Halo 3

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

Catch, Fog, Thunderstorm and Famine are givens. If you really want to make it interesting and have an extra person with you, turn on Tilt and Mythic, rather than Catch. Do these on Heroic or Legendary, preferably the latter. Playing with these skulls has revealed a massive cooperative error, one which I thought was only an oversight before. Playing at these difficulties and particularly with Tilt active, require certain loadouts for combat. You should be able to pick your weapons at the start of each round or at least give everyone the same loadout. How can an AR even come close to being compared to a Carbine? The more I play campaign on Legendary with skulls, the less I find the AR useful as a primary weapon.

#22 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

I must be the only one who loves the assault rifle. I can make it useful in almost any situation. Especially against the flood. The assault rifle tears them to pieces if you aim at their chest. It almost always hits the kill spot in 3 rounds.

#23 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:34 PM

The AR has always been Halo's weapon. People might not agree but it's the best weapon in the game for most encounters. I do wish the BR was in a little more but it's not a fun weapon for me. In some of those closer encounters the AR and grenades own any other weapon you could use. I know some will will come along a disagree but it's the perfect weapon for me. BTW the pistol is great for grunts. One headshot = kill. Oh and I get a party for it.

#24 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

Oh and I get a party for it.

I refuse to play Campaign without this Skull enabled.

Also, here's that game I was talking about - the stats finally showed up on bungie.net.

Edited by Syracuse022, 30 September 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

I find that the AR is good against the Flood, and that's about where it's usefulness stops.

#26 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

I find that the AR is good against the Flood, and that's about where it's usefulness stops.

QFT. As I said before, it's typically a joke with any valuable skulls on.

#27 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

The Grunt skull is the best one. I've got 3 levels left. 2 of which I won't mind doing again but I wanted to do the better ones first. And one thats just going to suck (Cortona) I'm not even sure if it's worth it. BTW Bungie.net is slower than anything else on the net. All this talk about the beta preparing there backend systems seems to have not paid off in full. Now if thats Xbox live or Bungie's fault, or both didn't see that many users coming is up in the air. I just hope everything starts becoming usable again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq