#1 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

Guys, I'm really thinking about getting back into Destiny.  But here's what's holding me back:

I'm right at the end of the game on Witcher 3.  I have been playing that non-stop since it came out.

I have Batman sitting on top of my PS4 to play as soon as I'm finished with the Witcher.

I have Fallout 4 and Battlefront both preordered.  I'm super intrigued by MGS V.

My kid started Kindergarten this year, so I'm up at 7-7:30 every day, now.  My gaming time is severely crippled at night.

However, I'm looking at these videos and seeing the improvements they've made to Destiny all the way around, with the Quests and the bounty lists and not having to go back to the Tower between everything to turn in stuff...

But playing Destiny is a huge time commitment, and time's something I don't have much of anymore.

So, here's the ask:  What other big games are coming out that I'm clearly missing in the above list and would be missing out on even more if I went back into Destiny?

#2 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

A classic example of battered wife syndrome.

Rainbow Six Siege beta (Sep 24)
Uncharted Collection (Oct 9)
The Witcher 3's Hearts of Stone expansion (Oct 13)
Fallout 4 (Nov 10)
Battlefront (Nov 17)
Just Cause 3 (Dec 1)
Hitman (Dec 8)

+ what's already out:

MGSV
Mad Max
Batmans

Destiny is still going to be the same grindy game it was before -- there's just more things to grind now apparently. Also keep in mind that a decent chunk of the new stuff is co-op related (because it's Destiny). If you play on PS4, you'll most likely be playing alone, and if you buy the Xbon version, you'll have to endure a healthy dose of "tish" and "sucka" on a consistent basis. Surely you deserve better than that.

Here's what doesn't make sense, though, Tucker: your main problem right now, as Omnom and I have known for a bit, is that you don't have much time to play games at night anymore, but you're wanting to commit to a co-op and multiplayer game. Destiny is not fun to play alone and playing with randoms in any game is never a good time. Getting back into Destiny (and having fun with it) requires more than just you to get back into Destiny, but since hardly anyone else has shown the same interest, you'll be playing Destiny alone, with randoms, or with the Ivanjrn. Your alternative is playing games like the Witcher 3 at your old man pace.

#3 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,997 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

I haven't turned a game on since Sept 6th, this is true.

#4 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sounds like an open and shut case.

#5 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Also, MGSV is really good guys.

#6 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,690 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, buy MGSV. I've only watched videos of other Metally Gearz and I'm having a blast with it.

The Fulton addiction is real.

#7 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

I'm really hoping this iteration of Metal Gear Online is even better. The gameplay definitely holds up so far at least.

Truth.

#8 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

Ending is poop though.

#9 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

Spoilers - Episode 51.

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

Blaze pretty much covered it... I'm in the same boat (in terms of consecutive hours I can dedicate to gaming). I've been playing things that are easy to pick up for short sessions as a result. Splatoon, Smash Bros, Halo PC, Battlefield 4... And lots of 3DS stuff.

It kind of sucks, but I've adapted. Oh well!

#11 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,690 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

Blaze pretty much covered it... I'm in the same boat (in terms of consecutive hours I can dedicate to gaming). I've been playing things that are easy to pick up for short sessions as a result. Splatoon, Smash Bros, Halo PC, Battlefield 4... And lots of 3DS stuff.

It kind of sucks, but I've adapted. Oh well!

Game time is short when you have to sling that ganj 

#12 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,940 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

Game time is short when you have to sling that ganj 

Between that, a job where I'm actually expected to be at the office, and a fiancee - it's certainly harder to find the time nowadays.

#13 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Crucified, Prodigy (his son), and I have been playing The Taken King every day. Sharpe still hops on from time to time as well. I did the whole Taken King quest/campaign alone and it was very fun. You can also do Strikes in matchmaking and it's a good variety.

Huge improvement and a lot of fun with tons of stuff to do. You level up naturally now as you do the missions and quests which is also a huge improvement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq