105 replies to this topic

#1 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:01 PM

First Images

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

If that's how it looks when you play it....WOW.

#2 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:28 PM

Published by EA and developed by who? Dice?

#3 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

Yeah.

#4 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

Noice

#5 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

If they can pull graphics like that for Crysis, then it shouldn't be a problem for this game.

#6 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:27 PM

I'm gonna go with more EA "Gameplay Target" mock-up bullshit...

#7 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

Now that I look at it, those screenshots look like they're from the Unreal Engine 3. Which would actually make sense since EA just licensed the Unreal Engine 3.

#8 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:29 PM

You'd think that with all the effort going into realism, they'd come up with a way to keep the tires from looking like they are sitting on (or above) a plastic sheet painted to look like rocks...

#9 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

Well that's all about how they want to make it. Better looking rocks mean more rendering, which will probably lead to better textures, which means more load time.

#10 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:45 AM

Posted Image

#11 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:34 AM

So, when is this coming out? It seems kind of strange to me that they're releasing information on this game, when they have Battlefield 2142 in the works.

#12 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

So, when is this coming out? It seems kind of strange to me that they're releasing information on this game, when they have Battlefield 2142 in the works.

Digital Illusions Reveals Battlefield: Bad Company

Digital Illusions (DICE) revealed today the latest installment in the Battlefield series, Battlefield: Bad Company for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Battlefield: Bad Company is a completely new game which uses "Frostbite", DICE's in-house developed game engine. The game, which was one of the previously announced games without title, is scheduled for release during 2007.

Team Xbox

From the Press Release

The heart of DICE's multiplayer games is the frenetic, unpredictable nature of the sandbox experience, where anything could happen at any moment, and that's what we're bringing to the core of Battlefield: Bad Company's single-player campaign", said Karl Magnus Troedsson, senior producer at DICE. "In a world that's 90 percent destructible, the gameplay possibilities are infinite -- the battlefield is always changing, forcing players, teammates, and enemies to react accordingly. Gamers will have total freedom to adapt to and tackle challenges in creative Battlefield-style ways.":

#13 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, yeah... ^^ I've heard that a thousand times. Just give us some footage or a demo so I can judge for myself how unoriginal this is.
I got your back, Dual.
Slowly becoming your entertainment dictator.

I hates me some sports games.

#14 Gamble

Gamble
  • Veteran
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:41 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

Per Gamble's request, here's a YSI with the six-page Game Informer article covering the game inside. Quite informative and the cool thing about the destructible environment is that it's area-specific. Look at the three transition caps that display the buildings upper corner being taken out and only the upper corner. That's just plain hot.

Here.

#16 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

Area specific, meaning I can blow holes in any portion of a building that only allows that portion of it's structure to be blown. I don't buy that kind of destructable freedom in any game. Shoe mee zome videoz DI. EDIT: Thanks for the scans, Voc.
I got your back, Dual.

#17 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

Area specific, meaning I can blow holes in any portion of a building that only allows that portion of it's structure to be blown. I don't buy that kind of destructable freedom in any game. Shoe mee zome videoz DI.

EDIT: Thanks for the scans, Voc.

I'm interested in the vids as well, but according to the article, the Game Informer journalist saw the game in action do this. The screenshots, if they're an accurate interpretation of live action also indicate this. I know its EA, but there's something interesting about this game.

Oddly enough, it hasn't been announced for PC.

#18 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

I know its EA...

It's Dice. If EA was developing, this game would not be possible.

#19 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

I've never really been able to get interested in any Battlefield game. Don't know why.

#20 BRASH

BRASH

Shook Amon Tobin's Hand

• 2,205 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:30 PM

You may not have a PC powerful enough to play it, that's my main reason. Another is that they're released multiple Battlefields, all close within date to each other and much the same as the last. I'm not hot on buying something that requires updates and expansions every 3 months, in which time you realize the next Battlefield is a few weeks from release. I'm calling this a good rental. I would buy the new Battlefield 2142 for 360 if it was the last one released.
I got your back, Dual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq