• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Crimson map pack trailer.

Three more big team maps -- and they all look practically the same. I don't care what the trailer says about their size, if it's big enough to have a Warthog in it, it's not a small to medium sized map. Whatever.

#2 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I never understood "small to mid-sized". Is it small, or is it mid-sized? Plus side is that maybe people will finally choose a big map besides Ragnarok, down side is that there isn't anything to keep people from picking Haven in the smaller games. Also, ditto on the samey look of the maps. Lots of browns and greens. I'll be too congested with Dragonborn and Far Cry 3 when I finally get around to playing games again, so I'll let the rest of you test drive them.

#3 JCTucker

JCTucker

Likes everyone as a person.

• Veteran
  • 3,033 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:JCTucker
  • PSN:Poor_Judgment

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I cannot tell the first and third maps apart.

#4 Merguson

Merguson

I don't know what I'm doing..

• Veteran
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

There is a third map??? I thought there was only two. Good news.
Spoiler

#5 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Am I the only one that felt like I couldn't tell what any of these maps actually looks like?

#6 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I'm not holding my breath for anything mind-blowing. I'll probably wait to hear reviews before I decide to buy it. I shelled out for the Reach map packs and got to play them... never. Fuck that.

#7 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Am I the only one that felt like I couldn't tell what any of these maps actually looks like?

No. The first two use identical UNSC architecture, and the lighting/visual theme of the first and third are practically identical. What a disappointment.

Hopefully they play better than they look.

#8 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Harvest looks pretty nice after watching the walkthrough.

#9 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm not holding my breath for anything mind-blowing. I'll probably wait to hear reviews before I decide to buy it. I shelled out for the Reach map packs and got to play them... never. Fuck that.

Apparently there will be a dedicated playlist for the new maps.
GT: KrAzY WiSh

#10 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

They did that for Reach briefly too. Once those playlists were removed in favor of keeping the population concentrated, I never saw a single DLC map ever again. Until I hear that 343i has actually thought out a solution for that situation, I'll remain every bit as reserved as I am right now.

#11 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,949 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Multiplayer achievements, lol. 343 incapable of learning from the past, it seems.

#12 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

I HATE multiplayer achievements. But what are you supposed to do when the DLC is multiplayer only? Now They Fly? Get a kill while airborne in a Warthog. 50 points Size Is Everything Kill 20 enemies with a detached Machine Gun Turret. 20 points ODST Kill a player while you're airborne from using a Man Cannon. 30 points Bigfoot Kill 20 enemies using the Mantis' stomp attack. 20 points David and Goliath Board an enemy Mantis. 20 points Clay Pigeon Shoot an enemy out of the air while they use the Man Cannon. 40 points Special Delivery Kill an enemy with a melee attack when landing from a Man Cannon. 30 points Pump Yer Brakes Score the killing blow on a Mantis. 40 points

#13 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Special Delivery is going to be Drew's new source of rage for the next few weeks, I think.

#14 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Here's a video of CTF on Harvest. It looks pretty damn good, I really like the Warthog ramps and the ring on the outside of the map. The interiors aren't narrow hallways, and the encounters generally remind me of The Pit which is a good thing.

#15 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

"Special Delivery" is definitely going to be a massive ball ache. A couple of them like "David and Goliath" and "Pump Yer Brakes" will probably be unlocked within the first game or 2 of BTB as it`s always on Ragnarok. EDIT: Unless they are map specific... I generally tend to dislike MP achievements too as most people just boost them anyway.

Edited by KrAzY WiSh, 05 December 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#16 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'm probably going to boost some of them anyway.

#17 KrAzY WiSh

KrAzY WiSh
  • 347 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm probably going to boost some of them anyway.

Me too. Sometimes I can't seem to properly enjoy games when certain achievements are still hanging over my head as it were. Once I've got them done I can get on and have fun. :)

#18 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

I've changed my mind - the Harvest and Shatter videos looked fun enough that I'll likely end up plunking down for the map packs. With that said, I am 100% serious: if these DLC maps are as poorly integrated into Matchmaking as they were in Halo Reach, the temper tantrum I throw will be legendary. I'm talking Cuse rants of yore caliber vitriol.

#19 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I've changed my mind - the Harvest and Shatter videos looked fun enough that I'll likely end up plunking down for the map packs. With that said, I am 100% serious: if these DLC maps are as poorly integrated into Matchmaking as they were in Halo Reach, the temper tantrum I throw will be legendary. I'm talking Cuse rants of yore caliber vitriol.

Including the classic "rrraaaaaaaapeeeee" and "oliolioliooooo" stuff?

Don't even pretend you don't remember, Broseph A. Banks.

#20 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

• Veteran
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Speaking of oliolioliooooo, Map Pass holders and Limited Edition purchasers can't access the maps. Back to 'Yeah, I'll wait and see whether they know what the hell they're doing' mode.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq