Halo 4

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Well look at that, episode 3 was an improvement over the previous two. Probably because of the increase in vehicle sections, but mostly because Prometheans didn't make a single appearance. I still want to see more interesting mission designs and some new locals, though.

#22 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,929 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I enjoyed Episode 3 way more than the past two. I'm not sure if it was the new locations or the fact that we don't fight any Prometheans, but it's certainly less tedious to farm than the first two episodes were. The writing is still awful, even Halsey sounded far more flat than she normally does, but it looks like they're actually planning on bridging the story gap between the two games with SPOPs, which I like. Maybe they just wanted to set our expectations really low from the get go.

#23 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,989 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I enjoyed Episode 3 way more than the past two. I'm not sure if it was the new locations or the fact that we don't fight any Prometheans, but it's certainly less tedious to farm than the first two episodes were.

The writing is still awful, even Halsey sounded far more flat than she normally does, but it looks like they're actually planning on bridging the story gap between the two games with SPOPs, which I like.

Maybe they just wanted to set our expectations really low from the get go.

I'm telling you. A left over crazy Cortana will be revealed to be controlling the Prometheans. She'll infect Chief's replacement Cortana, and wage mental warfare on Chief throughout most of Halo 5 and Halo 6 will be the conclusion of that arc.

But, in the end, something will be fixed, and replacement Cortana will hold crazy Cortana's memories, so it'll be like she never went away. Then, she can make a Hardlight BoomBoom Room where she can do other things she "Always wanted to do."

It's the whole B4 / Data angle left unresolved in the ST: TNG universe when... Only with less Dr. X killing pre-crackhead Bane.

#24 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Has anyone played through Episode 4? It was pretty cool, I enjoyed it. Hopping on the Warthog and splattering a bunch of Prometheans was a blast. Oh, and Eggheads!

#25 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,929 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Absolutely miserable. Every single level was recycled, more button pushing, more awful dialog, the plot goes nowhere. Every mission except the second one is "Sprint to the ammo crate and hog all of the power weapons before anyone else can get them!" Mission 2 was the only redeemable thing about it, Ragnarok works well with Warthogs. Such tripe. I have no hope for the rest of the episodes, it's pretty clear the direction they're going with them. Maybe it won't be garbage in Halo 5, but 343, I think you're better off just bringing Firefight back and calling it a day. Anything is better than... this.

Edited by Drew, 27 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#26 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Wow, tell us how you really feel Drew.

#27 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

You can't exactly ask for people's opinions and then be derogatory to what they respond with.

#28 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 2,989 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

"Miller, we've lost Crimson. FIND THEM!" "Got 'em Commander! It's easy when you only have to look in the same 3 places."

#29 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,929 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

You're the one who asked.

Spartan Ops, on the whole, is trash. There are a handful of missions that are decent, but nothing standout that makes me say "Yeah, I want to play that again."

Who knows, maybe the final episode will be good! A lot of things could've theoretically happened between the making of the fourth and fifth episodes. Maybe they won't rehash everything again. Maybe they hired competent writers. Maybe they came to the realization that Prometheans are tedious to fight. Maybe they decided to kill off the awful characters and get ones that are actually remotely interesting. See, not all hope is lost!

#30 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

I feel like there's only going to be one season of Spartan Ops. Neat experiment on the part of 343, but I don't think it's nearly popular enough to where they can sell more seasons of something like this. I read an article about how Spartan Ops was supposed to be more like Firefight with some objectives built-in and I think that's probably what'll happen for next time. I'll see if I can dig up that article.

#31 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

So here's a trailer for Spartan Ops Episode 6 to 10.

http://www.youtube.c...Q...lbQ&index=1

For the three that I think enjoy Spartan Ops.

There's definitely some new locations including Vortex multiplayer map. (I was wondering why they didn't use different MP maps for the first five episodes.. I guess they were saving it).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq