#41 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,009 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Just preordered Halo 4 via MS Store to get the $25 coupon. Will turn around and use that with Blops 2 to get a $10 coupon and 1600 MS points.

#42 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

I wish I could do that, but I'm so impatient!! If the MS store did free same day shipping, I'd be all over it.

#43 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Very nice. Anyone else getting Blops 2 also? I really would love to get some zombie games in too.

#44 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Yes, getting BLOPS2 as well.

#45 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

Edited by JCTucker, 31 October 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#46 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

7?

#47 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

No, just 6. 5, maybe, if you count the midnight launch...

#48 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Voc or Coco? Seriously. Whoever runs your marketing department needs someone to go take a massive shit on their desk. I'm talking like, save one in the chamber for a few days and litterally decimate that surface.

Behold.

#49 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I spent the first 45 seconds alternately playing and pausing, clicking on the video thinking that I was controlling it.

Edited by Syracuse022, 31 October 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#50 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Now that I work in marketing, I understand why this kind of shit happens. Unfortunately all of these big companies (like MSFT) have partners that they use to cross promote their big releases. As part of that, MSFT probably had to hand over their assets (logos, images, characters, etc) to Mountain Dew/7-11, who probably had some freelance designer or design studio throw this video together. You'd hope that the MSFT Halo/videogames marketing team would get final approval on something like that, but that might not always be the case depending on the relationship. It's probably not even the actual marketing team handling this, but another promotional/relationship marketing team. In any big ad campaign, you'll always have multiple parties involved, which is why you get such uneven components when it comes to quality. So, Nightshade, there's the long answer that you didn't give a shit about.

Edited by Vanwadilion, 31 October 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#51 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Now that I work in marketing, I understand why this kind of shit happens. Unfortunately all of these big companies (like MSFT) have partners that they use to cross promote their big releases. As part of that, MSFT probably had to hand over their assets (logos, images, characters, etc) to Mountain Dew/7-11, who probably had some freelance designer or design studio throw this video together.

You'd hope that the MSFT Halo/videogames marketing team would get final approval on something like that, but that might not always be the case depending on the relationship. It's probably not even the actual marketing team handling this, but another promotional/relationship marketing team.

In any big ad campaign, you'll always have multiple parties involved, which is why you get such uneven components when it comes to quality.

So, Nightshade, there's the long answer that you didn't give a shit about.

I actually do give a shit. As in, multiple desks are now required to be shat upon. So, I'd say I give multiple shits rather than none.

#52 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

343 must have paid IGN a metric crap-ton of money.

#53 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

Halo 4 seems to be getting universal praise though, even if that reviewer sounded like he was constantly shooting baby batter the whole time he was speaking.

#54 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

When do we get to find out which missions Cocop designed and which narrative ideas were Voc's?

#55 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

After you've beaten it and told him which ones you love and which ones you loved less.

#56 JCTucker

JCTucker

• Veteran
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

"MS gave 343 a blank check for Halo 4, and every cent shows up" IN MY WALLET!

5!

#57 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Mattacus is correct. He asked me the same question when he and I went out for noodles in Tokyo a few nights ago.

#58 mattacus

mattacus

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

I wasn't going to mention that night without the picture of us and the giant bikini robots, but now that you brought it up, I had a blast. And your coworkers all seemed pretty cool. It gave me great hope that for the taul one, at least, he seemed passionate about game design and his job in particular.

#59 Cocopjojo

Cocopjojo
  • Veteran
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Haha yeah, I will post that picture as soon as he gives it to me. And I should have waited until I had it.

#60 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Cocop isn't telling me which was his mission either. I think I'll be able to determine it fairly easy though, I know his style. The game is getting killer reviews and I've seen a lot of videos. I know the gun-play is great because it stood out when I played back at PAX, the thing helping this game most though is that they have a great selection of launch maps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq