Photo

Campaign Game contradiction with Fiction (SPOILERS)

Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

The game is great in respects to TFoR as well, and it's upsetting to me because it seems like a lot of people don't seem to get this. They may have altered a few key elements from the novel, but seriously... look at all the things they went to lengths to include in the game which had previously only existed in that book and a few other EU stories. They could have just decided to tell their own story from scratch. But they didn't. Whether they changed a few things or not, they still built primarily off of Nylund's work. Which I have to say I feel is awesome, and in my own personal opinion outweighs any other changes they may have made.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#42 drossello

drossello
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

The game is great in respects to TFoR as well, and it's upsetting to me because it seems like a lot of people don't seem to get this. They may have altered a few key elements from the novel, but seriously... look at all the things they went to lengths to include in the game which had previously only existed in that book and a few other EU stories. They could have just decided to tell their own story from scratch. But they didn't. Whether they changed a few things or not, they still built primarily off of Nylund's work. Which I have to say I feel is awesome, and in my own personal opinion outweighs any other changes they may have made.

I kind of agree with you. I do like all the book staff that has been added to the game, like how Halsey at the end is going to Castle Base, I really know there is a lot of it, but the contradictions kinda kills it for me....hate th fact that Cortana is splitted in two in a book as a fix up and in the game is pretty clear its just one that is being taken from one hand to another. And i need someone to tell me what the hell Halsey meant by "its custodian".

Now, have we mentioned which of this contradictions are really not substantial by any means with the actual EU? It would be cool if someone would line them up.

PD:By the way, i just read Dani?s article in Forward, about the datapads this weekend. I recommend it so much. It made me remember the day i was reading an article about Medicant Bias in Ascendant Justice and I became a Fan. Great Work

#43 UltimateDogg

UltimateDogg
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

PD:By the way, i just read Dani?s article in Forward, about the datapads this weekend. I recommend it so much. It made me remember the day i was reading an article about Medicant Bias in Ascendant Justice and I became a Fan. Great Work

MB was one of the greatest stories in a game that you dont have to know about to play that game. I dont think we know all about the datapads yet, but i do think its on track to being up there with MB in that category :)

Edited by UltimateDogg, 04 November 2010 - 09:43 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq