• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

Texas, did it give you an error about your video card or something like that when you tried to use the drive?

No? It does not show up in "my computer" and in the device manager it shows the yellow triangles.

I will try to manually install the drivers

Edited by txlonghorn, 11 September 2008 - 11:47 AM.

#22 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

No? It does not show up in "my computer" and in the device manager it shows the yellow triangles.

I will try to manually install the drivers

Alright, I was just checking to see if it was the same problem that one of my coworkers was having. He left me a voicemail yesterday about his DVD drive suddenly not working, and he mentioned that it gave an error with his video card (which sounds like he may not know what he's talking about).

#23 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

Alright, I was just checking to see if it was the same problem that one of my coworkers was having. He left me a voicemail yesterday about his DVD drive suddenly not working, and he mentioned that it gave an error with his video card (which sounds like he may not know what he's talking about).

Wasn't trying to be a jerk, it was just a weird question.

There was an apple Itunes and quicktime update that I was doing with the Vista update that ended up being the culprit. So, my apologies to Vista, please don't hurt me.

Posted Image

#24 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:49 PM

Oh yeah, Apple is now sneaking in device drivers through iTunes/Quicktime updates. It's interesting that it stopped your DVD drive from working, because most other people have been experiencing SPONTANEOUS BLUE SCREENS OF DEATH. What a PR nightmare.

#25 txlonghorn

txlonghorn

Read a newspaper

• Veteran
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

Apple's announcement

#26 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:12 PM

Has anyone been watching the recent ads? I was going to post something about Apple whitewashing the issue by claiming it was Microsoft's fault, *shrug* But the MS ads of late are... confusing?

#27 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:56 AM

I saw a Microsoft ad the other day where they were showing people their "new" OS and everyone liked it. Then they pulled some sheets off of it and they were like, "Surprise! It's Vista!" And everyone said, "Omg, Vista!" Then, the best part, was when the narrator at the end said something along the lines of, "Vista: when you come to it with a good attitude, it can surprise you," or something like that. Basically, trying to directly combat the current public opinion of Vista, whilst simultaneously insulting the people that they were trying to appeal to. Lol.

#28 Anpheus

Anpheus
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

Yeah MS has a shitty PR department of late. The whole Mojave experiment while, you know, valid, is... the way they advertise it sucks.

#29 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

But the MS ads of late are... confusing?

The Bill Gates/Seinfeld ones are especially confusing. Are they trying to get a point across, or just make stupid ads for nothing?
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#30 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

I think they're hilarious.

#31 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:01 PM

Well, regardless, they're over with.

http://valleywag.com...celled-tomorrow

Remember those awful Microsoft ads with Jerry Seinfeld and Bill Gates? Well, now you can forget them. Microsoft flacks are desperately dialing reporters to spin them about "phase two" of the ad campaign — a phase, due to be announced tomorrow, which will drop the aging comic altogether. Microsoft's version of the story: Redmond had always planned to drop Seinfeld. The awkward reality: The ads only reminded us how out of touch with consumers Microsoft is — and that Bill Gates's company has millions of dollars to waste on hiring a has-been funnyman to keep him company. Update: In a phone call, Waggener Edstrom flack Frank Shaw confirms that Microsoft is not going on with Seinfeld, and echoes his underlings' spin that the move was planned. There is the "potential to do other things" with Seinfeld, which Shaw says is still "possible." He adds: "People would have been happier if everyone loved the ads, but this was not unexpected."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq