Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#461 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:28 PM

Took me about 45 minutes all told to get the maps. But in the end? So worth it.

#462 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:07 AM

Boy I sure can't wait for April 15th when Xbox Live will just die again. Hopefully we get another terrible arcade game to make us feel better.

#463 Vanwadilion

Vanwadilion

Rainbow!!

• Veteran
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:12 AM

How'd the maps play? I picked them up yesterday morning, but I only got to spend about 5 minutes walking around them (they all looked really fun, although Kill House seemed a little boring), until my life was enveloped by school until midnight.

#464 DualX

DualX
  • Veteran
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:13 AM

Actually we will. We'll be getting Ikaruga on the 9th. =D In preperation for the Halo of these packs, however, I purchased the 2000 Microsoft points since I didn't want the the same to happen when that time does come again on the 15th. Hopefully all I'll have to do is just download the maps, and early as humanly possible (before the thousands of kids can get home from school so they can bug their dads about buying the maps and therefore clogging the series of tubes).

#465 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:00 AM

How'd the maps play? I picked them up yesterday morning, but I only got to spend about 5 minutes walking around them (they all looked really fun, although Kill House seemed a little boring), until my life was enveloped by school until midnight.

You're right about Kill House being the least awesome. However, it does have one redeeming quality, and that is that you can play clubhouse. Plus there's one little tiny window that you can get a glimpse of the wide open outdoors from, that was pretty cool. Anyway, the maps are really fun.

Creek is an awesome map, and it works for any type of play. I can snipe and go 20 and 2, and Blaze can run around with a shotgun, beating everyone else in the game by over 100 points. It really does cater to everyone. Not only that, but it's probably the best looking map in the pack (aside from Chinatown).

Chinatown is a blast. It's a brick-by-brick remake. No changes in door heights or removal of jumps (lolz). The only thing that's changed is the skin, which easily places it as the best looking map in the game. The amazing gameplay of Carentan and the gorgeous skin make it an awesome map.

Broadcast is also a great map. It's not as visually interesting as the other two, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. The only part they took from campaign was the main area (TV room and lobby), the rest is all from scratch. There's a huge outside area now which lends a lot to the map by providing options to snipers, and as to provide a spawn should one team have the main building locked down. It's well balanced and is probably the smoothest-playing of all the maps in the pack.

Edited by Drew, 05 April 2008 - 12:18 PM.

#466 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:14 PM

You're right about Killzone being the least awesome.

Posted Image

#467 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:17 PM

lmao Totally unintentional, but awesome none-the-less (it fits pretty well, even). Fix't.

#468 Drew

Drew

Waifus R Us

• 3,965 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

For anyone who wanted to buy the game but couldn't justify the price:

http://www.amazon.co...W...4103&sr=8-1

$34.99 on Amazon. No excuses anymore.

#469 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:32 AM

Turbo Controller...

#470 deftech

deftech

I Bet Gaming Steve Doesn't Discuss Business Ethics Either

• Veteran
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

Turbo Controller...

Well, I'm done with FPS games now.....

#471 Blaze

Blaze
  • Veteran
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

Even with that mod, the guy fucking sucks.

#472 Jironimo

Jironimo

Hunter Master Race

• Admin
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

He can't pull that shit in Halo triplez.

#473 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

He can't pull that shit in Halo triplez.

Carbine?

Not to mention that it could improve your battle rifle ability a very tiny bit.

#474 SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:07 AM

Infinity Ward rewarded with new IP - maybe a CoD Sci Fi shooter

http://www.xbox360fa...ed-with-new-ip/

When the rumor went around that the next Call of Duty from Infinity Ward would be going sci-fi, there was some who said that the described game might be an entirely new IP. We still don't know about the sci-fi part yet, but the new IP part looks pretty solid. Their deal with Activision was renegotiated (they 've got enough clout to do that these days) to give them a chance to do "a unique new IP by Infinity Ward, that we'll have complete control over."

http://www.xbox360fa...d6-goes-sci-fi/

To be honest, we almost feel a bit dirty posting this rumor. The game that for all intents and purposes, is COD5, is currently still being teased, and there's already rumors about the next game? Indeed there is, thus the faintly dirty feeling. Apparently an Infinity Ward team member spoke to someone from TalkPlaystation.com and told them that the company is at work on a new sci-fi title that may or may not see reveal at E3.

With Call of Duty: World at War returning to the familiar territory of WWII, and the series' current hit staking the claim of Modern Warfare it would seem to make sense that Infinity Ward would want to jump things into the future. If this ends up being accurate (heck, they could be working on a non-COD sci-fi game too) let's hope Infinity Ward can do better than some other popular franchises that have used a futuristic setting.

Call of Halo 6?
Posted Image

(Yes, my Paint skills suck, and I know Needlers don't go onto backs, among issues with this pic.)

#475 Kinetic

Kinetic

is Algebraic.

• Veteran
  • 3,709 posts
  • PSN:DocKinetic
  • Steam:dockinetic

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

Call of Halo 6?

Call of Duty 6: Really Modern Warfare

#476 Saevio

Saevio

Check out my gunz

• 124 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

Call of Duty: 2142

#477 Nightshade

Nightshade

↓ I'm with stupid. ↓

• Veteran
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

Call of Duty: Back to The Future. The first cut scene takes place in the future. But then they take a delorean back in time to fight World War II battles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq