• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:29 AM

Like New Sharp Aquos 26" LCD HiDef Television I'm looking for a small TV for the game room, around 27 in, flat screen, High Def and the ability to be hung on the wall. This guy is selling this one for $550 on Craigs list. What do you think and do you have any suggestions?

#2 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:55 AM

Like New Sharp Aquos 26" LCD HiDef Television

I'm looking for a small TV for the game room, around 27 in, flat screen, High Def and the ability to be hung on the wall. This guy is selling this one for $550 on Craigs list. What do you think and do you have any suggestions?

I bought my brand new 26" Maganavox LCD for that much. For something that is used and "Like New" I think you should keep looking.

$550 is not a bargain, It's only about $50-$75 less than what you could pay in the store, and about the same price as something you'll find if you look hard enough and wait 2 or so weeks to see what Sunday fliers have the best deals for the week. I say only buy something USED if its a steal. This is not a steal.

I say NO

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 04 January 2008 - 11:56 AM.

#3 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

Falkor's right. I've been keeping my eye out for HDTVs and monitors...and $550 is not a good deal. Talk to him, though. Offer him half that and see what he does.

#4 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

You can get a 26" LG at newegg for $599 at the moment. I'm not from the US so I've never used newegg, but I've heard of it a ton, so I guess they're good.

#5 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Things get cheaper when you realize that TV is a waste of your time and you just need a monitor for surfing the internet and play games.

#6 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:50 AM

Pioneer 9mm Thick Kuro Plasma

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Engadget had the chance to get up close and personal with the recently-announced 9mm-thick Kuro plasma concept at CES, with Paul Meyhoefer, VP of Marketing and Product Planning, and Tony Ueda, Worldwide Manager of Display Technology, demoing at the Pioneer booth the night before the show floor opens. Pioneer gave the grand tour of two new technology concepts, with "advanced design" and "extreme contrast" displays. Pioneer has always claimed to target the high-end home theater enthusiast, and this 50-inch Kuro concept plasma shows that off in spades, being 9mm (0.35 inches) thick at the glass and only 24mm (0.94 inches) thick at its widest point. As seen in our gallery below, there is not even a hint of input ports or other distractions from its 40 pounds of sexy svelteness. We held up a BlackBerry Curve 8320 next to the plasma's glass, and dwarfed it with a whopping 15.5mm (0.6 inches) of depth.

#7 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

Wow, televisions are getting pretty amazing.

#8 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:38 AM

Westinghouse's Quad-HD Televisions

Westinghouse got smarter this year and made its two Quad HD LCDs on display a more prominent attraction in the booth, showing off 47-inch and 56-inch models. For those who haven't been keeping score, the 56-inch display is running at 3840 x 2160 Quad Full HD resolution (think 8.3 million pixels is enough for ya?) -- its little brother runs at 2560 x 1440 Quad HD and 3.7 million pixels. Both of these units are going to be released this year in Q2 ("March or April"), but you'll have to part with $10,000 to pick up the 47-inch and a whopping $50k to take home the 56-inch. The rep we spoke with mentioned they obviously weren't targeting consumers with these things so much as engineers, architects, visual imaging and editing professionals and production studios, and medical and geological professionals, as well as mining companies who've shown interest in the technology. We fully concede there's no rational way to justify shelling out 50 grand for one of these things but damn, it doesn't stop us from wanting one at Engadget HQ.

Posted Image

Source

#9 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:10 AM

My 17 inch Dell LCD suddenly feels painfully inadequate.

#10 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

I just purchased this sweet 22" gaming monitor made by Viewsonic. It was one hell of a deal!

http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=2775

#11 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

Nice man. Perfect monitor for gaming.

#12 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

I just purchased this sweet 22" gaming monitor made by Viewsonic. It was one hell of a deal!

http://www.tigerdire...e...&CatId=2775

That's a pretty intense signature.

#13 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:18 AM

That's a pretty intense signature.

Agreed.

#14 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:29 AM

Agreed.

Can we also agree it's obnoxious and should be 1/3 the size?

Concerning the signatures, we are requiring all members to choose from a gamercard signature or none at all. Due to the misuse of signatures in the past, this is the best way to keep the forum streamlined and remove clutter. Individuals are not allowed to have any text, pictures or any other data in their signatures apart from the options provided here. You can link this gamercard image to your Xbox Live person webpage or Bungie.net player page if you so choose to. Any other links will be removed and user profile changes will be disabled for your account if you violate this rule:

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 14 January 2008 - 07:31 AM.

#15 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Your current signature is pure MENERGY made with REAL LIGHTNING! Btw, Nice stats dude but you are gonna probably wanna trim that down a bit per the forum rules.

#16 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

I just went broke on a 15' LCD HDTV 1080i. I don't know what that means, I don't care what anyone thinks. ANYTHING was an improvement over my 13 inch SD TV from 1994. Plus it was $200. Not bad!

#17 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Can we also agree it's obnoxious and should be 1/3 the size?

At least it's nothing like what he was originally planning to go with...

Posted Image

Edited by Blaze, 14 January 2008 - 12:52 PM.

#18 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

the brave little toaster...by far the best.

#19 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Thats almost bigger than my Riches Will Rust signature back in the day.

#20 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

Quality stuff Blaze, I would have quoted you but that would have bogged down the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq