Haha, get it guys? That's hilarious!

:(

#22 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I don't know why they didn't go with a proper remake. Like wtf, online co-op in my halo 1? LEAVE IT ALONE GODDAMNIT

#23 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,061 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Merguson, quit trolling. You suck at it.

#24 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

But it is how I operate.

#25 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Can't say nuffin' from a trailer. Not yet.

Although the quality of the animation was... odd... certainly prerendered, but I couldn't help but feel like it was moving too fast or something. I dunno. We'll have to wait...

Entirely CGI, so no hints at all about the new engine or tech they're using. I agree about the speed, but I think it was intentional. The end pose though looked a bit off, didn't seem quite like the Chief.

#26 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Entirely CGI, so no hints at all about the new engine or tech they're using. I agree about the speed, but I think it was intentional. The end pose though looked a bit off, didn't seem quite like the Chief.

The biggest problem I had with the trailer was the timing. It didn't linger long enough on the legendary planet as the ship hurtled towards it. There wasn't really enough time to get much of an awe moment. Also I think Chief didn't seem quite right because of the armor changes. He just looks... different. As you said, not quite like the Chief we know.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#27 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,963 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

The biggest problem I had with the trailer is that it exists.
Spoiler

#28 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, this was a certain disappointment. As sweet as ANY kickass CGI trailer can be (and E3 time is never short of CGI eye candy), I'd take proper in-engine footage for game reveals over CGI any day.

#29 Astromancer

Astromancer
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

I'm hopeful that the current look of the armor will change. The gear he wore in this teaser looks ridiculous; they shouldn't have changed a thing. When the Chief wakes up, I expect him to be the way I left him. The EVA thrusters are understandable enough, though, if a bit overdone. And that weapon isn't anything to make a fuss over- I expect that the UNSC has several thousands of pieces of equipment that we haven't seen yet.

#30 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

The EVA thrusters are understandable enough, though, if a bit overdone. And that weapon isn't anything to make a fuss over- I expect that the UNSC has several thousands of pieces of equipment that we haven't seen yet.

That weapon looked like a fancy flare gun rather than a tool of war.

#31 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,963 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:24 AM

That weapon looked like a fancy flare gun rather than a tool of war.

It's a rifle (well, pistol in this case) grenade.

#32 DangerousDave

DangerousDave
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

Well, I tend to agree with the thinking espoused by Bungie for their later reveals--it was simply too much of a hassle to create a fully original trailer, even using the assets in development--too much of a timesink that should be spent improving the game. Real footage is always more comforting of course, just because we don't know what the final product has in relation to the cinematic--I'm going to bet that the Chief's armor isn't dramatically different than it was in Halo 3 and that the cosmetic changes are just the stamp of the studio who made it, but we cannae' be sure. (Also, was I the only one who thought Cortana looked odd too?)

#33 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

I agree, the way Bungie used to make trailers seems like a huge resource drain and they never managed to hit the bar those trailers set anyways. However, I would rather see a trailer of what's in the game and display-worthy (a la Anniversary) than a CGI trailer. Example: the new Assassin's Creed. That trailer! Then we see the gameplay demo and it's still just Assassin's Creed. Now, I enjoy Assassin's Creed's gameplay, but that trailer might as well have promised that AC would cook, clean, and provide a full-featured Halo 1 remake. The CG trailer phenomenon feels extremely disingenuous to me.

#34 Postmortem

Postmortem

POSTMORTEM

• 255 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

Well, I tend to agree with the thinking espoused by Bungie for their later reveals--it was simply too much of a hassle to create a fully original trailer, even using the assets in development--too much of a timesink that should be spent improving the game. Real footage is always more comforting of course, just because we don't know what the final product has in relation to the cinematic--I'm going to bet that the Chief's armor isn't dramatically different than it was in Halo 3 and that the cosmetic changes are just the stamp of the studio who made it, but we cannae' be sure. (Also, was I the only one who thought Cortana looked odd too?)

Chief's armor is being talked about on a lot of websites and in a lot of interviews. My understanding is that the changes aren't purely cosmetic, and there is going to be some explanation as to why his armor has changed. My money's on the Mk. VII that was hinted at in Halsey's Journal... or at least some components of that, whatever could be upgraded onto the Mk. VI without completely changing his suit. As for cosmetic changes, anything cosmetic won't (or I'm hoping it won't) be any more drastic than the differences between the Mk. VI in Halo 2 and Halo 3. So, the jetpack wasn't on the Mk. VI, the shoulder pads, the new helmet... I'm hoping that in Halo 4 we are still going to be using the Mk. VI, just with some new added components from the Mk. VII.

As for Cortana, I believe her changed image is due to her state of rampancy and extreme age for an AI. Her hair seems shorter, her body seems more hunched over... less youthful. And she no longer appears to be quite as... well, naked. To me it now looks like she's wearing some kind of body suit. Just as an AI can choose their appearance when they're created, who's to say they can't change it over time as they age? Or perhaps Cortana is unique in that respect because of all she's experience. To me, she simply looks more like Dr. Halsey now.
GT: FinalPOSTMORTEM

#35 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,963 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Calling it now, Cortana is the main antagonist and will be the last boss fight in Halo 6.

#36 aander91

aander91
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

But when will he fight his evil clone?
I rate this post/Drew.

XBL: aander91

#37 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,963 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Last boss in Halo 5.

#38 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

His?

Plot twist.

#39 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:29 PM

I agree, the way Bungie used to make trailers seems like a huge resource drain and they never managed to hit the bar those trailers set anyways. However, I would rather see a trailer of what's in the game and display-worthy (a la Anniversary) than a CGI trailer.

Example: the new Assassin's Creed. That trailer! Then we see the gameplay demo and it's still just Assassin's Creed. Now, I enjoy Assassin's Creed's gameplay, but that trailer might as well have promised that AC would cook, clean, and provide a full-featured Halo 1 remake. The CG trailer phenomenon feels extremely disingenuous to me.

In engine trailers such as the amazing Halo 3 Announcement trailers are great but as Cuse had said it didn't turn out looking like that anyway. If it's taking them away from doing the game then I agree they should just do CGI for the announcement. At some point when the game is further along they have to show in-engine, but more than a whole year before-hand is totally understandable. ODST and Reach were both like this, and the unfortunate truth is that for a title this huge it seems like you just can't announce it the same year as release because of business reasons.

#40 Astromancer

Astromancer
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

Calling it now, Cortana is the main antagonist and will be the last boss fight in Halo 6.

Works for me; if she's gone batshit and gets loose in some Forerunner systems or something, having to destroyer her doesn't actually seem like that bad of an end.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq