• Please log in to reply
1123 replies to this topic

#1121 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

That's right, Spotlight. Great movie, but as a film there are others like it. The Revenant broke new ground in terms of how it was made, and was the most unique movie. That's why it won Best Director and Best Cinematography, btw the cinematographer has one that award 3 years in a row along with Iñarritu director 2 years in a row and Alfonso Cuarron the year before that for Gravity. These Mexican guys are the best filmmakers in the world at the moment.

Revenant and Gravity were beautiful, but both suffered from a lack of plot and some boring AF parts. Overall I preferred Birdman if we're going to talk Inarritu/Cuarron movies.

#1122 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

Wow, The Revenant had a GREAT revenge story, and the relationships between the various characters is crazy good. Not to mention that Fitzgerald is up there with one of the best bad guys ever.

#1123 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:32 AM

Wow, The Revenant had a GREAT revenge story, and the relationships between the various characters is crazy good. Not to mention that Fitzgerald is up there with one of the best bad guys ever.

Fair points. Tom Hardy might be my favorite actor at this point. Always delivers. Still think they could have cut out 20-30 minutes.

#1124 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,989 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:57 AM

Warcraft - fuck the haters, this was a fun movie. Note, I have never played WoW, and I only played Warcraft II. I don't care one whit about the story. But the movie was entertaining from the start. Ben Foster as a wizard was kinda weird, because he usually plays salt of the earth, redneck types. But it was a great summer popcorn flick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq