• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#1 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Welcome. There'll be many new members around here soon. Use this thread to introduce yourself and let us know anything interesting about you. What your name? Where do you live? What's your gamertag? What do you do for a living? How did we meet you? What do you like most about Halo?

#2 Va1or

Va1or
  • Veteran
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:45 AM

Name: Mattison (or "Matt" if you prefer)

Gamertag: Va1or

Sometime after Halo 1's release I started wandering around the net forums. Before Halo 2's release I searched for every scrap of info I could on the game. That brought me to nightly.net where I started reading a lot of Voc's posts, including his giant Halo 2 thread. Following Voc's posting brought me to Riches Will Rust where I met some more of you. I started reading Voc's blog on H3, which became the Halo 3 Data Archive. I contacted him through the provided contact email and asked if I could add him to my buddy list. He said that I could and so I did. Playing with guys from the Ephorate has been some of the most fun I have had playing Halo 2.

I am 26 and married to my wife Tara and we have two little boys, Titus (3) and Isaiah (2). I work for the Post Office delivering mail and occasionally doing some other things. I hope to get a full-time office job with the PO in the near future. Ultimately, I would like to become a history teacher or professor and maybe make and sell art on the side (my degree is in art). I have 4 years in college under my belt and I love history and philosophy and theology...and Halo.

For more personal info on me you can visit my MySpace profile: http://www.myspace.com/mattisond

Halo might be the only reason that I am a "gamer" today. It's the reason I bought an XBOX. Halo 1 is probably my favorite game of all time (though I like the multiplayer better in Halo 2 [sorry Syracuse!]). It's got aliens, robots, marines, guns, cyborgs, AI and space ships. What's not to like?

Edited by Valor, 17 September 2006 - 09:46 AM.

#3 mattacus

mattacus

I get the sneaking sense that Gamble is NOT a douche.

• Veteran
  • 3,518 posts
  • Xbox LIVE:Old Mattacus
  • Steam:oldmattacus

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

There's not much I can say. Law Schools tend to kick people who are too snarky on the web, and I'd rather not give too many clues as to my whereabouts or identity. That being said, I live somewhere in TX, and I like Halo and fried chicken.

#4 UHYVE

UHYVE
  • Veteran
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:14 PM

Name: Matthew (or "Matt" if you prefer), most of my friends call me Callaghan.
Is that 3 Matt's in a row?

Gamertag: UHYVE

I was first introduced to this forum by an old member called PoeticDave. It was around the time of the Halo 2 leak and I'd been having alook inside the files with a hex editor, for some reason quite a few people found it quite interesting (there's so much unused stuff in there) and that's pretty much how I ended up here. I generally come back because it's the only bunch of chilled back people on Live that I know about.

For a living, I'm not a full time university student. I actually started today. I go to the University of Huddersfield, where I believe this cool ytmnd got it's picture from (since Partick Stewart is the Chancellor of the uni). Anyways, I'm taking a BSc course in computer games programming, where in the third year we get assigned to a games company and just work there, for the whole year.

Ermm, what else can I say.... the first game I remember playing was Megaball for the Amiga. Favourite game series is probably MGS closely followed by Halo, most things Squaresoft and Big Rigs. Worst game I've ever played... erm.... oh, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, I just hated that game so much. My favourite things to do is eating unhealthy food, playing video games, going out and... I dunno, something British like drinking tea or something.

Sorry about making up extra questions by the way, I was just realllly bored and had nothing better to do.

Edited by UHYVE, 18 September 2006 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:52 PM

Well, I was going to try and keep it a secret, but since Gamble and Blaze know who I really am, I suppose Ill come clean. Some of the older members may know me as PhantomGears. I used to play Xbox Live and be a mamber of the Ephorate until...eh, I dunno what happened. I don't have any Xbox controllers now, so I suppose I'm waiting until I have the chance to get an Xbox 360. Perhaps then I can play with you guys. I'm happy to see the clan doing so well :D For those who don't know me... Well, I'm a hotheaded irish blood kind of guy, but I'm not sure how I'll be next time I can play Xbox Live. Big difference between mic and keyboard gameplay. Game-wise...I'm not particularly good at anything, I do a bit of everything and am usually the one to go out on my own and do my own thing. This usually results in my team benefitting greatly or hurting my team greatly. See you guys until um, that time comes. EDIT: For those of you curious, Shin Karasawa means "Truth from the Past". Its lame, but everything else I had in mind would be easily recognized...shame, I wanted to suprise everyone with my return. <_<

Edited by Shin Karasawa, 20 September 2006 - 06:54 PM.

#6 Supa Ben

Supa Ben
  • Veteran
  • 373 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

"Said stuff here"

OMG! Phantom it's been a long time.

You were the one who got me into this clan by playing with Brash.

Wow those were the good ol' days. You me Blaze and Kinetic on Headlong making forts and wraith launching.
Before Ivan would come in to say "Big Team Battle" and ruin everything we worked to make for the past hour, those were the good times.

#7 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

I think WraithCogs would've worked great... :thumbsup: Honestly Gears-er-Shin, I never thought I'd never hear from you again. Good to have you back amongst the ranks. EDIT: Supa, I thought I was the one who destroyed the forts? Goddamn it really has been a while...

#8 Shin Karasawa

Shin Karasawa

Halo?

• 432 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

I think WraithCogs would've worked great... :thumbsup:

Honestly Gears-er-Shin, I never thought I'd never hear from you again. Good to have you back amongst the ranks.

EDIT: Supa, I thought I was the one who destroyed the forts? Goddamn it really has been a while...

No way, WraithCogs wouldve been too obvious. XD Though thats one hell of an alternate.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get my hands on a 360 and get back into the groove, but I'm gonna try.

Yeah Supa, those were good times...I don't remember getting you into the clan though. o.o

#9 MoNuckah

MoNuckah

Has a wide stance.

• Veteran
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

Welcome back!

#10 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

Spartan Members. Introduce yourselves. Pretty please.

#11 Jamookie

Jamookie
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Ouch Blaze....little harsh on us old guys :laugh:

Well I've posted on a few threads, but haven't formally introduced myself on this one. My name is Jake, but I go by a nickname I've had since high school....Jamookie or Mookie. (long story) My gamertag is.....you guessed it Jamookie.

I live in Mansfield, Ohio. About 1/2 way between Cleveland and Columbus.

I currently work in a hell hole known as Smurfit Stone Container....and yes our corporate "colors" are Blue. I make corrugated boxes :down: , but now that my wife has graduated from nursing college I believe my time there is limited. I am also attending the University of Cincinnati and am a little over half way to having my bachelors in Addiction Studies. I am 31 years old, married, with 2 daughters (ages 10 & 8) and have a black lab (Raven) who keeps my feet warm while I'm gaming in the basement. I also am a youth leader in a local church.

Jeremy (Mr. Vociferious) hooked us up with a link to this site from the Grizzled Ancients, where Jeremy had invited me to join through a xbox.com forum. The 360 is the only system I have owned besides all Nintendo products and of course your good old retro gaming systems (Genisis, Atari, NeoGeo). I had basically stopped playing games other than Madden a few years ago, but when some guys I hooked up with from church introduced me to Halo 2 about a year ago I was hooked again :laugh: So I waited for the 360 and bought that. I look forward to gaming with everyone, feel free to add me to your FL.

"Sometimes fairytales may say best what's to be said." C.S. Lewis

#12 ReaperRampage

ReaperRampage
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:03 PM

Hey everyone, name's Roger and I'm from Toronto Canada. Llike Jamwookie I'm from the Grizzled Ancients forums. My tag is ReaperRampage but I've been offline for a bit now since my 360 died and I'm waiting for the damn thing to be repaired. Anyway, I can't wait for Gears of War .. I hope that i'm back before it ships. Reaper.

#13 vociferous

vociferous
  • Veteran
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

Welcome back, Phantom. Reaper, good to see you here buddy. Blaze is a little militant when it comes to video games.

#14 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:27 AM

hey guys, My name is Carl and I'm from East Windsor, New Jersey. My Gamertag is CeriousBuc...let me explain. My handle comes from my user name over at Madden Planet forums, I'm a big Buccaneers fan hence the surname (Cerious = Serious). MP, was one of the first forums where I started posting and the name stuck when I went XBL. I go by Cerious to my friends. I'm a Social Worker. I found this forum by way of the Halo 3 Data Archive, which I stumbled upon while reading an article on Joystiq. I started playing Halo with some friends via Lan parties, but I didn't really start enjoying the game until I bought an Xbox of my own (former Sony fan). What I liked most about Halo was the when the sequel allowed us the convenience of getting a group of friends together, without really being together. For us Halo is another way a hanging out. I recently upgraded to a 360 and I'm anxiously awaiting the GoW release next month. Sorry for the lurking! CB

#15 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:57 AM

:thumbsup: Thanks guys.

#16 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

Glad you found us Cerious, welcome.

#17 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,693 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:41 AM

Cerious you and my dad would be great friends. He's as hardcore about the Buccaneers as you can get.

#18 Cerious

Cerious
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

Thank Ivan. H3DA is quite an informative site and I'm as big a Halo junky that I am a Buc fanatic, so any news gives me my 'fix'. Kinetic, this has been one heartbreak of a season for Buc fans, so I know your dad is going through some tough football emotions right now! We went from losing a promising young QB in Simms to possibly finding a great one in Gradkowski. Is football man's equivelent to soap opera? Man, what drama!

#19 ReaperRampage

ReaperRampage
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

Thanks Voc, wondered where you went to over at GA, BTW how is your son doing? I'm always looking for good people to converse and game with - too bad that I can't game with you guys just yet. Lots of exciting things coming up soon and I can't wait to get my hands on GOW. Reaper.

#20 jak33

jak33
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:54 PM

hello, my name is josh. my gamertag is JAK33, im 17 years old, and im a senior at sherwood high in oregon. but im moving in a couple of months to Santa Rosa, California. i have all the last generation of consoles, and plan on getting all the next ones, iv played halo and halo 2 and friends houses since halo 1 came out, i didnt start playing halo 2 on my own system untill about half a year ago. i met you guys through my friend retroshadow. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq