Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

343i bringing a whole new level of generic to Halo 5 Beta weapons:

jonQ33QB0Rz8v.jpg
jfbTCTL3wdMar.jpg

Midship looks nice though, at least from a design perspective. Still looks grimey.

14896503372_664b287931_o.jpg

Edited by Nightshade, 12 August 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#2 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

Lots of interesting things in this new Halo 5 Beta Video.

#3 Slightly Live

Slightly Live

Forward Unto Dawn

• Veteran
  • 460 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Slightly Live
  • PSN:ForwardUntoD
  • Steam:iwasdani

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

FAIRPLAY

FAIR

PLAY

FAIR

#4 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Really hope that's a new launcher and not the old launcher redesigned to be terrible (probably a lock-on only weapon is my guess).

Maps look pretty good except for horrible aliasing, hopefully 343 sorts out a decent AA solution.

#5 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

If you'd have just shown me those two guns out of context I'd have never been able to guess they were from Halo.

#6 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Yeah, I don't even understand why they are using that ugly thing when they have assets from the amazing MCC one. Another human rocket? =/

#7 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Which doesn't make sense no that I think about it, unless they wanted the Missile Pod back for whatever reason. The Splaser works just fine against air vehicles.

#8 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

I love how they spend the whole video talking about how important they recognize _____ being, where _____ is any of twenty or so things that Halo 4 didn't get right at all (having a beta, focus on map control, 4 v 4 as the sweet spot, players starting on the same footing).

#nope

#9 Syracuse022

Syracuse022

Build My Gallows High, Baby

• Veteran
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

One more thing, rotating red and blue snowmobile pilots? Why was the Halo 4 armor design guy not fired?

#10 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

I love how they spend the whole video talking about how important they recognize _____ being, where _____ is any of twenty or so things that Halo 4 didn't get right at all (having a beta, focus on map control, 4 v 4 as the sweet spot, players starting on the same footing).

#nope

I thought that was pretty funny.

"Remember everything about classic Halo, that was super important, and that we completely threw out the window for Halo 4? That shit is crucial."

Maybe it's a good sign...?

#11 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Maybe it's a good sign...?

Hardcore-pandering marketing facade.

#12 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

I guess we'll find out one way or another, come December...

#13 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 624 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Sure will...the first time you get lolsmashed by a spartan ability.

#14 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Sure will...the first time you get lolsmashed by a spartan ability.

):

Edited by Drew, 12 August 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#15 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Hardcore-pandering marketing facade.

Ding ding ding. Though it is nice to hear them throw their baby under the bus. I'm glad they had to keep using the word "fair" implying that they know Halo 4 was un-fair. 

I'm more excited for Halo 5 than I was yesterday, so they've got that going for them. But I refuse to believe the shit they say until I play it in the beta.

#16 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Here's a gallery with all the weapons in the trailer. These definitely can't be final, the colors and textures don't look anywhere near complete and they flashed across the screen in the trailer so maybe they thought no one would look at them too closely.

http://imgur.com/a/heUU1

#17 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Wow. There is a lot of bitching in this thread. Halo 2 was shit compared to its predecessor, and you guys look back on that like it was heaven. It seems like what is missing from these conversations on previous halo and future halo is perspective.

A 13-yr old girl who babysits for us plays the crap out of all halo games and loves them. She's not an idiot. So what is missing from her experience that you guys are getting so butt-hurt over?

#18 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Wow. There is a lot of bitching in this thread. Halo 2 was shit compared to its predecessor, and you guys look back on that like it was heaven. It seems like what is missing from these conversations on previous halo and future halo is perspective.

A 13-yr old girl who babysits for us plays the crap out of all halo games and loves them. She's not an idiot. So what is missing from her experience that you guys are getting so butt-hurt over?

Yep, that sure is an opinion you have right there. 

#19 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yep, that sure is an opinion you have right there. 

You read minds?

#20 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,692 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

I don't know your kids' babysitter so I can only guess at her rationale, but think about her age for a second. She's 13. She was just born when Halo:CE came out (FUCK we are old). Has she played them to the lengths we AJ douchecocks have? Did she play them in order? Hell, I don't think she would've been able to even play Halo 2 online depending on when she picked up the series. I'd argue what's missing from her opinion is what is messing with ours: perspective. I don't think there's any way she's experienced Halo's multiplayer from beginning to end like we have. To her, the dramatic shifts from the first 3 games to the last ones probably aren't as jarring.

As for me, I'm butthurt because after Halo 3 the series has been trying to not be Halo. Reach showed how little of a shit Bungie gave about the series anymore. 4 was trying too hard to stand out as a non-Bungie game, and Drew did a good job showing how overdesigned everything is. What disappointed me the most though with Halo 4 wasn't how badly 343 showed they had no idea how to write, design, or balance a Halo game, it was that 343 showed they didn't even know how to be original. Heavy COD influences in multiplayer, paint by numbers plot, etc. Halo 4 was the first game I felt had the shitty "appeal to the lowest common denominator" icing on top. So yeah, when THAT is your last taste of this franchise, Halo 2 IS heaven. Almost no one here will argue that Halo 2 plays better than CE, but goddammit we still played that game for 3 years. Halo 4 didn't even last 3 months.

Edited by Kinetic, 16 August 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq