What will you do first?

Halo: Reach

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

What does everyone here plan to do first when they get the game home? Personally, I'm picking up the Legendary Edition of the game and the Reach console at midnight from my local game store. When I get home I'm going to peruse the contents of the game then jump in some multiplayer. Usually I play the campaign first but I'm going to have friends around the house and I want to experience that solo.

Edited by KrAzY WiSh, 25 August 2010 - 05:07 PM.

GT: KrAzY WiSh

#2 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:16 PM

No brainer, for me at least. Solo Heroic run-through, then it's either co-op Legendary or Firefight.

#3 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Firstly, set my new Legendary statue in a nice place in my room where I can view it and feel good about my purchase as I'm playing. Then, campaign on Normal for the story. Probably sleep sometime in the early hours of the morning so that I can focus on the game more when I wake up. Then I'll play more. Probably for the rest of the fourteenth. Fortunately my current class schedule allows me to do that, since what we're covering on that day will only be review. Campaign, campaign, campaign, until I get the story and a few achievements down. Then I'll jump into multiplayer and firefight, and go back and forth between a Legendary runthrough and all the other features. It's kind of overwhelming actually, thinking of everything there is to do in the game...
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#4 CakeTown

CakeTown

This is Caketown!

• 122 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

LAN the multiplayer with 7 of my friends.
twitter: @bradenbullen

#5 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

No brainer, for me at least. Solo Heroic run-through, then it's either co-op Legendary or Firefight.

No solo Legendary run-through?

#6 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

No solo Legendary run-through?

Always wait a little while before I do that.

I don't know why, just the way I've done it with previous Halo games.

Figure there's no sense in breaking the tradition now.

#7 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 464 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

Solo Legendary run through here. =)

#8 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:30 PM

Solo Legendary run through here. =)

This is the way I'm leaning. Unless h00ters and Van are on, then we'll have to take our Halo 3 release night co-op team (and in h00ters' case, Halo 1 co-op team, as well) out for a second spin. The Covenant straight up wilted under our barrage of BR and Carbine bullets, so much so that Valor had to leave because he felt like he wasn't getting to shoot enough stuff. But yeah, probably Solo Legendary. Now that there's no eye-gougingly frustrating, Flood-laden, "Cortana" caliber level (spoiler from the kid who spoiled campaign? at least it's the good kind) and sniper jackals have shake-so-you-don't-bake microwave guns, what could go wrong?

#9 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:52 AM

Take the game out of the shrink wrap. /smartass

#10 NJ Shlice

NJ Shlice

Tonight, we dine in Halo!

• Veteran
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:26 AM

Unfortunately I will not be picking it up at midnight. I have few vacation days left at work and don't want to use one for this. So I'll be picking up the game around 4pm on the 14th. I plan on playing through on Heroic until I'm done.

#11 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

Read the manual. I always read the manual first before I play any game ... seriously. I think I'm OCD.

#12 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

Read the manual. I always read the manual first before I play any game ... seriously. I think I'm OCD.

You're not Ghaleon.

#13 Self Induced

Self Induced

My drinking ethics are not for discussing.

• 739 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

Gonna smoke a bowl and play the Gruntpocalypse variant of Firefight with unlimited Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers with bottomless clips. It will be glorious.
XBL: Self Induced
(no shit)

#14 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

Looks like I'll be playing in a tournament. Apparently, our BestBuy is hosting a tournament for Halo Reach 3 hours before the midnight release. So I guess I am going to own a bit, and get some prizes before I jump into campaign. I'll see if I can't record some footage of that too.

Edited by DualX, 04 September 2010 - 07:29 PM.

#15 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:40 PM

Looks like I'll be playing in a tournament. Apparently, our BestBuy is hosting a tournament for Halo Reach 3 hours before the midnight release. So I guess I am going to own a bit, and get some prizes before I jump into campaign. I'll see if I can't record some footage of that too.

You'll be playing H3 or Reach in this tournament?

#16 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

Reach. They haven't said what the prizes and stuff would be yet though.

#17 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

Well I have just found out that my new 46" TV will be arriving on Monday afternoon, so I guess I'll be setting that bad boy up before I play Reach. A new epic TV for an epic game, I can't wait.

#18 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Well I have just found out that my new 46" TV will be arriving on Monday afternoon, so I guess I'll be setting that bad boy up before I play Reach. A new epic TV for an epic game, I can't wait.

Congrats man. It's a much better experience to play a game like Halo on a large HDTV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo: Reach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq