• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#1 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:40 AM

I know this stuff isn't new but I think they should have their own thread.

These armor types will be unlocked at some points during the Campaign portion of the game.

E.V.A.: Extra Vehicular Activity

* The MJOLNIR/V variant was developed and tested at the UNSC facilities in Lister, Aigburth, Ganymede; integrating feedback gathered from the Summa Deep Space Incident.
* Developed at the UNSC Low/Zero Gravity Testing Facility on Ganymede, the MJOLNIR/V variant focuses on increasing exoatmospheric endurance and improving mobility in zero gravity.
* In developing the Mark VI MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/V variant emphasis was placed on increasing exoatmospheric endurance and improving mobility in zero gravity without the use or thrusters.

Posted Image

C.Q.B.: Close Quarters Battle

* The Mjolnir/C variant was developed and tested at UNSC facilities in Essen, Deutschland and Songnam, Hanguk, respectively; integrating feedback gathered from the Jericho VII Theater.
* Developed at Beweglichr?stungsysteme of Essen and tested at the Special Warfare Center in Songnam, the Mjolnir/C variant focuses on improving combat survivability and mobility.
* The intent with the Mark VI Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor/C variant was to improve survivability in close combat; specifically by looking at alternate methods of K dispersal and improving joint mobility.

Posted Image

Unknown (Not Confirmed) Armor Type

Posted Image

#2 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:20 AM

I don't know if its appropriate to have the hex code stuff out here, but you should probably spoiler code it. That last helmet is fo' sho' not officially released yet.

#3 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:27 AM

Can't Edit. Mod please delete my previous post.

Blaze found this on the Game Trailers Forum. These models were apparently found in the hex code:
Posted Image

If you wish to see the two more helmets that were in this picture, click Here
NOTE THAT THESE HELMETS HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED OR CONFIRMED BY BUNGIE

Edited by NJ x Falk0r, 09 July 2007 - 09:31 AM.

#4 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:45 AM

Cool. Thanks man.

#5 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:09 PM

Nice list, thanks NJ.

#6 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

The intent with the Mark VI Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor/C variant was to improve survivability in close combat; specifically by looking at alternate methods of K dispersal and improving joint mobility.

Ya know, speaking strictly from an armor geek perspective ( Playing Combat Mission obsessively for 5 years will make you an armor geek) The CQB armor has about the biggest bullet trap on the top of the head, right where you don't want to trap bullet energy, AKA 'k'.

The best design for deflecting bullets is smooth, flat high angle slopes. Sharp jutting edges, rounded plates and other 'clutter' are the perfect places for bullets to either ricochet around and penetrate, or in the case of rounded plates, striking with the most energy on the smallest point - not good for whatever you're trying to protect.

They look cool as hell, but probably not the best thing to actually 'reduce k'.

Look at the front of a M1A2.

#7 zenbaltz

zenbaltz

axisZENalive

• 199 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

Supposedly, the red colored armor seen in the Gamepro pic, is called
Spoiler
also

seen are these other names,
Spoiler

Link: http://www.halo3foru...ad.php?t=147180

#8 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Supposedly, the red colored armor seen in the Gamepro pic, is called

Spoiler
also

seen are these other names,
Spoiler
Link: http://www.halo3foru...ad.php?t=147180

This kind of killed it for me.

"I got this off a friend who got it of a guy at Xbox Forums that apparently got it of a guy that is a Bungie Employee or M$ Game Studios Employee."

#9 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:22 AM

I'm thinking all of that is just fan renders.

#10 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image

Pretty fuckin' accurate fan renders if you ask me.

#11 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

Why wouldn't they be accurate with all the screens we have of permutations (like the ones you posted)? This is especially true if they are forgeries with the intent to deceive. Where is the initial source of this "leak?" Edit: Were these image files supposedly in the hex code? If so, isn't that a pretty obvious blunder on Bungie's part? Leaving Campaign crumbs is bad enough, but image files? Is the person who uncovered this a proven hex code hacker who has given reliable finds in the past?

Edited by Va1or, 10 July 2007 - 02:38 PM.

#12 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:48 PM

Also: Stinkles has not denied it. He's always quick to shoot fake stuff down and hidden behind his shenanigans when stuff is true.

Were these image files supposedly in the hex code? If so, isn't that a pretty obvious blunder on Bungie's part? Leaving Campaign crumbs is bad enough, but image files?

What? Image files? These are apparently models extracted from the game code. I've seen the same helmets on three different websites, with three different angles and render qualities, by three different people. If it's fake, it was done by an extremely talented modeller. People that mod Halo PC try to duplicate Halo 2 and Halo 3 objects, and they never come out that accurate. Even the best of the best of Halo modders aren't that good at replicating something.

I think they're real. It's too good of a fake to be fake.

Edited by Blaze, 10 July 2007 - 02:56 PM.

#13 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:55 PM

I don't think you have to be a hacker or modder to make those. I think you just have to have a decent artistic ability, some time on your hands and a good 3D rendering program. Once you create the 3D images, why wouldn't you be able to simply rotate the angles of your object and snap more pics?

#14 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:01 PM

Look, I?m not saying that these are real or fake. All I am saying is that when I see someone claim their source as, "I got this off a friend who got it of a guy at Xbox Forums that apparently got it of a guy that is a Bungie Employee or M$ Game Studios Employee." I have my doubts. Also, some people put a lot of time into making really elaborate fakes to deceive the internet. Not that I know anyone who has done that. *Cough*

#15 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:06 PM

What?

#16 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:09 PM

You win, Blaze. Your sense of post-apocalyptic fashion is as harrowing as it is accurate. :yucky: I've never used "yucky" before. Consider yourself fortunate.

#17 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,231 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

K.

#18 Tyja

Tyja

The artist formerly known as PoeticDave

• 77 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:13 AM

3 more new armour perms in this picture

Posted Image

Killzone head at the far right, left of him is what i presume is ninja and whos that guy chilling in the bottom left in the shadows.... Mark V!

#19 urk

urk

Don't tase me, bro!

• 474 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:43 AM

Man, I so called the Mark V. Every time anyone would discuss which permutation they were going to use, I'd always say, "Mark V." Fucking rad.

#20 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:15 AM

So we have:
  • Mark VI
  • Mark V
  • ODST
  • Spartan Ninja
  • CQB
  • EVA
  • "Killzone"
  • Standard Elite
  • Elite Ninja
  • Arbiter? (my guess)
That would make ten or are we supposed to have ten per player type?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq