Spike VGAs 2010

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

This shit is going down tonight. 7pm CST on Spike.com and Gametrailers.com they are going to be unveiling some highly anticipated games including:

Uncharted 3
Batman: Arkham City
Mass Effect 3?

As well as other surprises and gameplay footage. Trust me when I say I'm only there for the new footage and could care less who wins as all of the nominations are really great games. There's also going to be a preshow an hour before that might have some interesting tidbits.

So who's going to be watching it?

#2 Arcys

Arcys

Nothing but the rain.

• 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:56 AM

I'd be really surprised if Mass Effect 3 is announced. All the info that BioWare has been putting out indicates a Shattered Steel remake/reboot. I will be pulling for Mass Effect 2 in every category, even the hand held ones. I want to stroke my ME2 boner with the smug satisfaction that a game from January could beat out all the other games released during the year.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for I am missing my amygdala.

#3 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:03 PM

Damn, looks like I'll be working. I'm only there as a contingency though, so maybe I can stream it from the work computer? Anyone know of any places streaming it live?
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#4 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

If it's anything like last year, they should be streaming it from the websites I have linked above.

#5 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

Damn, looks like I'll be working. I'm only there as a contingency though, so maybe I can stream it from the work computer? Anyone know of any places streaming it live?

http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/spiketv

Streaming Spike TV all day including the VGA show later.

#6 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:46 PM

EA accidentally released Mass Effect 3 (complete with a description) on the EA store.. then yanked it. Safe to say that they let the cat out of the bag early? Oops. I'll check the VGAs 2010.. why not? EDIT: The description for ME3 as described.. "Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. "

Edited by Merguson, 11 December 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#7 Arcys

Arcys

Nothing but the rain.

• 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Posted Image
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for I am missing my amygdala.

#8 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Kinda reminds me of the Halo 2 E3 2003 trailer in the sense that Earth is being invaded (that's really the only similarity). Can't wait.

#9 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite planet in the galaxy. :(

Edited by Merguson, 12 December 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,953 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite planet in the galaxy. :(

Shepard: [Lean back]

#11 Arcys

Arcys

Nothing but the rain.

• 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Did anyone else cringe at NPH and the other presenters? I know that it's par for the course when it comes to the VGAs, but every year I hope that someone at Spike will wake up and realize that their jokes are not funny. Some of the presenters openly mocked the schlock they made them read. I feet sad for Nathan Fillion when his mic shorted out.

#12 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,953 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

You aren't supposed to actually watch the VGAs. You just refresh Gametrailer's homepage and the trailers are usually up before they're even shown at the event.

#13 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

You aren't supposed to actually watch the VGAs. You just refresh Gametrailer's homepage and the trailers are usually up before they're even shown at the event.

QFT. The show is terrible, and I'm a gamer. Imagine what this looks like to someone who doesn't game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq