Source?

#62 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

The Chopper is a ground vehicle.

The design suggests that, but I keep looking at this pic:

http://i10.photobuck...k101/shrine.jpg

and that baby more than a little vertical. It could be it's coming down from a huge ramp/structure off screen, and that would explain it. But that's way too much air for a Ghost to get on anything but a nice big jump.

Of course, if the mag specifies that it's ground-based, there ya go.

#63 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

Holy crap at the screenshot thing indeed. Did I read right in saying that you can upload them as well for online use? Brilliant.

I hope so and it should be seeing as PGR3 and NFSCarbon have that feature as well.

#64 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:12 PM

It's a ground vehicle. It only hovers on the backend and in its propulsion generator at each side. It's like a big ass motorcycle with a huge wheel in the front. The picture showing it getting airborne is no different than the other pictures in the same magazine showing the Mongoose and the Ghost catch wind...

#65 quickshade

quickshade
  • Banned
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

It's a ground vehicle. It only hovers on the backend and in its propulsion generator at each side. It's like a big ass motorcycle with a huge wheel in the front. The picture showing it getting airborne is no different than the other pictures in the same magazine showing the Mongoose and the Ghost catch wind...

All I can say is I will take that thing off some sweet jumps.

#66 squick3n

squick3n
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

I look forward to the date the online embargo gets lifted, so we can see more of Shrine. The bigness of it concerns me, as memories of 2 minute treks across Containment, only to be sniped upon entering the base, give me pause.

#67 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:50 PM

I think I'd prefer that there aren't any sniper rifles on this vehicle-centric map. I love how GamePro gets this great exclusive on a new Brute vehicle and they tell us next to absolutely nothing about it. We are here wondering if the thing is an air or ground based for crying out loud (I think Voc settled it). At least we get cool pics.

#68 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

I look forward to the date the online embargo gets lifted, so we can see more of Shrine. The bigness of it concerns me, as memories of 2 minute treks across Containment, only to be sniped upon entering the base, give me pause.

The way it's been described in the past, it sounds like vehicles will be used more often than not on this map. Lots of them and rapid respawns should help prevent the epic trudge that typified my Containment experience. I personally love big vehicle battles so I'm hoping the map is tuned properly for them.

#69 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

=) See guys? I won't state something as fact unless I know it to be the truth.

#70 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

The way it's been described in the past, it sounds like vehicles will be used more often than not on this map. Lots of them and rapid respawns should help prevent the epic trudge that typified my Containment experience. I personally love big vehicle battles so I'm hoping the map is tuned properly for them.

QFT.

#71 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:27 PM

On the other hand, I played the Beta for 3 days before even touching a vehicle, and when I finally did and got into the Mongoose, it was simply to race back to where I had dropped my Sniper Rifle... That's why I'm happy that they've made it possible to kill someone in a vehicle from on foot once more. I have to say, though, the Mongoose and I are going to be great friends when I'm just messing around. As for armor customization, it seems like it'd be possible (likely?) for them to include prettier versions of previous iterations' armors, and I think we all know who'll be rocking a sweet set of H1 armor...

#72 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:02 AM

wtf? Gamepro released the cover and they are saying that it reveals ALL the maps in Halo 3. :confused:

Posted Image

#73 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

Red Chief looks like he has girl hands. WTF

#74 PRO_KING

PRO_KING
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:32 AM

Red Chief looks like he has girl hands. WTF

I remember bungie saying something about girl voices for like when the master chief screams and stuff for halo 3. Maybe it changes his hands too hahaha.

#75 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

This afternoon I'mm going by Barnes & Noble to pick up this mag. I hope my scanner still works, so I can put up some scans.

#76 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

wtf? Gamepro released the cover and they are saying that it reveals ALL the maps in Halo 3. :confused:

Yeah, that type of misleading is pretty common in magazines.

#77 Blamo

Blamo

XBL: BLAMO52 Service Tag: B52

• Banned
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:57 PM

They are only covering the maps that the public has already seen. Highground, Valhalla, Snowbound, Epitaph, and Last Resort. I think.

#78 GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

They are only covering the maps that the public has already seen. Highground, Valhalla, Snowbound, Epitaph, and Last Resort. I think.

And some artwork for another snow-based map. But there's at least two more we glimsed in the last vidoc.

And I had a good laugh at "Gamepro strikes paydirt!". I'm sure that's exactly what the marketing guys thought when they landed the cover story. :rolleyes:

#79 MasterChief2829

MasterChief2829
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

They also reveal shrine... there are scans a page back.

#80 LostprophetVII

LostprophetVII
  • Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:29 PM

Here, it has a couple:

Pictures

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq