#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

http://www.ign.com/a....aled-ign-first

• Team Halo 2: Anniversary
    Play a mix of Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 4v4.
  • Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble
    Challenge seven other opponents on re-mastered maps. This is your fight and yours alone. 8-player Free-For-All.
  • Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social
    Play with a team in unranked Team Slayer and objective game types on re-mastered maps. 5v5.
  • Team Slayer
    Eliminate the enemy team across four Halo games: Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Nothing but Team Slayer, 24/7. 4v4.
  • Big Team Battle
    Battle it out in 16-player warfare with vehicles across Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. 8v8.
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
    The game that started it all. Play a mix of Slayer and objective game types in Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time on Xbox Live. 4v4.
  • Halo 2 Classic
    It’s back. A mix of the most popular Team Slayer and objective game types from the original Halo 2. 4v4.
  • Halo 3
    A selection of fan-favorite Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 3. 4v4.
  • Halo 4
    A mix of Team Slayer and objective game types from Halo 4, on a selection of small to medium-sized maps. 5v5.
  • Team Hardcore
    A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.
  • Halo eSports
    The official Halo eSports playlist. 4v4.
  • SWAT (Rotational)
    Aim for the head! A collection of SWAT game types on our favorite maps from Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 2: Anniversary. Players have no shields and are equipped with rifles. 4v4.

Also, via Frank (for you 2v2/Team Doubles fans, and fans of other gametypes):

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Dun worry there will be weekly rotational lists and consistent updates.

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

Three playlists dedicated to H2A,the smallest map pool in the game... Only one for each of the older games, and no HCE in SWAT...

#3 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Who cares dude, the important stuff is there. The H2A playlists make sense, it's the "new thing" so it'll get the most play by average fans.

#4 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

XvsmEdb.jpg

#5 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

*Prepares to spawn into Blood Gulch with plasma pistols in the only Halo 1 playlist*

#6 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Team Halo 2: Anniversary, Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social, Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, Halo 3, Hardcore and SWAT.

So much good. Spoiled.

Just don't give me AR starts on Valhalla or I'll have to kill someone.

#7 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:19 PM

*Prepares to spawn into Blood Gulch with plasma pistols in the only Halo 1 playlist*

Lol, I'm sure they'll find some way to fuck it up.

#8 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

Dani, what's spoiled about it? 

I love the complaints, I don't know what everyone expected. Did people seriously think there would be several playlists for their preferred size/gametype per game?

#9 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,008 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

I don't think it's too much to ask for an objective only playlist in each game, Ivan.  Woulda been happy with that.

#10 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

Dani, what's spoiled about it? 

I love the complaints, I don't know what everyone expected. Did people seriously think there would be several playlists for their preferred size/gametype per game?

I think you read me wrong. Not complaining. It's the opposite. I'm spoiled for choice, so many decent sounding playlists, despite the lack of dedicated Objective. I'm really excited to revisit a bunch of maps again.

I just hope they don't screw things up by including Heavies or AR starts in BTB.

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

Blaze and I were talking about this last night, but why isn't there a dedicated 2v2 playlist for HCE on small maps?

For a lot of people (myself included, when I wasn't at a LAN), that was the quintessential HCE MP experience. Instead we're suck with a shitty rotational playlist that may or may not show up after a few months for maybe a week or two, and will inevitably include shitty H4 stuff that nobody is interested in playing. Yay?

We all know that the H4 playlist might as well not even be there, as it's going to have the lowest population by a huge margin. Unfortunately, I fear that 343 will be too prideful to remove it and put something meaningful there instead, so we'll be stuck with at least one useless playlist that just sits around taking up space.

Edited by Drew, 10 October 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#12 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

Blaze and I were talking about this last night, but why isn't there a dedicated 2v2 playlist for HCE on small maps?

For a lot of people (myself included, when I wasn't at a LAN), that was the quintessential HCE MP experience. Instead we're suck with a shitty rotational playlist that may or may not show up after a few months for maybe a week or two, and will inevitably include shitty H4 stuff that nobody is interested in playing. Yay?

We all know that the H4 playlist might as well not even be there, as it's going to have the lowest population by a huge margin. Unfortunately, I fear that 343 will be too prideful to remove it and put something meaningful there instead, so we'll be stuck with at least one useless playlist that just sits around taking up space.

So much this. I started typing something rational like this, but then landed on just using my snarky response instead. Halo 1's sweet spot (on most of the good maps) was not 4 v 4. The pistol is too powerful for that. Also, having the one solitary 4 v 4 playlist really does open us up for some serious gametype shenanigans.

#13 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

Haven't played Halo since February last year. Holy crap, gonna be rusty.

#14 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, I just re-installed Halo PC in order to start brushing up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq