Halo Wars

Halo Wars

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#221 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:12 AM

Well I`ve just finished the campaign and have to say I really enjoyed it. It wasn`t anything revolutionary as it plays and feels much like the Command & Conquer games currently on the 360. I would reccomend this game to anyone with a passion for all things Halo as the storyline is very cool and the cut scenes are awesome especially towards the end where you see
Spoiler
. This game is fun to play both in the campaign and in multiplayer.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#222 Deepblue

Deepblue
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Well I`ve just finished the campaign and have to say I really enjoyed it. It wasn`t anything revolutionary as it plays and feels much like the Command & Conquer games currently on the 360. I would reccomend this game to anyone with a passion for all things Halo as the storyline is very cool and the cut scenes are awesome especially towards the end where you see

Spoiler
. This game is fun to play both in the campaign and in multiplayer.

I have to say that when I first saw the cutscenes some time ago, I was a little pissed about the
Spoiler
but it was still pretty awesome seeing familiar characters rendered at that quality.

#223 vtancredi

vtancredi
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

New (to me at least) interview with a bunch of the devs. It is particularly interesting because they touch on the place of the Halo Wars story within the greater Halo universe.
http://www.gametab.com/news/2904930/

#224 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

Parts one and two have been out for a short while now, both viewable on IGN.

#225 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:28 AM

Played some 3v3 with Coco/Voc last night, and it was a blast. We got waxed the first two games we played, but eventually we found a strategy that worked for us. More people need to pick this up.

#226 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,841 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Cocopjojo
  • PSN:Cocopjojo
  • Steam:Cocopjojo

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

Yeah, those last couple of games were epic. Hundreds of Marines (including a constant stream of ODSTs being dropped onto the battlefield), a dozen Hornets, a dozen Scorpions, a half dozen Gauss Hogs, deftech dropping Cryo-bombs on Scarabs and freezing them in their tracks, and entire Covenant bases being taken out by mine and Jeremy's combined MAC blasts... what isn't awesome about all that?

#227 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

I`m always up for a game. :) Gamertag - KrAzY WiSh
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#228 Deepblue

Deepblue
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

Glad the final product seems to deliver some small measure of satisfaction. :D

Edited by Deepblue, 04 March 2009 - 03:54 PM.

#229 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

If I get the game by this weekend anyone willing to play with versus or otherwise?

#230 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

Well if no one does then I guess I'll have to get it later then.
Spoiler

#231 DualX

DualX

Great Job!

• Veteran
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

The final battle was very anti-climatic...even so that I didn't even realize that it was the last one of the game. Lame. =/

#232 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,975 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:12 PM

I love RTS. One of the first games I played on a PC was Warcraft 2. This game is very fun. It combines RTS and Halo. I wish I had gotten around to playing it sooner, but the limitation of playing an RTS on a pad was too much for me to pay for. So, I stole this one from my 7 y/o nephew. He thinks Uncle Jon is borrowing it, but we all know better... I got to the part where "the third party" comes into play. I don't like the fact that somehow someone knew about them 30 years before H:CE, but that's just me.

#233 Niterider

Niterider

You're so ugly you could be a modern art masterpiece.

• Veteran
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

I love RTS. One of the first games I played on a PC was Warcraft 2.

Me too actually. Thinking back, for me it was Warcraft 2, Wolfenstein 3D, and Duke Nukem (2D side scrolling awesome!).

If you liked Warcraft 2, you really need to try Starcraft or Starcraft 2. You can get the complete Battle Chest for Starcraft for less than 20 bucks. If you want to check and see if your PC can handle Starcraft 2, there's a demo.

This game is very fun. It combines RTS and Halo. I wish I had gotten around to playing it sooner, but the limitation of playing an RTS on a pad was too much for me to pay for. So, I stole this one from my 7 y/o nephew. He thinks Uncle Jon is borrowing it, but we all know better...

I got to the part where "the third party" comes into play. I don't like the fact that somehow someone knew about them 30 years before H:CE, but that's just me.

I was not fond of Halo Wars at all. Even if you remove console limitations or the "watered down RTS" arguments, it's still got issues.

I'm also not fond of stealing toys from kids ;)
PC: Sergeant Ego
Xbox Live: Niterider2004
PS3: Not used
Wii: Lol wut?

#234 aander91

aander91
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

If you liked this, get CnC 3 Tiberium Wars for 360. Fantastic control scheme and game.
I rate this post/Drew.

XBL: aander91

#235 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,975 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

I have C&C 3 for PC.

#236 aander91

aander91
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

It's best on PC obviously, but the Xbox port is really pretty well done too.
I rate this post/Drew.

XBL: aander91

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq