn't particularly fun anymore and H3 had begun looming on the horizon), because like Drew said, that's the direction that those glitches push the game - where it's necessary to master them to be considered "skilled."

From the Halo 2 Sucks thread:

One final thing about pro skill: In Halo 1, players were known for their skills with weapons or tactics: the OGREs were sniping animals, Ripp0n was a sticky machine (Kinetic?), Strangepurple was the best pistol in MLG, Zyos and Darkman were slayer Gods, owning 1 v. 1 and FFA play, Walshy was unbelievable at melees (it's... the claw), you get the idea... In Halo 2, pros are known for their skill at executing glitches, for example, McGavin is the "revolution" behind B-X-R (if he didn't discover it, he sure popularized it), and Walshy is well known for his mastery of a number of glitches, most notably the double shot. Sad when that's what the pro game's about, huh? R-R-X-Y-Y-R-R-X-Y-Y-B-X-R... that just makes me so sad...

#11 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

It's sad but true. To not get beat, you had to become the very thing you hated.

#12 rustyf50

rustyf50
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

How can you complain about something like this? Let those guys try to glitch all they want...as long as they are documenting them so that Bungie can iron them out before the retail experience!

#13 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

How can you complain about something like this? Let those guys try to glitch all they want...as long as they are documenting them so that Bungie can iron them out before the retail experience!

Who says they'll iron them out? What kept them from ironing out all the glitches from Halers 2?

#14 phreak

phreak

What happened???

• 735 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

Like I said, on second thought it is good that Bungie know about it. I kind of forget that this is just beta and things like this are the whole point of playing in it.

#15 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Who says they'll iron them out? What kept them from ironing out all the glitches from Halers 2?

Because Halo 2 didn't have a public beta. :o The whole game was also rushed, in a sense.

#16 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

Once the backend is in, you can't change it.

Also:

Holy crap.

#17 ido

ido
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

Once the backend is in, you can't change it.

Also:

Holy crap.

That shit is just cool, imo. I loved getting on top of levels like Damnation back in Halo 1. But the fun part about it was, it never really HELPED you that much. Well, for the most part. Some even required two people. But it was just fun.

I personally like crap like that. But I don't like superjumping from part 2. That was just weird.

#18 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

That shit is just cool, imo. I loved getting on top of levels like Damnation back in Halo 1. But the fun part about it was, it never really HELPED you that much. Well, for the most part. Some even required two people. But it was just fun.

I personally like crap like that. But I don't like superjumping from part 2. That was just weird.

That was just clever use of equipment. No superbouncing here. =)

#19 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,067 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

I guarantee you that the level designers know the exact distances from every single point in the level, and they won't let you get to places that they don't want you to get to. That was amazing.

#20 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

Also:

Holy crap.

Ok, is it just me, or do dark green Spartans with red/blue/purple/orange highlights look like TMNT?

I think its just me.

Edited by MoNuckah, 15 May 2007 - 09:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq