Ninja Gaiden 2

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#201 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:53 AM

I think the camera is so tight so you can see the kickassery up close. I guess i'm just used to the camera being the way it is but i've learned to deal with it and it doesn't bother me. All the battles in this game are on a pretty big scale , most of the time you are fighting around 6-8 enemies. So when I knock someone down, then OT them, I immediately start up a new combo. I'm not waiting until I see someone or waiting until they get close to me.

I agree, but I've seen games where the camera can clip walls perfectly and when an enemy gets close, the camera knows exactly where to go from where it is currently facing just to give you a glimpse of an approaching enemy you wouldn't otherwise see. I have no issue with starting and ending new combos appropriately, but I can't stop an enemy from lunging (ending my combo without my permission as it were) at me when I can't see them or the direction they're coming. So far the toughest enemy for me in this game is its camera. That better be the final boss battle or I may be disappointed. It has killed me more than any other NPC in the game. :P

I'm glad that this game didn't have any tough puzzles, like the puzzle you had to figure out after being Doku in NG1.

This is good, every puzzle I've had so far has been relatively easy. I just don't understand the design choice, probably because I don't follow the genre that often.

I blew through levels 5, 6 and I believe I'm at 7 now. So far this game has been considerably easier than the previous one. I defeat the bosses usually in two or three attempts (except for that first dude in the top of the flaming building) and I am a big fan of the scythe. Shit is a beast. Grabbing enemies by impaling them and then slamming them into the ground is extremely gratifying. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of some of the weapons in the game (guess a few people do use them though), but there are three weapons I love: Lunar Staff, Eclipse Scythe and the blade on the end of the chain thingy, which have been upgraded to a tee and easily dispatch most enemies.

#202 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:44 AM

and the blade on the end of the chain thingy, which have been upgraded to a tee and easily dispatch most enemies.

That's the Kusari-gama. I didn't use it at all my first playthrough. Now I'm going for the Weapons-runs so I'll get to it eventually.

I guess I'm so content with the camera because honestly I've never played another game in this genre. I played the DMC4 demo, but the combat/action was so considerably slower that the camera was not a problem. so I guess I havent played a game like this that did the camera right, so I dont know what it could be like in NG.

When you get Piercing Void Ninpo, upgrade that bitch immediately. Thank me later

#203 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

When you get Piercing Void Ninpo, upgrade that bitch immediately. Thank me later

Those Dragons at the end of Chapter 9? One fully upgraded Piercing Void will take away nearly 75% of one of those fuckers' health.

I think when I get my 360 back and finish off Chapter 14 I'm going to go through the game on Acolyte and do the Tests of Valor I missed on my first time through (completely missed the Rod of Trials in Ch. 2). Plus there's still some skulls I need to find.

Edited by Kinetic, 11 June 2008 - 06:27 AM.

#204 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

Those Dragons at the end of Chapter 9? One fully upgraded Piercing Void will take away nearly 75% of one of those fuckers' health.

I think when I get my 360 back and finish off Chapter 14 I'm going to go through the game on Acolyte and do the Tests of Valor I missed on my first time through (completely missed the Rod of Trials in Ch. 2).

Yeah. I finished on Warrior and also missed Tests of Valor.

I'm going through on Acolyte now and I'm gonna do Tests of Valor and get the Dragon Sword Achievement in one playthrough.

Then I'm gonna see how many weapon-runs I can do before I get sick of it.

I really only upgraded and used the Dragon Sword/Lunar/Scythe my initial playthrough, so the rest of the weapons are really unchartered territory.

Costume for beating on Master Ninja
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Falkor, 11 June 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#205 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

I'm glad that this game didn't have any tough puzzles, like the puzzle you had to figure out after being Doku in NG1.

You were puzzled by that bit of platforming and lever switching?

#206 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:26 AM

You were puzzled by that bit of platforming and lever switching?

YES!

#207 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

Platforming is beneath even the most unskilled ninja dog. Why leap from one immovable stone to the next and flip idle levers when you could be lopping limps and transforming necks into cascading blood fountains?

#208 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Platforming is beneath even the most unskilled ninja dog. Why leap from one immovable stone to the next and flip idle levers when you could be lopping limps and transforming necks into cascading blood fountains?

The only platforming in NGII is after the water dragon boss. I think its Chapter 5. Even then it's all straight jumps and no funny wall maneuvers.

#209 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:10 AM

The only platforming in NGII is after the water dragon boss. I think its Chapter 5. Even then it's all straight jumps and no funny wall maneuvers.

Been there, done that, it was lame. Good thing it was short as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq