Halo: CE

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

In this thread, which will probably be populated by only myself, we discuss Halo PC: the online game where the insta-death via Pistol is only three clicks of a mouse away. Also there are Fuel Rod Guns. And Flamethrowers. And Banshees in multiplayer. Anyone else here play it?

#2 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:21 AM

Major Hayes and I used to play with [questionable] copies when we were both back in Utah. It kicked so much more ass than any other online experience to date. /Fuel Rod Gun, ftw!

#3 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

In the darkest, deepest depths of my Halo 2 despair, with XBC no longer a viable option (my connection at school isn't capable), I turned to Halo PC. I hooked up an Xbox 360 controller to one of my computer's USB ports, set the buttons up to do what they were supposed to, and pretended I was playing Halo 1 online. It was glorious, and with the reduced auto-aim, it was undoubtedly good for "the skills."

#4 Frost

Frost

I'm the Kool-Aid Man, bitch!

• 248 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:48 AM

Haha, I played it the other day. I don't care what you say, Blood Gulch CTF does not get old. Ever.

#5 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

Haha, I played it the other day. I don't care what you say, Blood Gulch CTF does not get old. Ever.

I know I`m posting nearly a year after the last message but I just had to post my agreement with Frosts statement.

I played Halo PC online pretty much solidly for 2 years and I rekon a good 70% of that time was spent playing ctf on the Gulch :) My clan used to set our server to 1 hour time limit on CTF with no limit on captures. I used to rack up 150+ kills quite regularly.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#6 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

I play it alot actually.. H2V and Halo CE custom edition

#7 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:20 PM

Halo PC makes me wonder what would have happened if the XBL Marketplace version of Halo CE had been granted online multiplayer. sigh.....
twitter: @bradenbullen

#8 MCPO RaZ

MCPO RaZ
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:32 AM

Halo PC makes me wonder what would have happened if the XBL Marketplace version of Halo CE had been granted online multiplayer. sigh.....

Yes. It's somewhat funny that people are still debating that if you download HALO CE on XBL it will allow for online mulitiplayer. I heard it yesterday 3 times in a game lobby. Somewhere in the back of these ones minds they still fantasize about being able to do it even after being told that "It's not possible." Gotta laugh.

#9 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

Does anyone know of a way to hide the chat text? I'm using Halo PC multiplayer footage for Waypoint vids and I can't have all these kids cursing in the chat box on the left.

#10 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

Nvm, I got it.

#11 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:12 AM

How much is Halo PC nowadays? Is there any place I can buy it new, or is it out of print and can only be bought used? I've also been looking to buy Halo 2 PC but I can't find it anywhere new either. I've been looking to buy it for a while now and since Bungie has a new use for the PC Keys and I just got a new laptop for my birthday, I figure its about time to spring for a copy. Plus, the Halo 2 achievements should be easy and is attractive to an achievement whore like myself :)
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#12 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:15 AM

eBay is your friend. Plenty of copies on there of each and cheap too. New or owned.

#13 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

eBay is your friend. Plenty of copies on there of each and cheap too. New or owned.

I'm just a little concerned the owner would have already entered their pc key in b.net, so I'd rather buy new. I'm trying to get the Halo 1 nameplate in Reach (that and I miss some of the crazy mods for singleplayer like some of BOLL's stuff from the old days - pistol shooting tank rounds, AR shooting sniper rounds, shotgun shooting plasma grenades, etc.).
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#14 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

How much is Halo PC nowadays? Is there any place I can buy it new, or is it out of print and can only be bought used? I've also been looking to buy Halo 2 PC but I can't find it anywhere new either.

I've been looking to buy it for a while now and since Bungie has a new use for the PC Keys and I just got a new laptop for my birthday, I figure its about time to spring for a copy. Plus, the Halo 2 achievements should be easy and is attractive to an achievement whore like myself :)

Amazon is your friend.

#15 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Anyone else see this mod? Looks pretty sweet.

#16 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

Anyone else see this mod? Looks pretty sweet.

Crazy that the game is still getting mods, and super extensive ones like this, at that.

#17 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Vehicle boarding and the ability to pilot Wraiths? WANT.

Enemies and weapons from the lesser Halos? Do not fucking want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: CE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq